Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements (31716 Views)

Idris Ajimobi To Contest Oyo Assembly Seat / Oshiomhole Presents Ajimobi To Buhari As Deputy National Chairman / Governor Makinde To Refund Tuition Fees Collected By Ajimobi To Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:21am On Jun 27, 2020
Take a Covid corpse to a mosque where thousands worship? Why not his family house? It is either they have received warnings from The Oluyole Landlords Association or they want every member of their family safe.
Hian!

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by tot(f): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2020
Kerfuffle:

Bro, even a 5-year-olf could easily pinpoint that his Christian wife was most likely behind the delay in burial.

I mean what's the correlation between the COVID-19 death and delayed burial. None! It's most likely the late man never wanted this nonsensical burial arrangement while he's alive, and will even hate it more now that he's dead.

This also show others that politicians are and will never be anyone's model for practicing their religion.

I hope this serves as a lesson to others before blindly jumping into interfaith marriage.

Already blaming the wife, meanwhile nothing was stated in the post to say it definitely was her.

You sound like a very intolerant person, if people choose interfaith marriage, it is their CHOICE, respect it and stop being intolerant.

4 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by clockwisereport: 10:27am On Jun 27, 2020
truthfulparrot:
I thought Muslims are supposed to be buried within 24 hrs. My Muslim brothers, please help with explanation. Are there exemptions to that rule? COVID 19 should not be used as an excuse. Abba Kyari was buried within 24 hrs.

Are Yoruba Muslims practicing a different faith from our Northern brothers?

is Soleimani Yoruba?
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by PigTormentor: 10:30am On Jun 27, 2020
[s]
Righteousness89:
Something tells me this man was led to JESUS before he died.. Just as we kept announcing!

Something tells me he specifically requested to be buried the way it's going..

I might be wrong! But If that's true, I Tell u , it's the greatest privilege any dying human can make...

For those arguing about forgiveness...

My MASTER, is willing to forgive the dirtiest of sinners as long as there is Life..

Two Murderers died along side JESUS at the cross..

One changed his eternal destination at the last minute..

All he said was... LORD Remember me in paradise..

That was all that took a man that was on the path of Hell to Heaven..

Mercy Expires at death! Once death takes a person, even if a combination of pope and bishop prays for forgiveness, its a Total Waste of Time..
[/s]

TRASH AS USUAL. RELIGIOUS RETARDED SLAVE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by splashbaby(m): 10:31am On Jun 27, 2020
truthfulparrot:
I thought Muslims are supposed to be buried within 24 hrs. My Muslim brothers, please help with explanation. Are there exemptions to that rule? COVID 19 should not be used as an excuse. Abba Kyari was buried within 24 hrs.

let the dead Bury their dead
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2020
I thought the ministry of health said that anyone that died of COVID 419 will not be released to his family ....and that the government will bury him...why are they releasing Ajimobi?
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Empiree: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2020
Habiyo:
When has Islam change the usual tradition of burial? Yaribanza with mixed religion. one leg Muslim and the other Ifa Chief Priest. Sure they've removed part of his organs that's useful for rituals. May God judge you According to your deeds.
Razzness:
So Yoruba muslims even do burial arrangements, honestly i think acts like this make other muslims see them as more 'traditional than religous' people.
No, it is his family. His wife is Christian which contributes to this as well. This is why we always say to muslims to stop marrying nonmuslims but they say we are extremists. He should have been buried at least yesterday because they had time and there was no significant delays.

So it is his family that are making decisions for themselves not Islam or religious Muslims

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by skolab4(m): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2020
truthfulparrot:

You can't know more than the muslims knows okay, burial in the 3rd day is still in line with the Islamic tenet. And if circumstances only known to the family makes them shift beyond 3 days, how does that affect you or change the faith of the muslims?

2 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by kelvinatkins(m): 10:41am On Jun 27, 2020
Empiree:
No, it is his family. His wife is Christian which contributes to this as well. This is why we always say to muslims to stop marrying nonmuslims but they say we are extremists. He should have been buried at least yesterday because they had time and there was no significant delays.

