Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Facebook To Fight Against Hate Speech Mark Zukerberg - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Facebook To Fight Against Hate Speech Mark Zukerberg (167 Views)

Chioma Puts Up A Good Fight Against Two Veteran Bullies / Billionaires:See What Tony Elumelu And Mark Zukerberg Did In Paris / Mark Zukerberg Loses A Whooping $25 Billion Amid Data Breach Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook To Fight Against Hate Speech Mark Zukerberg by Nairablink(m): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
Home News
NewsTech
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg outlined Several Steps The Social Network Will Take To Combat Hate Speech
By Nairablink- June 26, 202002
Nairablink
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg outlined several steps the social network will take to combat hate speech as companies pull advertising from its platform.

In a live stream and post published to Facebook on Friday, Zuckerberg detailed multiple steps the company will take ahead of the 2020 presidential election.

Nairablink.com
Among the planned steps: pushing back against voter suppression, boosting standards for hateful content in ads, and labeling content deemed newsworthy.

“I’m optimistic that we can make progress on public health and racial justice while maintaining our democratic traditions around free expression and voting,” wrote Zuckerberg. “I’m committed to making sure Facebook is a force for good on this journey.”

Read more: Mistakes People Make When Running Facebook or Instagram Adverts

Zuckerberg said any posts that would typically violate their policies but remain on the platform will include a label noting the content they are sharing may violate their policies.

The co-founder and CEO also said they will not provide any exemptions to content that incites violence or suppresses voting.

“Even if a politician or government official says it, if we determine that content may lead to violence or deprive people of their right to vote, we will take that content down,” he said. “Similarly, there are no exceptions for politicians in any of the policies I’m announcing here today...Read more here https://www.nairablink.com/facebook-ceo-mark-zuckerberg-outlined-several-steps-the-social-network-will-take-to-combat-hate-speech/

Re: Facebook To Fight Against Hate Speech Mark Zukerberg by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
Good one, this kind of development is also needed here on NL tongue .
Sincerely, some ppl seriously lack courtesy, they talk anyhow, type anyhow sad. And it really tells alot about them..

(1) (Reply)

Daily Hell Commuters Faces In Traffic Around The World Everyday. / Flying Has Changed After Covid-19 Outbreak-the9jaboy / Tonto Dikeh: I Have Forgiven My Ex-husband For The Sake Of My Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.