Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? (11582 Views)

The Church Is Made For Sinner's And Not For The Righteous / Six Important Ways To Love God / A Christian Is Not A Sinner And A Sinner Is Not A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by jumich1(m): 10:10am On Jun 28, 2020
It is said “if you want to hide anything from the general public, put it in a book”

If you want to rub mind(s) with great leaders and the anointing of Servants of a great God, take time to read their books*

*Christian EBook Library is where you can share and get all christian book FREE OF CHARGE

Wish to join the group? Chat me up on 0 7 0 3 4 9 3 4 7 2 6 to be added up
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Reference(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2020
Zane2point4:
We're humans and bound to sin.
I love and believe in God but still sins atimes, does that make me not love him?

He who haven't sinned let him cast forth the first stone.

David and solomon sinned still the former is the man after God's heart..

Christains of nowadays are extremist.

The reason why you sin and remain alive and are able to reconect with God is because you have a powerful and brilliant attorney named Jesus Christ. Before Him you know the punishment for sin. Just look at the Old Testament. Look at what happened to David and Solomon. Read about the consequences of their sin. You will certainly not be able to serve such punishments from God today despite the fact that these men were far closer to God than most of us today.

Read about the process and the price for atonement for sin in times past. Very few will be able to process that today. When we sin nowadays we just ring up our attorney and He goes to plead for us at no cost because He has subsidised it completely with His blood.

BUT, BUT as He continues to appear before God with your case file time and time again His credibility on your behalf begins to wear. Romans 6: 1- 2 makes it clear that to have your attorney come before the Chief Judge is like hanging Jesus again on the cross if we are not ready to be 'dead to sin', verses 3 to 10 makes us understand that by continuing in sin we are giving power to death, verses 11 to 16 then makes it clear we have a responsibility to live for Christ and not become a 'slave' to sin which will lead to death 'of your spirit'.

So to continue sinning you will be sacking your attorney and after a long while your day with death will come when you have exhausted all the grace God has made available. His grace is to give you a chance at living righteously, not a ticket to keep sinning. You have to decide sooner than later to drop sin and today can be the day your rope runs out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by NigeriaEngineer(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:
Can a man be a sinner and still fears, love and believe God?

Yes he fornicates, he lies but he fears God.. He believes there is a God that lives in heaven, he believes that there is judgement. He hopes to repent one day.

For example; a man that start stealing because he is poor and has family to feed.. He has tried many things but not working for him and he result to stealing.. In his mind, he loves God but situation won't make him stop stealing... He fears the repercussions of sin but he can't stop but he hopes to stop it one day and be forgiven..

He is not happy seeing himself steal and disobeying God command but he has no alternative bcox he has to feed his family... Lets just say he is sinner of circumstances (if he had money, he wud nt have stole to eat. )

Question is: Can a man love God , fear God, believes in God but still sin?

If anyone can answer this too;

Question 2; Can a man life be precious to God more than the ministry?

E.g: God told Mr Ifeanyi that the ministerial work that he has been appointed for have been given to Mr kunle because Mr Ifeanyi life is more precious to Him (God) than the Ministry.

Can a man life be precious than the ministry??
John 14:15- if you love me, you will keep my commandment.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by WaleRock: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2020
John 14:15-31 (KJV)

If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 10:22am On Jun 28, 2020
Hahaha I am not disputing the fact that people sin but I am telling u from the bible and the grace of God that it's very possible to live above sin and that is y Christ came. If Christ can't deliver or cleanse us from sin,then there is no reason for him to come.
Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.
That was y when God saw the inconsistency in Abraham, he told him walk before me n be that perfect. If you don't believe in it and pray for it,u wouldn't received it. That is d kind of life God wants us to live. Life beyond and above sin. Christianity is a life not a religion. It means living like Christ here on earth and that's y Christ prayed for his disciples. Shalom
COdeGenesis:

Chai I am done. Trespasses means sin.Stop turning the bible upside down. There is nothing talking about Father and son relationship. It is about us accepting that we are sinners and confessing our sins to God so we can be forgiven. I repeat no one is above sin. Do you know what it means to go a day without sinning or a year with all the temptations. No one is without sin. Stop quoting plenty bible passages to justify what is not. Aby you no dey connit sin??
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 10:23am On Jun 28, 2020
My dear,when you are talking about sin,try to distinguish it from mistakes which as humans we can make but as a Christian in this dispensation of grace, it's very possible to live above sin n that is d reason Christ came. I hope this help:
1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
Daniel, Joseph, Enoch and our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ lived a sinless life. It's very possible to be perfect. If you hunger for it, you can b a god in this world. Don't follow the general mindself of people that say ' we are fish and we can do without water, we are monkeys, we can do without trees and bananas'.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it. Shalom
COdeGenesis:

