Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,232 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! (741 Views)

Please I Need Help.. Am Going Crazy. / My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy / I once thought of doing something crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 28, 2020
A lot of people are afraid to live their lives to the fullest, do something out of the ordinary, have fun and do something crazy. They have set rules and imaginary boundaries for themselves and they follow these principles always and through out thier lifes, living a definite patterned life.

There is nothing wrong with living a principled and planned out straight life. Probably that may be your personality or just the way you were brought up from childhood. It is not wrong to have home training and feel the need to contain your life to it. However if you follow your definite patter all through, what memory would you have of your youth at your old age?

Being organised and living a life of such is good albeit too much of everything is also bad! Yes, too much of good is bad sometimes. A little bad is needed to create the fun sometimes and add a little of colour to things. Once in a while, do something crazy, create memories you would cherish later, in the end, that is the only thing we truly own in this world and that is the only thing that follows us to the grave, every other thing stays behind.

Go wild, try that bad move out, do something stupid every once in a while. Go on adventures, pump some adrenaline into your heart, spend that money till you are satisfied. Create time for yourself and use it like your are a toddler, grabbing anything and everything. Create problems and solve them, move out of your regular pattern, that girl that feels out of reach or out of your league, walk up to her and ask her out, be sure to remember her response, it will make you laugh someday.

We only get one chance to live and that chance is a short one if you ask me. Do not deny your life a chance to have fun, do something stupid and create funny memories. Then you grow old, see younger ones doing so, you feel angry, left out and used up. Only make sure you stay out of real trouble while having your fun. Don’t just pass through life, let life also pass through you. Your old self will thank your young self for it.

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2020/02/15/once-in-a-while-do-something-stupid/

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

5 Likes

Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by Professorcplus(m): 10:03am On Jun 28, 2020
You can tell that to Hushpuppi angry
Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by Holumhidey(m): 10:05am On Jun 28, 2020
Op this is very wonderful!

Na only once man dey live life, so you must enjoy am to the fullness

Dont get married,
Get a baby mama

Hustle hard

Flex your parents

Peace!

2 Likes

Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by Romangalactic(m): 10:08am On Jun 28, 2020
Me I don't like being around people who are too serious fa cos I must do something and you must laff. And if u don't laff, then your problem is even bigger than god

4 Likes

Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by LordKO(m): 10:16am On Jun 28, 2020
Stupid thing is for stupid people; a sane person won't take pride doing a stupid thing.

Plan, however, doesn't negate spontaneity. So, one can always create lasting memories by being spontaneous/living life on the periphery of conventionalism - this doesn't require stupidity to achieve.

In summary, one doesn't need to be bad to be adventurous/live life to the fullest. Maybe, you can now preach about mastering the art of bending the rule without breaking the law correctly.

8 Likes

Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by Unnerve: 10:32am On Jun 28, 2020
binarymachine:
A lot of people are afraid to live their lives to the fullest, do something out of the ordinary, have fun and do something crazy. They have set rules and imaginary boundaries for themselves and they follow these principles always and through out thier lifes, living a definite patterned life.

There is nothing wrong with living a principled and planned out straight life. Probably that may be your personality or just the way you were brought up from childhood. It is not wrong to have home training and feel the need to contain your life to it. However if you follow your definite patter all through, what memory would you have of your youth at your old age?

Being organised and living a life of such is good albeit too much of everything is also bad! Yes, too much of good is bad sometimes. A little bad is needed to create the fun sometimes and add a little of colour to things. Once in a while, do something crazy, create memories you would cherish later, in the end, that is the only thing we truly own in this world and that is the only thing that follows us to the grave, every other thing stays behind.

Go wild, try that bad move out, do something stupid every once in a while. Go on adventures, pump some adrenaline into your heart, spend that money till you are satisfied. Create time for yourself and use it like your are a toddler, grabbing anything and everything. Create problems and solve them, move out of your regular pattern, that girl that feels out of reach or out of your league, walk up to her and ask her out, be sure to remember her response, it will make you laugh someday.

We only get one chance to live and that chance is a short one if you ask me. Do not deny your life a chance to have fun, do something stupid and create funny memories. Then you grow old, see younger ones doing so, you feel angry, left out and used up. Only make sure you stay out of real trouble while having your fun. Don’t just pass through life, let life also pass through you. Your old self will thank your young self for it.

Choice of words matter.

You made a solid point, but using the word stupid will only make people assume a defensive posture by relating stupidity with idiocy or sycophancy.

I understand where you're coming from though, better words to use are spontaneous, uninhibited, spur-of-the-moment, etc

5 Likes

Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by faithfull18(f): 11:39am On Jun 28, 2020
Holumhidey:
Op this is very wonderful!

Na only once man dey live life, so you must enjoy am to the fullness

Dont get married,

Get a baby mama

Hustle hard

Flex your parents

Peace!
Hope you wouldn't mind your sisters been made babymamas .

Sometimes, I wonder if you guys don't apply such advice to yourself and families first before dishing it out to others.

1 Like

Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Thanks OP!
Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by bukatyne(f): 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
LordKO:
Stupid thing is for stupid people; a sane person won't take pride doing a stupid thing.

Plan, however, doesn't negate spontaneity. So, one can always create lasting memories by being spontaneous/living life on the periphery of conventionalism - this doesn't require stupidity to achieve.

In summary, one doesn't need to be bad to be adventurous/live life to the fullest. Maybe, you can now preach about mastering the art of bending the rule without breaking the law correctly.

Bending the rule without breaking the law

cheesy
Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by Holumhidey(m): 12:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
faithfull18:

Sometimes, I wonder if you guys don't apply such advice to yourself and families first before dishing it out to others.

Everyone with his/her life

You either take it or leave it
Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by merieam16(f): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
faithfull18:

No dey dont. Dat just who dey are
Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
@OP:

It is a lie of the devil to assume you have to do something bad/ immoral/ indecent/ stupid or wrong before you have a full/interesting life.
Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by FlutterDollar99(m): 3:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
Life is short but non the less don't do anything stupid.... Just be wise and have fun

Life is short
Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by selfdefence: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
I wouldn't really call it stupid per say, more like "Daring and Exciting". Do someone exciting like making all your transactions from your phone by dailing *737#. There's so much to you can achieve with that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! by Munzy14(m): 5:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Binarymachine I think your use of "stupidity" should av been substituted with "adventure"...A lot of fun and fulfillment are hidden in adventure.

I so like people who ones in a while go on adventure... It also helps one re-discover him/herself.

Crazy is another terminology as well.

Too serious people die on time... grin

(1) (Reply)

Is She The Most Spoilt Child In The World? / Mrs. Keku's Son (true Story) By Deji Yesufu / Seeking Fruit Of The Womb? - Hannah's Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.