Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) (49566 Views)

239 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 10 Deaths On Sept 1 - (5161 Tested) / 573 New COVID-19 Cases, 129 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 15 - (2079 Tested) / 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by jidamsel43(m): 7:15am On Jun 28, 2020
Kyase:
im impress with kano
fariq what's the secret grin
The secret is that Kano state is not testing like Lagos

2 Likes

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by newisd75: 7:16am On Jun 28, 2020
SirWarlock:
what do you think
let us think of it, if d hot weather principle is true, it mean that most state in d north are closer 2 victory over coronavirus
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by annyz: 7:17am On Jun 28, 2020
LilMissRobbie:
You mean to tell me that Kano people now practice better hygiene than lagosians? Nah... something doesn't add up..

Nothing about the figures being dished out from the beginning have added up.
The people who steal money never want this menace to end.
They dish out frightening figures suggesting another possible lockdown. Some persons have made so much money illegally this period that their their present generation can not finish while some families barely have 1 square meal in a day. This is indeed a wicked world.
Thanks God inter state flights will soon commence.
Sometimes one regrets ever been of this nation.

3 Likes

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by onyxo76(m): 7:24am On Jun 28, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
I have said over and over, total lockdown of two months is the solution to defeat this virus.

FG can forget about pallatives, let Nigerians stock their homes stay indoors and thus deadly virus will be defeated.

How can the FG reopen Airports or plan to lift interstate ban. All churches should be shut down now even mosques.

All markets, shops, restaurants should be shut.
Compulsory wearing of face masks even while at home should be enforced.

Infact a 24hrs curfew for two months should be enforced.

I foresee the youths protesting for a total lockdown for two months.

Since lockdown was lifted, the cases kept increasing. Very soon Nigeria will become the epicentre of the virus.
we need to close all hospitals and isolation centres and nepa too since there must be 24 hours curfew for 2 months
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by lincs25(m): 7:26am On Jun 28, 2020
BAZ001:
With this numbers!
Abeg help us beg govt not to think of lock down again.
1st index case we beg dem make dem quick lock every where, no allow intl flight coming in , dem no hear.
Okay later them do total lockdown for 2wks and another 2weeks, and gradual easing.
why ease lockdown so early ?
Now numbers keep increasing while lagosians don't even care anymore.
You now want to lock down again.
Confused government!!!
They can go and stop airports from opening again because of this number, NCDC well done.
Once you hear say dem wan open church numbers go increase.
Na airport now Numbers don dey go up

You are not serious, nobody is locking down again. Covid-19 has come to stay just like Malaria, is better we learn how to stay with and manage it.

1 Like

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by riczy(m): 7:31am On Jun 28, 2020
Jux like the way boko boys came to live with us corona has come to do d same, if u dnt know y jux pass, d earlier we realize dt d better!. On anoda development someone said no corona virus in Cross river state, because they are nt testing, and I told d person and they are nt dieing due to Covid-19. Dt means no testing no death due to d virus, however test positive n die, so make ur choice which is better, d young man walked away! Happy Sunday all! Stay safe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 7:46am On Jun 28, 2020
Opperwezen:
People disregard safety measures because:

1. They believe the figures are falsified and the virus is not prevalent.
2. They are yet to see any one in their neighborhood get infected.
3. They are totally unaware of the havoc the virus caused in Brazil which has a very similar demographic.

Brazil has about 1.4m confirmed cases, I hate to sound like a pessimist but with things going at this pace with no bars in place, then we may be heading to that region.

4. They fail to realize that although the virus is not a death sentence to a lot, it can be very lethal to a few individuals the lot care about.

No cure or vaccine in sight, yet cases keep increasing geometrically, people dying, masses wanting their lives pre covid-19 era back in full swing, A government very eager to give it back to them ASAP.

My father has a chronic cough and he's in his 70's, his chances of survival if he comes in contact with the virus would be low.

Take home:

We tested about 2000 individuals, out of which about 750 returned positive, if we test 2m individuals how many would return positive?

Naija which way?

Nice and impressive analysis and points... But, I hate to be the one to break it to you: The only way is to crack on! At this point, the spread can never be contained!!! Kid yourself not!!!

I have said it severally here, NCDC has been playing catch up (Still playing catch up) since February, and they are still barely keeping up! Infected individuals in Nigeria are in Millions (Don't even bother arguing with this fact)!

NCDC and Health ministry are merely going through the motions with the laughable figures you see up there...

As for those who still call it a scam, well, you shouldn't blame them... In such hellish and hostile existence with very bad leaders, ignorance is the only bliss for a hopeless majority!!!