Chai I am done. Trespasses means sin.Stop turning the bible upside down. There is nothing talking about Father and son relationship. It is about us accepting that we are sinners and confessing our sins to God so we can be forgiven. I repeat no one is above sin. Do you know what it means to go a day without sinning or a year with all the temptations. No one is without sin. Stop quoting plenty bible passages to justify what is not. Aby you no dey connit sin??
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2020
I mentioed doesn't mean there r not billion of people who have lived and is living that God kind of life. With and by the grace of God, you can do it. Yours is to submit to God and watch him do the rest. Read about Zachariah and Elizabeth, they were blameless before God. The doctrine of perfection is not man but God just like marriage and there is nothing that is hard from him to do. If u don't believe it,you can get it. 99.9% wouldn't get u to heaven. What God wants from us his perfection (100%)
COdeGenesis:

You said Daniel, Enoch, Joseph n Jesus Christ lived a sinless life. This is just 4 people out of billions of people. It is very very hard to live a life without sin. To live a perfect life is very very difficult. That is why Jesus Christ came to make everything seamless for us with God
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by pstar234(m): 10:29am On Jun 28, 2020
Pls can someone sin and still receive God blesing
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Kceeboss(m): 10:33am On Jun 28, 2020
The Truth is there is no justification to live in sin.You can't claim to love and believe in God and you still living a life of a sinner..
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 28, 2020
DenreleDave:
Can a man be a sinner and still fears, love and believe God?

Yes he fornicates, he lies but he fears God.. He believes there is a God that lives in heaven, he believes that there is judgement. He hopes to repent one day.

For example; a man that start stealing because he is poor and has family to feed.. He has tried many things but not working for him and he result to stealing.. In his mind, he loves God but situation won't make him stop stealing... He fears the repercussions of sin but he can't stop but he hopes to stop it one day and be forgiven..

He is not happy seeing himself steal and disobeying God command but he has no alternative bcox he has to feed his family... Lets just say he is sinner of circumstances (if he had money, he wud nt have stole to eat. )

Question is: Can a man love God , fear God, believes in God but still sin?

If anyone can answer this too;

Question 2; Can a man life be precious to God more than the ministry?

E.g: God told Mr Ifeanyi that the ministerial work that he has been appointed for have been given to Mr kunle because Mr Ifeanyi life is more precious to Him (God) than the Ministry.

Can a man life be precious than the ministry??
Many category of ppl believe there is God in heaven,like the Sikh, the JWs, MOMORN and all other manner of believes about God. make your question more specific and precise.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by COdeGenesis: 10:41am On Jun 28, 2020
1 billion people ke? Lolz. You just being dogmatic. You are not pragmatic. Then that means almost anyone would enter heaven and what Jesus said about entering heaven being hard as a camel entering the eye of a needle a lie. EvenWhen God wanted to destroy Sodom n Gomorah, in the whole city only one perso was a righteous man. A perfect man is different from a righeous man. That is another thing. There is no one that doesnt commit sin, even you typing this message I am sure u would commit sin today. I am tired of this to n fro arguments with u
HeavenlyHolines:
I mentioed doesn't mean there r not billion of people who have lived and is living that God kind of life. With and by the grace of God, you can do it. Yours is to submit to God and watch him do the rest. Read about Zachariah and Elizabeth, they were blameless before God. The doctrine of perfection is not man but God just like marriage and there is nothing that is hard from him to do. If u don't believe it,you can get it. 99.9% wouldn't get u to heaven. What God wants from us his perfection (100%)
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 10:49am On Jun 28, 2020
Hahaha. One billion people from d day of creation till now. Read about heaven in revelation, u will find countless number of people in heaven. Please believe it,it possible.1 Peter 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
COdeGenesis:
1 billion people ke? Lolz. You just being dogmatic. You are not pragmatic. Then that means almost anyone would enter heaven and what Jesus said about entering heaven being hard as a camel entering the eye of a needle a lie. EvenWhen God wanted to destroy Sodom n Gomorah, in the whole city only one perso was a righteous man. A perfect man is different from a righeous man. That is another thing. There is no one that doesnt commit sin, even you typing this message I am sure u would commit sin today. I am tired of this to n fro arguments with u
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by COdeGenesis: 10:54am On Jun 28, 2020
It doesnt mean that because they are in heaven they lived a perfect n sinless life. Dont get me wrong. The armed robber with Xhrist on the cross is in heaven, does it mean he lived a perfect life? It is hard to live a perfect life without sin, that is my point. We sin everyday but we could always ask for forgiveness. Stop quoting unneccsary scriptures , it is unnecessary in this context. No one can he has lived a perfect live in this our era

HeavenlyHolines:
Hahaha. One billion people from d day of creation till now. Read about heaven in revelation, u will find countless number of people in heaven. Please believe it,it possible.1 Peter 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Perfectbeing(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2020
Let ye that steal, steal no more...
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2020
Haaaaa don't say it in Church ooo. You will give people licence to sin and u will discourage them from knowing and believing the power of the cross and the blood of Christ. Read about Christian perfection by John Wesley, read watchman nee books, listen to Mike Arokpo messages,u will understand life in the spirit
COdeGenesis:
It doesnt mean that because they are in heaven they lived a perfect n sinless life. Dont get me wrong. The armed robber with Xhrist on the cross is in heaven, does it mean he lived a perfect life? It is hard to live a perfect life without sin, that is my point. We sin everyday but we could always ask for forgiveness. Stop quoting unneccsary scriptures , it is unnecessary in this context. No one can he has lived a perfect live in this our era

Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Angeltjazz2017(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2020
We are all sinners
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Dumfrank(m): 11:32am On Jun 28, 2020
"Love" and "Fear", You do not fear whom you love. What people actually have/feel is Fear and the consequences of their action... Expatiate.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by stabilizer: 11:36am On Jun 28, 2020
Righteousness89:
Your 2 questions are the same..

