Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

The Lost Ghost - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Lost Ghost (5144 Views)

The Lost Innocence (18+) / ~THE LOST LOVE~ Christian Literature / Ghost Of The Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lost Ghost by dawno2008(m): 5:40pm On Jul 17, 2020
Nice story,but I think John should not over react,cos this crazy a.s Stephen has some demonic powers with him.

John should work with all the spirit he can get on his side through the help of Stella.

You are doing great, but those guys that quote the full page just to say small,is killing the vibes.

Pls guys you can comment with frustrating others.

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by akindele91(m): 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
dawno2008:
Nice story,but I think John should not over react,cos this crazy a.s Stephen has some demonic powers with him.

John should work with all the spirit he can get on his side through the help of Stella.

You are doing great, but those guys that quote the full page just to say small,is killing the vibes.

Pls guys you can comment with frustrating others.

lol where is d fun in that.... How will you know what someone quoted without seeing the the full story the person quoted
Re: The Lost Ghost by oluspicy: 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2020
EPISODE 28

Stephen’s POV
When I finished receiving the call, I walked towards my room. I sat on the sofa looking around. I looked at some things in my room and noticed they were not as I left them. I stood up and started putting them back in place. I got to my drawer and saw it was not locked properly as I left it this morning. I checked the stuff I put there and found out they’ve been touched by someone.

“Who the hell tampered with my stuff?” I asked in anger.

Due to my anger, my body had started diffusing black flames and my fingernails had pointed sharp. I was so angry that if I should see the person right now, I would kill him/her whosoever it might be.

I closed the drawer and went to the door. I sniffed the handle of the door to perceive the smell. I noticed the person just left my room not long.

“That means he/she is still inside my building,g,” I thought to myself and opened the door.

Debbie’s POV.
When I peeped through the door and saw that he went into his room, I tiptoed and walked out of the visitor's toilet. When I got to the living room, I heard his footsteps and I quickly hid behind the curtain.

He walked around the living room looking at every angle. I was so surprised to see him In that state. He’s of no different from a beast. His fingers were pointed and his body was releasing thick black flames. His eyeballs were black. He looks just like a monster. This got me more scared.

“God please save me from Stephen. Go,d please protect me. Guide me until I leave his house. Don’t let me die here by his hand” I prayed to God silently.

He went back towards his room. And I found my way out of his house. I went into my car and drove out of his compound. Just like a 3minutes drive, I saw John’s car coming. I called him but he was not picking up. I blocked him with my car and he stepped on the break. I quickly got out of my car and went to his car. He also opened the door and came out looking at me.

“What you sent to me, was that true? Could that be real?” he asked looking at me.

"And if it’s real, Where are you going to in this state? I didn’t send that to you so that you can fight him. He’s not someone you can handle. This is not the next step. Let’s get out of here now. I know by now, he would be looking for the person that broke into his room which was me. Let’s just go back. We’ll talk better than” I said looking at him.

He hit the body of his car looking hurt and angry. I went into my car and drove off. While he also turned and followed behind me.

Stephen’s POV
After I searched everywhere and could not find anyone, I then started laughing at myself. “Hahahahahaaa!!!”

I laughed for so long.

“Do you think you can get away from me? I’ll get you soon” I said and headed to the CCTV screen. I backward it to when the person first got in.

To my surprise, it was Debbie. I watched how she got into my room and how she was checking all the stuff one after the other. When she took the black napkin and saw who was in the picture, I stopped watching and headed out of the room.

“How dare you mess with me?” I said looking angry.

I went to my room and opened my drawer. I brought out the dagger smiling to myself.

John’s POV
Debbie told me all that she saw in his room. I was so angry that I wish I had a gun and shoot him dead immediately but Debbie told me to calm down. Cassandra told us Stephen just called her and told her everything on how someone broke into her room.

“I will advise you to be careful. You’ll be his next target now because he knows you were the one” Sandra said looking at Debbie.

We were all shocked while Debbie was trembling in fear.

“What do we do? Let’s report him to the police.” Debbie said.

“You guys can't report Stephen to the police, it would just make everything worst for you guys. Stephen must be killed for his evil deeds to end. If you report him, he’ll find his way out of there because he had so many connections. You guys can’t understand what am saying. Stephen has to die! For him to die, the evil spirit must be cast out.” Cassandra said looking at us.

“What should I do? I can’t go home right now. My life is at stake” Debbie said looking scared.

“Can you stay with me at my place?” Cassandra asked her.