3 Likes

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 7:50am On Jun 28, 2020
jidamsel43:
The secret is that Kano state is not testing like Lagos

No one is testing like Lagos... That means nothing, cos it's mostly or largely people of high influence that are being tested in Lagos. What about the larger non-influential residents of that metropolis??! When will they be reached??! Will they ever be reached??!...

At some point in the not too distant future, everyone will ignore this charade!!!

1 Like

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by otokx(m): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2020
Kano it appears has reduced testing, they may be taking notes from Kogi and Cross River, all eye on Lagos.
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by alizma: 8:11am On Jun 28, 2020
TimmyBrass:
God have mercy. The numbers keeps increasing. So, the Lockdown had no real effects. Well, people aren't really bothered anymore tho. But, please y'all should stay safe. Our government care less about us. So, we should care for ourselves.

BTW, there's nothing special about ftc. Why is it so overrated? undecided
Do the citizens care about themselves, is it government that will come and force face mask or handkerchief on people's face or the government is d one to stop people from asking nonsense question like " if corona virus is real, why is it that nobody know anyone who know someone that is a victim of covid19 death? "
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by wizzard90(m): 8:14am On Jun 28, 2020
Oyo no dey carry last, pls Osun people let's be careful
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Kinematics: 9:17am On Jun 28, 2020
States with the highest number of tests done so far besides Lagos, including FCT as at 23.06.2020

1. Abuja 14794
2. Kano 10232
3. Oyo 7605
4. Edo 5965
5. Kaduna 5058
6. Gombe 4083
7. Ogun 3651
8. Borno 3412
9. Bauchi 3244
10. Rivers 3039

States with the least number of tests done as at 23.06.2020

1. Kogi 5
2. Cross River 8
3. Yobe 116
4. Bayelsa 299
5. Zamfara 313
6. Taraba 364
7. Anambra 379
8. Ekiti 407
9. Akwa Ibom 433
10. Benue 452

Indeed Nigeria is a JOKE.
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by DimIsaac10(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2020
Oyo state challenging FCT for top 2.
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Nickymezor(f): 9:20am On Jun 28, 2020
Hmmm
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2020
LilMissRobbie:
You mean to tell me that Kano people now practice better hygiene than lagosians? Nah... something doesn't add up..
Those figures are all fake. Everything is being underplayed. People want to resume normalcy at all cost. The truth is when this situation will backfire on us it will be very sad and frightening. I even heard Abuja airport has reopened. Lol... Greed

1 Like

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by SirWarlock: 9:29am On Jun 28, 2020
Francis95:
NCDC just heard that airports are doing test run now the cases are rising.

Which kind country be this?
Never knew the narrative would shift to Ncdc being in control of the country grin grin.

1 Like

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by SirWarlock: 9:33am On Jun 28, 2020
dairykidd:

Those figures are all fake. Everything is being underplayed. People want to resume normalcy at all cost. The truth is when this situation will backfire on us it will be very sad and frightening. I even heard Abuja airport has reopened. Lol... Greed
Economy>Health bruh. We can't know what's in store for Nigeria undecided. Either truly the assertion about our immunity to this virus cause of malaria grin holds weight or it's something else grin
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Opperwezen(m): 9:46am On Jun 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

Nice and impressive analysis and points... But, I hate to be the one to break it to you: The only way is to crack on! At this point, the spread can never be contained!!! Kid yourself not!!!

I have said it severally here, NCDC has been playing catch up (Still playing catch up) since February, and they are still barely keeping up! Infected individuals in Nigeria are in Millions (Don't even bother arguing with this fact)!

NCDC and Health ministry are merely going through the motions with the laughable figures you see up there...

As for those who still call it a scam, well, you shouldn't blame them... In such hellish and hostile existence with very bad leaders, ignorance is the only bliss for a hopeless majority!!!

In my opinion, we are at a stage where each individual is solely responsible for the safety of his family. This virus is thriving on ignorance, people refuse to believe the virus is prevalent here.

What is the solution in your opinion?
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2020
Opperwezen:

In my opinion, we are at a stage where each individual is solely responsible for the safety of his family. This virus is thriving on ignorance, people refuse to believe the virus is prevalent here.

What is the solution in your opinion?

The first step is massive widespread education and sensitization, same as what was done during the height of the polio issue... This ought to have been done since March, even prior to the lock down!!!

The next step is enforcement of preventive measures: It is not enough to talk on radio and on the streets. Nigerians are extremely stubborn and headstrong like the Biblical Israelites, there has to be door to door, and person to person enforcement of the rules or guidelines of disease prevention and containment.

The government has to get off her high horse, and liaise with private healthcare practitioners like doctors, pharmacists, even Nurses and midwives... The ultimate aim will be to facilitate symptom management, education, and immunity building.

