Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,056 members, 7,863,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:16 AM

Nigerians Vote Political Party And Not The Contestants And Is A Major Problem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Vote Political Party And Not The Contestants And Is A Major Problem (172 Views)

2023 Presidential Candidates, Political Party And State Of Origin / 2023: My Policies Will Make Nigerians Vote APC Again – Buhari Boasts / Ango Abdullahi: Buhari’s Major Problem Is Incompetent And Selfish Lieutenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Vote Political Party And Not The Contestants And Is A Major Problem by dogmax(m): 1:38pm On Jun 28, 2020
I wish to know the reason why we Nigerians don't want to know the quality of a contestant but will decide to vote for a political party irrespective of who they present as a flag bearer. I think we the youth if need changes and a develop nation that we can boldly call ours in future then we need to have a rethink of how we make choices of our leaders because if we keep supporting a party instead of the contestants then we will remain underdeveloped.... This is my view
Re: Nigerians Vote Political Party And Not The Contestants And Is A Major Problem by Tranquillity360: 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2020
APC for 2023 president.

Tinubu for 2023 president.
Re: Nigerians Vote Political Party And Not The Contestants And Is A Major Problem by Nairalandmonika: 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
dogmax:
I wish to know the reason why we Nigerians don't want to know the quality of a contestant but will decide to vote for a political party irrespective of who they present as a flag bearer. I think we the youth if need changes and a develop nation that we can boldly call ours in future then we need to have a rethink of how we make choices of our leaders because if we keep supporting a party instead of the contestants then we will remain underdeveloped.... This is my view
It's funny how everyone knows this but at the end we still end up voting party instead of individuals. I think the problem is that majority of the voter's are not online or enlighten.

The north for example, most of them just voted for buhari because their elite n imam told them to. Same thing in the south.
Re: Nigerians Vote Political Party And Not The Contestants And Is A Major Problem by dogmax(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2020
Just like in Edo state I hardly hear people campaigning base on contestants qualities but you keep hearing PDP will win or APC will take over . Let's rethink please
Re: Nigerians Vote Political Party And Not The Contestants And Is A Major Problem by CrEaToRmalden(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Here in Akwa Ibom, a majority votes for the political party. I'm certain they care less about the profile of candidates, as long as he/she provides the most cups of rice. Most politicians are smart; they target a common group only interested in immediate materials rather than potentials in governance. Unfortunately, such an uninformed group are usually the majority. If you want to win, pump more money where there are less informed citizens and you will.
Do electorates care about candidate profiles? "No". It's a thing of political party which isn't new in the system.
On several occasions, I hear people say, "hmm, I don't like that man. Nevertheless, I'll vote for him because he reps my political party".
Re: Nigerians Vote Political Party And Not The Contestants And Is A Major Problem by dogmax(m): 2:48pm On Jun 28, 2020
Is becoming a great challenge if we don't learn how to handle this politicians during elections

(1) (Reply)

Akeredolu Charges Firefighters On Service / Re: Insecurity Persists As Military Launches Over 40 Operations In 5 Years / Flood: What Are The Causes? How To Tackle It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.