Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell (14522 Views)

Kano Pillars Is Ranked Above Lionel Messi's Inter Miami In World Rankings. / Argentina coach, Sampaoli Reveals What Messi Will Do Against Super Eagles / Lionel Messi Wants Return To His Boyhood Club β€œnewell’s Old Boys” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by AImiron: 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2023
FC Barcelona icon Lionel Messi has decided to leave Inter Miami in 2025 according to El Nacional.
The Argentine has already chosen his next destination and the club where he will retire after completing arguably the greatest football career of all time.

The 36-year-old threw a curveball at Culers this summer when opting not to return to his former employers of more than 20 years in Barca.

Messi was nearing free agency with Paris Saint-Germain at the time. Rather than wait for the Catalans to get their financial house in order, however, the number 10 ventured over the Atlantic to Inter Miami in the MLS where he has proven a roaring success.

He penned a two-season deal which pays him "between $50 and $60 million per year" as explained by Inter Miami co-owner Jorge Mas to El Pais. Elsewhere, though, there have been reports that Messi will make eyewatering sums in separate arrangements with AppleAAPL and Adidas.

Whether this is accurate or not, Messi is once again a free man in 2025.

And while his current country of residence the United States will host the World Cup with Mexico and Canada - which Argentina will go into as defending champions - a year later, their leader looks set to head south as opposed to continuing his career on American soil.

This is because Messi has already decided to join Newell's Old Boys in his hometown of Rosario according to El Nacional, in what would be the ultimate show of respect to their typically hardcore supporters.

Messi got a feel for the kind of adoration he would receive from them on a weekly basis when playing in a testimonial match for Maxi Rodriguez at their Estadio Marcelo Bielsa a few months ago.

With Messi landing the Albiceleste their third World Cup title at Qatar 2022, it is something that would be replicated at grounds around Argentina where he has now been accepted by the general public after emerging out of Diego Maradona's shadow.

Finally playing for Newell's as a professional would bookend Messi's journey perfectly after leaving their academy as a 13-year-old to take a successful trial at FC Barcelona.

Regardless of where he ends up next, though, it is still likely that Messi dons Blaugrana once more in his own tribute match when the renovation of their Camp Nou stadium is finished.

FORBES

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by TemplarLandry: 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good for the midget.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Westerhoffe(m): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2023
cool
Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Numerouno94(m): 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2023
How person go cope after Messi retire self. Omo, football go boring for me oo. How can I watch and tink football without Messi? I really do hope my luv for the game will not diminish after his retirement.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by bestplayermaver(m): 9:39pm On Oct 01, 2023
It doesn't matter time flies just like Pele, maradona,zidane,
Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldinho we all said the same thing but look at it now it's messi or Ronaldo the game continues but the players changes new stars are born younger generation are looking up to haaland,mbappe,de bruyne, Jude Bellingham, this older players will pass the touch to younger generation we just have live with it and appreciate what they have done for the sport

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Wealthoptulent(m): 6:05am On Oct 02, 2023
Kabọ́! Hope u toosh hood well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by fredoooooo: 6:07am On Oct 02, 2023
We go go support dem too .. no time to waste time ...THE BEST ...

8 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Curse777: 6:08am On Oct 02, 2023
He has nothing more to proveπŸ‘

Nothing more to conquer

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by wittywriter: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2023
Noted but let's continue to enjoy his skills and team play pending his time to depart.

GOAT !

Wittyness.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by hisexcellency34: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2023
I stopped watching LA Liga after Messi and Ronaldo left

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by southsouthking(m): 6:09am On Oct 02, 2023
He has paid his dues.
He came, he saw, and he conquered.

6 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by obembet(f): 6:09am On Oct 02, 2023
He don Rob them, Zero goal in last 8 matches.

He no dey see ref support like Barca own grin

Messi na fraud grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Zege7716: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2023
The man who completed football. The goatest of all GOATs.

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by marcusgessus: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2023
That's still a long time to go. Let us keep enjoying the presence of the GOAT in the US now. cool

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Malcool: 6:09am On Oct 02, 2023

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by ChiefOloye(m): 6:10am On Oct 02, 2023
The Press should stop talking about Messi or Ronaldo, their time has passed.
They should give more attention to younger talents.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by orohbirodeysmel: 6:10am On Oct 02, 2023
Okay, that's fine

Anywhere the GOAT goes we follow him...even if he goes to Lobi Stars of Makurdi...we follow him go

5 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Emu4life(m): 6:11am On Oct 02, 2023
obembet:
He don Rob them, Zero goal in last 8 matches.

He no dey see ref support like Barca own grin

Messi na fraud grin

I re-watched Morocco Vs Portugal yesterday, Portugal lost again grin

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Emu4life(m): 6:11am On Oct 02, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:
Okay, that's fine

Anywhere the GOAT goes we follow him...even if he goes to Lobi Stars of Makurdi...we follow him go
I swear down.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Emu4life(m): 6:12am On Oct 02, 2023
ChiefOloye:
The Press should stop talking about Messi or Ronaldo, their time has passed.
Concentrate on younger talents.
As for me, a part of me left football, yhe day Messi left Barcelona
Not until Messi grabs his 8th will we rest.

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by nairalee(m): 6:14am On Oct 02, 2023
As far as he's concerned he's already retired just having a tour of the world before officially hanging the boot

#GOAT

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Emu4life(m): 6:15am On Oct 02, 2023
hisexcellency34:
I stopped watching LA Liga after Messi and Ronaldo left

There was Laliga before Messi and Ronaldo, there will be Laliga after Messi and Ronaldo.

Laliga has been suffering these years cuz of the stewpid rules Javier Tebas is inventing to stifle Clubs. Hopefully, when he is voted out next, excitement will return.

10 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by ecolime(m): 6:15am On Oct 02, 2023
LM10

His contribution to the game can't be quantified.

I will miss him and the Senior 🐐 when they finally hang their boots

7 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Father4all: 6:16am On Oct 02, 2023
Dwalf

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by SMARTMOTORS(m): 6:18am On Oct 02, 2023
So playing boyhood club at the age of 40+ Don be something nonsense! If he like make him play his manhood club e no concern me

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by ChiefOloye(m): 6:19am On Oct 02, 2023
Emu4life:

Not until Messi grabs his 8th will we rest.
The day he won the World Cup was the day I completed my football stanchip, whatever he achieved now can't surpassed what he has achieved.

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by ernesco0816517(m): 6:24am On Oct 02, 2023
🐐 DOINGS

2 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by Abudu2000(m): 6:29am On Oct 02, 2023
Penaldo and pessi are both done.

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Will Leave Inter Miami In 2025, Return To Boyhood Club, Newell by seunlayi(m): 6:38am On Oct 02, 2023
Thank you all for your comments on this page. Kindly note that this is normal for a goat, goat don't stay in one place, they will keep roaming about

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"We Are Sorry For Yesterday's Loss" - Onome Ebi, Super Falcons Captain / Do You See Nigeria Winning The World Cup? / Bursaspor SK Signs Shehu Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.