Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 PM

Marrying Within The Family - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying Within The Family (1594 Views)

Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying Within The Family by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

One eyed goat?? grin grin grin

Those agbara always require something next to impossible grin

In Nigerian culture movies, you'd hear something like "bring one pregnant cock, the tail of a tiger, one eagle egg..." cheesy

Do u even blame them? blame the people who scucomb to those nonsense and ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Within The Family by Mariangeles(f): 2:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
Munzy14:

cheesy

It depends on family o, especially the extended families.

In mine, everyone stays on their own.. Some cousins I never see since 10-15yrs now.

In mine, we're fairly closely knit.

I pray make person no go bleep him cousin one day o.. grin

That's y I always ask any lady I meet where she hails from first ... Onye ajuju anaghi e fu uzo.
Lwkmd grin

lol, that song, it seems u are well grounded in our root. I like that.
My dad made sure of that.
When we were kids, he just called us one day and declared NO MORE ENGLISH!
He told us then that if we had anything to say to him, it must be in Igbo.
I was like "omg" cry
Nwanne, come see sweat plus stammer any time we had something to report to him cry cry
Trust my dad, he had all the patience in the world even if it took us 365 days to finish, as long as it was in Igbo grin grin grin
Thankfully, it paid off. cool

1 Like

Re: Marrying Within The Family by Munzy14(m): 3:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Mariangeles:

In mine, we're fairly closely knit.

Lwkmd grin

My dad made sure of that.
When we were kids, he just called us one day and declared NO MORE ENGLISH!
He told us then that if we had anything to say to him, it must be in Igbo.
I was like "omg" cry
Nwanne, come see sweat plus stammer anytime we had something to report to him cry cry
Trust my dad, he had all the patience in the world even if it took us 365 days to finish, as long as it was in Igbo grin grin grin
Thankfully, it paid off. cool
Nice he did really paid off.

my dad did opposite, Say we are to speak English and if we are to collect anything from him, it is a must. Trust house of boys na : D street must prevail.

we devised a way.

Infact we stopped coming to him, we rather used his assistant which is mom... grin cheesy At a time we stopped asking anything from him Kpatakpata. It is good to have a working class mom o.. smh local man just weak.

It paid off in a way, because we learnt to hustle despite education...Parents actions and inactions some how paid off.

For me, my model is, my kids will know it all.. both native and lingua franca. Before mmadu ibe ha erie ha without change... grin

2 Likes

Re: Marrying Within The Family by Mariangeles(f): 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
Munzy14:

Nice he did really paid off.

my dad did opposite, Say we are to speak English and if we are to collect anything from him, it is a must. Trust house of boys na : D street must prevail.

we devised a way.

Infact we stopped coming to him, we rather used his assistant which is mom... grin cheesy At a time we stopped asking anything from him Kpatakpata. It is good to have a working class mom o.. smh local man just weak.

It paid off in a way, because we learnt to hustle despite education...Parents actions and inactions some how paid off.

For me, my model is, my kids will know it all.. both native and lingua franca. Before mmadu ibe ha erie ha without change... grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Marrying Within The Family by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Genetically, it's no no.
Even those into animal husbandry avoid it at all cost.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Within The Family by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
J111333:
It depends on what your traditions permit.
I am an Anambrarian and we don't marry even our 4th generation relatives, I think the restriction stops at 5th or so.
From the paternal side, you don't marry from your ùmùnna. It can stretch to 10th generation as long as it's your ùmùnna.

I'm not sure from the mothers side. I don't think it's like that. There is something they call ògò ngò kò.

I think people from both sides can intermarry.
E.g I married from your ùmùnna, your cousin can marry someone from my ùmùnna but not my immediate family.

1 Like

Re: Marrying Within The Family by Munzy14(m): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
Mariangeles:
grin
I know u will notice that last statement.. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Continuous Decline In Critical Thinking Among Nigerian University Students / No Sex Before Marriage ( I'm Taking A Break) / How Could My Brother Help Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.