Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Arjen Robben Comes Out Of Retirement, Signs Deal With Boyhood Club. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arjen Robben Comes Out Of Retirement, Signs Deal With Boyhood Club. (435 Views)

Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell / Arjen Robben Retires From Active Football. / Franck Ribery And Arjen Robben In Tears At Final Game In Bayern Munich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arjen Robben Comes Out Of Retirement, Signs Deal With Boyhood Club. by Snails: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2020
Former Netherlands international Arjen Robben has announced that he has come out of retirement to play for Eredivisie side FC Groningen.

Robben started his senior professional career with Groningen in 2000 where he spent two years with the first-team before moving to PSV Eindhoven.

After Robben announced he would leave after a decade of success at Bayern Munich, Groningen supporters started a campaign in 2018 to bring him back to the club which included a turnip truck which carried his name.

"The club can use all help in this difficult time," he told the club's website. "I have thought a lot lately about what I can do to help the club.

"I have spoken to multiple people in the club and the fans organised 'Arjen, follow your heart'. It started to get to me and now it is my mission.

"I am working on my comeback. If it will succeed, I don't know. But won't be about my motivation. It is my dream to play in the jersey of FC Groningen again"

Robben also enjoyed stints at Chelsea and Real Madrid, featured in the 2010 World Cup final and made a total of 110 Champions League appearances.

During his career, Robben won eight German Bundesliga titles, five German cups, two Premier League trophies, one FA Cup, one La Liga title, two Dutch cups and one Eredivisie title on top of the Champions League and Club World Cup in 2013.

Groningen were in ninth position in the table before the 2019-20 campaign was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic in April.

https://africa.espn.com/football/soccer-transfers/story/4122740/arjen-robben-comes-out-of-retirement-signs-deal-with-fc-groningen?device=featurephone
Re: Arjen Robben Comes Out Of Retirement, Signs Deal With Boyhood Club. by Lordjiggs09(m): 9:42am On Jun 28, 2020
Papa lolo is back.
Re: Arjen Robben Comes Out Of Retirement, Signs Deal With Boyhood Club. by paulolee(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2020
that's good...same way our naija players should try signing for thier boyhood club here in the hood from wr they started from...life isnt jus all abt moni

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool Disappointed As Points Record Dreams Disappear / Become A 1xbet Agent / Neymar Congratulates Wrong Team After UCL Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.