So it is his family that are making decisions for themselves not Islam or religious Muslims
Was Muhammed Ali buried the same day he died? You don’t know the cause of the delay so stop blaming the wife.
You sounded like an Extremist

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by joefelin2345: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2020
yinkus6750:
Should have been a low key , private funeral
The kind of crown that will turn up will be uncontrollable.
He was loved by Ibadan people and actually did well for the state in his 8 years tenure.
Apart from few controversies , he did well.
Will you stop that nounsence. He only did well for Ibadan people and loved by Ibadan people n not the entire Oyo State as a whole. Go n carry out an unbiased research from others towns viz Oyo, Shaki, Iseyin, Ago Are, Igbeti not to even say Ogbomoso. He was a usurper along with his likes in Ibadan, Osun State n Lagos State. Otherwise, wetin concern Lagos State Govt in his burial arrangements.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Empiree: 10:49am On Jun 27, 2020
kelvinatkins:

Was Muhammed Ali buried the same day he died? You don’t know the cause of the delay so stop blaming the wife.
You sounded like an Extremist
did you read me well?. I said there doesn't seem to be significantly delays. Islam is not opposed to carrying out autopsy, investigation et'al. But in his case, based on info we have, he died on Thursday and there was no news about autopsy or some sort of investigation and his body seemed to have been released to the family.

I only tried to clarify to the two guys who think Islamic burial protocols have changed. I wanted to let them know it is his family decision and not Islam.

And again, I stand by my statement, your nonmuslim wife or husband plays major role in situation like this. Take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Azeezogj(m): 10:58am On Jun 27, 2020
ChelseaDr:
Have the PTF and NCDC changed their protocol and guidelines on the burial of Covid-19 dead patients, why are they releasing the corpse to the family for burial?

Why is the Lagos government in talk with the family to release the corpse for burial?

Have they lifted the ban on inter-state travel?

So many questions begging for answers.

Or is the PTF and NCDC guideline only for the poor?

May his soul rest in peace, amen.

Exacty! For the poor, no doubt
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Austin1805(m): 11:04am On Jun 27, 2020
Empiree:
did you read me well?. I said there doesn't seem to be significantly delays. Islam is not opposed to carrying out autopsy, investigation et'al. But in his case, based on info we have, he died on Thursday and there was no news about autopsy or some sort of investigation and his body seemed to have been released to the family.

I only tried to clarify to the two guys who think Islamic burial protocols have changed. I wanted to let them know it is his family decision and not Islam.

And again, I stand by my statement, your nonmuslim wife or husband plays major role in situation like this. Take it or leave it
Its people like you that do force their offspring to marry from their religion or tribe even when the child doesn't like the person they both shared same religion or tribe.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by tunapawizzy: 11:09am On Jun 27, 2020
wahala awon family e niyen......people full road wey never eat
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by blessedchild234(m): 11:14am On Jun 27, 2020
RIP TO HIM
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by mystiquerebirth(m): 11:15am On Jun 27, 2020
You've displayed poor judgment and conduct in your post.

You've deliberately insulted and disrespected a group of people (Christians), their beliefs, their religious book and the God they believe in.

You don't need to describe the Bible as being 'Bullcrap'. Disrespect for the beliefs of another person brews strife and troubles. You can actually disagree or disapprove a post without being rude or disrespectful.

Would you approve of anyone disrespecting your religious books, if you subscribe to religion?

We don't need to fight over the religion of a dead person. Religion is for the living. The dead would pay for their deeds on earth. An Islamic or Christian burial changes nothing.

'something tells me' means having an intuition or suspicion. In this case, I believe he(Righteousness 89) is questioning the departure from the known Islamic timing of burial.

We can all share our religious beliefs tolerably without any disrespect.

More lights to your path.

Rilwayne001:

You seriously need to shut up for once and read the original post first before vomiting your Bible bullcrap on every thread.
He's to be buried in an Islamic way and this is due to the Covid_19 situation.

