Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,216 members, 7,815,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Is It A Sin For A Christian Man To Married A Muslim Woman? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For A Christian Man To Married A Muslim Woman? (252 Views)

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Smoke? / Is It A Sin For Married Couples To Use Condoms? / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For A Christian Man To Married A Muslim Woman? by IdotG(m): 1:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
A Marriage is the intimate union and equal partnership of a man and a woman. It comes to us from the hand of God, who created male and female in his image, so that they might become one body and might be fertile and multiply (See Genesis chapters 1 and 2). Though man and woman are equal as God’s children, they are created with important differences that allow them to give themselves and to receive the other as a gift.
According to the definition it stated that it is the union of two flesh coming together as one.
I will like to share you two true life stories, first one is about my own family you might count it as just a writeup but it real not a fiction.
In this two stories it will determine weather it a sin for a Christian man to married a Muslim woman or for a Muslim Man to married a Christian woman.
My dad comes from a Christian home while my mum comes from a Muslim home,not just a Muslim she was the first Muslim in her family to get married to a Christian even, she was the first in her family to convert to a Christian.
One day it comes into my mind and I determined to interrogate both my father and mother how come and how do day survived in their relationship till date since both of them are from different belief.
The day comes I walk up to my father while sitting beside my mum and I asked him the question that have been tormenting for over some months. I called on him dad and he replied my son and I proceed I knew my mum comes from a Muslim background and you are a Christian how manage do you got married to her? Both my mum and dad look at each other and they both laugh at me and my father replied my son you are the first person out of my children to asked such a question but I will explain everything to you and how it really happened.
He said not that it comes from my heart to get married to a Muslim woman but God know the best for every human kind. Cutting the story short he said your mum (I mean my mum ) do walked pass my work shop and I do have eyes on her but then I don't know she was a Muslim until I approach her.
She let me know that she was a Muslim but only God knows the best but hearing this I was so confused but I really like her then, anyway it took me a lots of time to get her confused and she accept my propose before we got married I went to her home town and let her people know but for they seen me day firstly disagreed but to God be the glory they accept and i married your mum both with her religion and she goes to mosque while I also went to church as well.
There was a day I went to mosque with her since we are serving same God it only the pronunciation of God name due to language that is different but things were not that ok for me because you knew Muslim mode of worshipping God was like and exercise (we both laugh) and when the Alfa make a calls it hardly for me to know what to do whether to bend or knee down.
But your mum really surprised me there was a day i came home so quickly from my place of work and I was been told your mum (my mum) went to church to pray hearing this I was so surprised.
From there she attended weekly programmed till she finally decided by her self to quilt going to mosque, my son I didn't force your mum to make such decision because I respect her and her religion but she make the choice herself. Could you believe your mum attended church program even more than me. But i make an agreement with her parent to let her celebrate Ileya with them and i found nothing bad at that since we Christian also celebrate Xmas.
My mum is from ado not ado Ekiti am talking of Ado situated at ogun state while my dad is from Ilaro.
Till date we still went to my mum home town for Ileya. First time I went with my mum i was so surprise with the way the people does things, It will be hardly for you to differentiate between the Muslim and the Christian.
There is small village at Ado namely Isalu that was the village my mum grew up at i noticed one thing when ever the Muslim were celebrating both the Christian and Muslim does it and same also when the Christian celebrate.The Imam of that village we sow seed of blessing or makes a contribution when any of the church in that village were doing anniversary or any important thing while the pastors also does same thing.
Seen this i was so surprise that if both the Christian and Muslim in Nigeria act this way Nigeria will be peaceful for life. Till now i and my younger and elder brother and sister cant do without going for the celebration even if my mum wishes not.
THAT WAS MY PICTURE ROCKING MYSELF IN JALAMIA AT MY MUM VILLAGE.
SECOND STORY:
In this story in will never mention a name because I will lobe to keep the identity of the victim.
There was a sister in the church I attended seriously she is a chorister even she is a choir master in my church. To cut the story short, she was approach by a Muslim brother according to what she said this brother was also loyal to his religion as well and both if them are well respected by the people living same area they lived at as well.
One day the Muslim brother approach the sister and tells her how he feels for her he let her know that he already make lot of findings about her and he knew the girls that she was a decent woman.
After letting her know of his feeling the sister replied brother am so sorry but I don't think it possible for me to go in relationship with you.
And he asked why? She proceed you knew am a Christian and my position at church and have makes up my mind that I will only get married to a Christian like me really I appreciate you for expressing your feeling to me but I hope you really understand my mode of rejection.
After she express her mind as well the brother cut in sister for me been a Muslim mean nothing and happy home is the best in life but she still stands on her words. After some month of disturb and he notice the Christian sister still letting him know that it impossible, he asked her what can I do then for you to accept me and she said to him can you convert from Muslim to Christian the brother disagreed but later he agreed because of the love she have for her.
To cut the story short he followed her to church programmed and he was know by the church members he even join the ushering department and due to his mode of devotions to church works and Envergelism he was made the head of the usher.
Brother was baptised and he was given a Christian name, after seven years of been in relationship sister agreed to married him, finally they got married seriously the wedding was so super even i can't explain all in written. But things turned around after three days after their wedding, brother Muslim wake up her wife that he wanted to have a talk with her and he said to her you knew I so much love you and she replied in positive tone (though he so much loved her that he does all thing for her and also care a lots for her) and he continue you knew I was a Muslim and a devoted one. He deep his hand into a bag and brought out quran, testibeu,kettle,(aage) mat and ijab and said to her this are for you as from now on since you are my wife you are converting to a Muslim.
She bursted into tears and ran to pastor house to explained the situation but pastor and elders at church replied her there is nothing we can do you have married and he his your husband and as it in the Bible man is the head of the home so you don't have any other choice than to accept and what God as join together let's no one put hands under.