There are people that naturally fear God!
Just like There are people that are naturally kind hearted, giving, religious, self-Righteous and all that..

That is good . Infact they attract Blessings here on Earth, but that does not guarantee anyone Eternal Life in Heaven....

Any Righteousness that does not come through JESUS CHRIST is self righteousness

JESUS Christ is The Righteousness of GOD..

Until you Conciously Accept JESUS CHRIST, your goods deeds and all that ends here on Earth. It does not guarantee you Eternal Life in Heaven..

Really?
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by OBTOREPA(m): 11:45am On Jun 28, 2020
For question.2,
Who call him into the ministry in the first place?
Did he have confirmation before he started the ministry?
God is not an author of confusion about. Let him examine those revelation well. The bible said " He knows the end from the beginning and from the ancient time things that are not yet done saying my counsel shall stand and i will do all my pressure.
So if God called him from the beginning into the ministry, he will not tell him now to run 4 his life. That's my opinion
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by JourneytoEL(f): 12:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
southpole:
you stated that " If you love God, you will denounce money, your parents and everyone around you, just to worship him" with all due respect I think you are wrong, the Bible did not ask us to denounce money it only talked against the love for money over the love for God and same Bible did not asked us to denounce our parents and everyone around us. in the ten commandment God instructed us to honour our mothers and fathers not to denounce them, the only thing is that don't love your parents more than how you love God, if your parents wishes, desires and what they teach you is contrary to God's teaching you must follow God. Again the Bible did not teach us to denounce everyone around us. Jesus instructed us to love our neighbours as ourselves, in another place he said love your enemies and pray for those who hate you.
what I meant was loving money or parents more than God, matt 10:37, "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Eberex(m): 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
We all are sinners to start with.

We all sin everyday whether we like it or not.

We believe in God but most do not fear Him.

Fearing Him means avoiding sins (consciously). So from your example, stealing as the only means to save his family is a sin and if he love God he will not. He would rather find other means (there are definitely other options out there) because God would surely provide him something if he keeps the faith.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by TPound(m): 12:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
karo93:

Lol. Boss.... Na just opinions i get o

The bible is explicit; if you love me keep my commandments.

A person that continues to deliberately go against the wishes of God cannot claim to Love and fear God.

Love is sacrificial. Love should move a person to make sacrifices for others. The sacrificial proof of the love of God is to keep his commandments.

But a person can believe God, trust God and even make many sacrifices for God; evangelism, church, kingdom financing and still not be willing to give up certain things for God.

Thats irresponsibility but it doesnt change the fact that the person believes in God.

Jonah balak solomon were people who knew God very personally but still chose to disobey God because they just couldnt give up certain aspects of their lives for God.

Can we say,then, that a believer who loves and fears God can also be at the disposal of purposely disobeying God?
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by karo93: 12:20pm On Jun 28, 2020
TPound:

Can we say,then, that a believer who loves and fears God can also be at the disposal of purposely disobeying God?

No. The bible was clear. Love is to keep his commandments and his commandments are not too grievous for us.

Which means you can believe God, trust God, work for God.....but if you cant give up "everything and anything" just to keep his commandments then the bible rules that you dont love him.

Loving God is about what you are willing to do for him.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2020
There is a difference between love and belief. "How can you say you love me and do not keep my commandment."
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by APOSTLECHUMA: 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
TO BELIEVE IN GOD ALONE IS NOT ENOUGH BECAUSE DEVIL ALSO BELIEVES IN GOD AND EVEN TREMBLE AT THE MENTION OF HIS NAME WHILE MANY WHO CLAIM TO LOVE AND FEAR HIM HURT HIM DAILY BY THE SINFUL WAYS THEY LIVE.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by chuksjuve(m): 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
You can't be a sinner and Love God!

It's practically impossible, by the virtue of your status as a sinner, you are incapable of loving God, infact everything about your person at that time screams Hatred and Loathe for God and everything about HIM.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by kaycee125: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
Yes o I be bad guy but I love and fear God.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by Gracejeri(f): 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2020
Light and darkness has nothing in common.
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by nemeomire: 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2020
Nothing can separate us from the love of God
Re: Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God?? by southpole: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
JourneytoEL:
what I meant was loving money or parents more than God, matt 10:37, "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
ok, that is true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Thread For Those Who Want To Draw Close To God. / The Only Antidote For Sin / 30 Characters Of A Mature Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.