Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know (2652 Views)

Smartphone Batteries Explained / Why Smartphone Batteries Explode And How To Prevent It / Say Goodbye To Dead Smartphone Batteries With Itel P32 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by iamdannyfc(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

One popular musician is advertising it. You can try testing it out grin grin grin grin
Holy ghost fire! I wish you the same grin grin grin grin

You want make i dey carry stove waka around?
Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by atheistandproud(m): 10:10am On Jun 28, 2020
iamdannyfc:
What if i charge my phone back from like 50% to 100%.
How does it affect the charge cycle?

Apple Inc. clarifies that a charge cycle means using all the battery's capacity, but not necessarily by discharging it from 100% to 0%: "You complete one charge cycle when you’ve used (discharged) an amount that equals 100% of your battery’s capacity — but not necessarily all from one charge. For instance, you might use 75% of your battery’s capacity one day, then recharge it fully overnight. If you use 25% the next day, you will have discharged a total of 100%, and the two days will add up to one charge cycle."

Source: Wikipedia

4 Likes

Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by atheistandproud(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2020
iamdannyfc:

Holy ghost fire! I wish you the same grin grin grin grin

You want make i dey carry stove waka around?

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by Minjim: 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
Xioami uses Lithium polymer or Li-Po battery.
Little wonder the phone is die harder
Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by honsule(m): 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2020
Minjim:
Xioami uses Lithium polymer or Li-Po battery.
Little wonder the phone is die harder

am using xioami note 4. it is almost 3 years now, the battery is still intact, although these days with lots of browsing, it hardly takes me 24hrs. hence, i want to change the battery
Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by atheistandproud(m): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
honsule:

am using xioami note 4. it is almost 3 years now, the battery is still intact, although these days with lots of browsing, it hardly takes me 24hrs. hence, i want to change the battery

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Make I check well before I comment...

Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by LordOfTheWeed: 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
Fantabulous post atheistandproud cool

Pubg is about sending my phone to its early grave.. .. My phone(Samsung S9+) last me a whole day on normal usage but once I enter pubg, just 30mins of gameplay will drain 25% of my battery..

And like some people stated previously, we would like you to discuss about the effect of fast charging on our battery lives..

Thanks bro, may you never run out of knowledge grin

6 Likes

Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by lanre316: 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
Weldone, OP

Great information, as usual

For what you have done for the advancement of knowledge, I hereby give my sister's hand to you as girlfriend...

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by Hakeem12(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
lanre316:
Weldone, OP

Great information, as usual

For what you have for the advancement of knowledge, I hereby give my sister's hand to you as girlfriend...
Coman gimme, I'm an atheist toogrin

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by angelfallz(m): 7:27pm On Jun 28, 2020
atheistandproud:

Android authority is good.

Thank you
Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 7:36am On Jun 30, 2020
@OP , what's your take on the use of power bank on battery life ?
Is it advisable in the long run or is it a slow death for the battery?

Shalom.
Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by atheistandproud(m): 8:17am On Jun 30, 2020
zxcvbnmlkjhgfds:
@OP , what's your take on the use of power bank on battery life ?
Is it advisable in the long run or is it a slow death for the battery?

Shalom.

Powerbank are now smarter. If you get a good powerbank then have no fear my good man. It won't harm your battery.

My two powerbanks Romoss Sense 8+ and Xiaomi Mi 2C cost me a combined 26k (including shipping) but it was one of the best investments ever. My RN7 still gives me 6 hours SoT on very heavy use even after a year and 2 months of very heavy use.

Always buy a good one from reputable manufacturers

Avoid roadside powerbanks, avoid cheap ones, avoid generic ones too. If not your battery go swell like who get 3 months pregnancy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by Freelancerx: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
Nice piece

1 Like

Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by zxcvbnmlkjhgfds: 5:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
atheistandproud:

Powerbank are now smarter. If you get a good powerbank then have no fear my good man. It won't harm your battery.
Always buy a good one from reputable manufacturers

Avoid roadside powerbanks, avoid cheap ones, avoid generic ones too. If not your battery go swell like who get 3 months pregnancy

Thank you for the clarification.
I've been following some of your posts and I can say that you are one of the good people on this street.
Keep it up.
Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by scarycuteface(m): 8:22pm On Jul 07, 2020
Good
Re: Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know by Corroro: 1:52am On Jul 10, 2020
Nice read, very informative

(1) (2) (Reply)

Used Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus For Sale / Tecno Spark Go 2020 Unboxing And Review / Redmi Note 9s For Sell SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.