Hmmmmmm I knew by now you already have an answer to my question. Let hear your opinion through your comment.

1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian Man To Married A Muslim Woman? by Missyajoke(f): 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
Don't know what to say ohh may be righteousness89 may have a point.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian Man To Married A Muslim Woman? by Kobojunkie: 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2020
It is not a sin@Op. After all even those supposedly married to Christian wives cannot save their spouses even if they tried.
Re: Is It A Sin For A Christian Man To Married A Muslim Woman? by shadeyinka(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
IdotG:

A Marriage is the intimate union and equal partnership of a man and a woman. It comes to us from the hand of God, who created male and female in his image, so that they might become one body and might be fertile and multiply (See Genesis chapters 1 and 2). Though man and woman are equal as God’s children, they are created with important differences that allow them to give themselves and to receive the other as a gift.

Unfortunately it's not as easy as you think
1. Christians believe in the exclusive means to heaven/paradise through Christ. In other words it is impossible to enter paradise without Christ (after His death and resurrection)
2. Christians serve Jehovah and Muslim serve Allah. Ask any true Muslim is Allah is Jehovah. No. Different Gods they serve
3. Muslims believe in Taqiya
In Islam, Taqiya or Taqiyya (Arabic: تقیة‎ taqiyyah, literally "prudence, fear"wink is a precautionary dissimulation or denial of religious belief and practice in the face of persecution.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiya

This means that a true Muslim is permitted to deceive people to advance the cause of Islam

With these three points above
1. Should a Christian woman forfeit the salvation of her children because of love?
2. Should a Christian woman marry someone who does not believe in Jehovah?
3. Is the Christian woman permitted to use an equivalent of the Muslim's Taqiya to advance her faith during the marriage?

(1) (Reply)

Blacks And Jews As Minority People Who Were Once Enslaved / *Take Note*. Stay Awake! Don't Be Decieved By Them! / Blasphemy: Shekau Faults Kano Death Sentencing, Says Kano Is The Land Of Infidel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.