Let me stress on the herd immunity building part... We must educate our citizens on immunity enhancement!!! At this juncture of escalation of spread, this is the only way out for over 70% of the citizens!!!...

As for you, ensure your loved ones are popping at least 500mg Vitamin C daily, with low doses of Zinc or Selenium. The slightest feeling of airway obstruction should be reported, if unable to do so, quickly get antihistamines...

This battle will be won eventually... But, we must all be proactive!!!

1 Like

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Opperwezen(m): 10:32am On Jun 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

The first step is massive widespread education and sensitization, same as what was done during the height of the polio issue... This ought to have been done since March, even prior to the lock down!!!

The next step is enforcement of preventive measures: It is not enough to talk on radio and on the streets. Nigerians are extremely stubborn and headstrong like the Biblical Israelites, there has to be door to door, and person to person enforcement of the rules or guidelines of disease prevention and containment.

The government has to get off her high horse, and liaise with private healthcare practitioners like doctors, pharmacists, even Nurses and midwives... The ultimate aim will be to facilitate symptom management, education, and immunity building.

Let me stress on the herd immunity building part... We must educate our citizens on immunity enhancement!!! At this juncture of escalation of spread, this is the only way out for over 70% of the citizens!!!...

As for you, ensure your loved ones are popping at least 500mg Vitamin C daily, with low doses of Zinc or Selenium. The slightest feeling of airway obstruction should be reported, if unable to do so, quickly get antihistamines...

This battle will be won eventually... But, we must all be proactive!!!

Good one Sire!
Although its easier said than done
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Angelfrost(m): 10:35am On Jun 28, 2020
Opperwezen:

Good one Sire!
Although its easier said than done

Well, nothing good is supposed to come easy... Once the will is there, everything is achievable!!!
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by destiny4luv(m): 11:58am On Jun 28, 2020
Last week I have serious symptoms of covid_19, fever, cough, difficulty in breathing, high temperature but all I did was take some malaria drugs which am still taking and right now am so very ok, even went for jogging this morning.

To me this thing is just another form of malaria, and if your immune system is strong u will surely scale through. I believe over ten million of Nigerians are carrier but most of them don't know, and some won't even know till it leaves their system. Covid_19 is not a death sentence as we where meant to think or believe initially.

We just have terrible leaders who are using this as a medium of embezzlement. It's quite a pity.
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Larryallfather(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2020
Same here man, same here, if I can hack their site, maybe make a little cash and get out
Vicvalentine:

Na still the same paid NCDC agents dey type the crap.
I wish I can hack their website or twitter account

1 Like

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Amudeneogu: 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
Showing figures every day will not solve the problem what will solve the problem is finding the drugs, the Nigerian government should allow traditional medicine to be fully involved and stop depending only on western counties said because Nigerians are capable to find the solution for this problem.
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by chatinent: 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
So since Kogi state complained they are the disease-free, no more counts? Or Coro don dey fear dem?
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
TimmyBrass:
God have mercy. The numbers keeps increasing. So, the Lockdown had no real effects. Well, people aren't really bothered anymore tho. But, please y'all should stay safe. Our government care less about us. So, we should care for ourselves.

BTW, there's nothing special about ftc. Why is it so overrated? undecided

Lockdown had no effect because we didnt allow it to work. All the countries that imposed lockdowns and enforced it are seeing their numbers go down dramatically e.g Asia and Europe. The countries that refused to enforce lockdowns or were too eager to reopen before it was safe are seeing their numbers increase steadily e.g US, Brazil, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by barrypro: 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Lagos state what is the problem?
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by SpaceAngel: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
Whether people say it's scam or that it's malaria, don't be a victim out of carelessness.
I know colleagues that were down with the disease and like two dead people. Malaria doesn't make one to be breathless and also cough the way this thing does. One other common thing is extreme weakness.

Stay safe and don't be a victim unecesarily.

I hope the government of Lagos will ask the question of what went wrong with the last lockdown before attempting another one.
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by SolarEdge: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
I can imagine what bubu would be planning to do next.. If he cares anyways.
Re: 779 New COVID-19 Cases, 372 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 27 - (3006 Tested) by maiquel: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Why is cross river still 0?I clearly saw a thread on the homepage saying that they have recorded their first case.

Even NCDC gave info that no state is Covid free...
Whatever is going on in Nigeria...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Italian Police Transport Kidney In Lamborghini, Covers 500km In 2 Hours(Video) / Sick Baby, Benaiah Monday, Dies on his way to Dubai for his heart surgery / Lady Says She Got Blinded Because Of A Soap She Applied On Her Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.