If you're high on the delusional opium you're smoking from your Bible, you need to save us the stress on nairaland for and smoke your stuff in your room alone or with your fellow christard. undecided

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Decryptor(m): 11:29am On Jun 27, 2020
truthfulparrot:

Northern Muslims see yoruba Muslims as "jokers" when it comes to Islam. They don't even attend the same mosque together.

1 Like

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by fatosky1(m): 11:30am On Jun 27, 2020
truthfulparrot:

what is the essence of burial? or Better put what are we burying? The spirit which is the man has gone back to its creator. It is the remains(mortal body) that is being taken back to where it comes from- which is the earth. The custom or the tradition of burying a deceased immediately after death or months after is just ceremonial. If you like sweep your room in the morning or evening, it doesn't matter. Dust will return to dust any time you choose to do your cleaning.

2 Likes

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Moganajoe: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Champneys: 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
Sun re ooo Aji!
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by sketcherJ(m): 12:28pm On Jun 27, 2020
Rilwayne001:

You seriously need to shut up for once and read the original post first before vomiting your Bible bullcrap on every thread.
He's to be buried in an Islamic way and this is due to the Covid_19 situation.

If you're high on the delusional opium you're smoking from your Bible, you need to save us the stress on nairaland for and smoke your stuff in your room alone or with your fellow christard. undecided

you too need to keep your mouth shut. If you want to criticize him. Do so alone, now don't bring other Christians into your criticism. You this religious bigot!
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by uwemconcept: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2020
Rest on

Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by isaiah1jacob: 4:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
the Late immediate past Oyo State Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, is a Christian not a Muslim
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Babaloko02(m): 4:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
Vanity upon vanity. We brought nothing to this world and we will leave with nothing. The fear of God is indeed the beginning of wisdom. To all our politicians, God is calling on you to repent from your evil ways before it is too late, for it is apointed unto man to die once, after which judgment will follow.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Mccullum: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
truthfulparrot:

Funerals in Islam (called جنازة "Janazah" in Arabic) follow fairly specific rites, though they are subject to regional interpretation and variation in custom. In all cases, however, sharia (Islamic religious law) calls for burial of the body as soon as possible, preceded by a simple ritual of cleaning the corpse, followed by salah (prayer). Burial is usually within 24 hours of death to protect the living from any sanitary issues, except in the case of a person killed in battle or when foul play is suspected; in those cases it is important to determine the cause of death before burial, like Iranian General Qasem Soleimani who was laid to rest after three days of his death.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
Mccullum:

Funerals in Islam (called جنازة "Janazah" in Arabic) follow fairly specific rites, though they are subject to regional interpretation and variation in custom. In all cases, however, sharia (Islamic religious law) calls for burial of the body as soon as possible, preceded by a simple ritual of cleaning the corpse, followed by salah (prayer). Burial is usually within 24 hours of death to protect the living from any sanitary issues, except in the case of a person killed in battle or when foul play is suspected; in those cases it is important to determine the cause of death before burial, like Iranian General Qasem Soleimani who was laid to rest after three days of his death.

Before Gen Soleimani, there were several other Muslims that were not buried within 24hrs in the Arab world. It was never an issue to the Iranians or other Arabs for the dead due to some circumstances to be buried after 24 hours. In Nigeria, it is an issue not for the Muslims but for some Idol worshippers who hide under Christianity in a particular region on psychological warfare to unravel the religious bond of Islamic brotherhood between other tribes in Nigeria.

The purpose of their cry or hullabaloo is to break or weaken the Islamic brotherhood which they see as a strong force of dominance against them. The dead is gone. No matter how they lament, the Will of God is Supreme. Eyi o wu awi t'Oluwa lase. The Book of Lamentation will soon be opened for them.
Re: Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements by truthfulparrot(m): 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2020
Mccullum:

Thanks for this well informed information

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs Nigeria For China On A Weeklong Official Visit (photos) / Early Pictures Taken From Tinubu/shetima Campaign In Ilorin / Governor Fayose Lights Up Ikole Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.