“Yes, I think that idea would be good. You have to stay with her for the main time.” I said agreeing to what she said.

“On thanks” Debbie replied.

“But I need to get something from my house first,” she said.

“What is it? Get whatever you want to get before it’s late” Sandra said looking at her.

I looked at Stella and nodded my head.

Cassandra’s POV
Just to keep her safe, I followed her to her house to get whatever she wants to get before leaving for my place. When we got to her building, she unlocked her door and went in while I followed behind her.

Debbie’s POV
Now, I know the reason the old woman gave me the black sachet.
I got into my building and went towards my room. While Sandra waited in the living room watching the entrance and the compound. When I got to my door, I opened it and went in. I found out someone had gotten into my room because my stuff was thrown to the floor and everywhere looked messed up.

“What happened here?” I asked looking around. I think Stephen just left my house when he couldn’t find me. I quickly took my box and pack a few clothes then take the black sachet I got from the old woman.

I met her by the roadside begging for food. I gave her money and some snacks I bought from a store. She thanked me and when I was about driving on, she stopped me by hitting my car. She gave me a sachet. I asked what it was for and she smiled telling me I would need it later. She said it’s for destroying evil spirits and ghosts no matter how strong they are. Then, I wondered what I will have to do with evil spirits or ghosts. I received it and dropped it in my bag thanking her.

Now I know what she meant by that. I took the powder and dropped it in my box with the hope of giving it to John when we get back together.

I closed my box and was dragging it along with me. When I got to the door and was about opening it, I heard some footsteps behind me. I stopped and swallowed hard shaking in fear. I turned back slowly to see if someone was behind me. When I looked behind me, I could not see anyone. I faced the front slowly and to my greatest shock, I saw Stephen standing before me. The shock almost made me faint at the sight of him. He smiled looking at me.

“Go away from me now!” I yelled at him.

I took the black sachet from my box. My body was trembling seriously and the sachet fell down from me. He smiled looking at me. I tried to scream but he grabbed my neck and squeezed it.

Sandra’s POV
I waited for long but could not see Debbie. Suddenly, I heard a loud voice from where she said to be her room. I quickly rushed towards there but was not able to find her room on time. Finally, I opened a door and what I saw shocked me. I found Debbie in her own pool of blood. Her face was destroyed with sharp finger marks. Her body was badly injured with sharp paw marks. Her blood streamed down like water. When I saw this, I couldn’t hold in the fear any longer so I fainted out of shock.

To be continued.
Re: The Lost Ghost by akindele91(m): 10:32pm On Jul 17, 2020
Not again
Re: The Lost Ghost by dawno2008(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ooops shocked
Pls can we get small dose for the night tongue

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by oluspicy: 4:30am On Jul 18, 2020
EPISODE 29

John’s POV
When Stella and I waited for Debbie and Sandra for so long, I took my phone and dialed Debbie’s number but she was not picking up. It rang for so long but no one picks it.

“What’s happening? Why Is she not picking up?” Stella asked looking at me.

“I don’t know. Let me get there now” I replied and took my car key from the couch heading out. She followed me and we both went to Debbie’s apartment.

When I got there, I saw the door opened. I got to the living room and found Sandra’s phone on the center table. The house was so quiet that I wondered what really happened. I walked slowly towards her room. When I got there, I was so shocked by what I saw. When Stella also got there and looked inside, she opened her mouth in shock.

“Debbie! Sandra! What really happened here?” she asked crying.

She rushed to both of them calling their names. I was just staring at them. I don’t know what next to do. It felt like a bad dream to me. Stella was weeping while calling their names.

“Stephen did it again?” I said in a low tone looking at both of them.

A few minutes later, the ambulance came to take them after I reported the incident. Debbie was badly injured with her body full of blood.

“Had I know, I won’t let her come for what she wants to take. I wonder what made her risked her life for it as this” I thought to myself regretting.

As they took them into the ambulance, Stella was still crying. I followed them to the hospital in the ambulance. Just as they were giving them First-aids, Cassandra opened her eyes and stood up.

“Debbie! Where’s Debbie?” that was her first statement.

“Calm down. She’s in a critical state right now.” One of the nurses said holding her.

When we got there, Debbie was taken into the operation room. While, Cassandra, Stella and I waited behind. I was so sad and was moving about looking worried.

Stella’s POV
It was bad and heartbroken to see Debbie in that state. I knew Stephen was the one behind it.

When the operation took so long, I got tired of waiting and headed there.

“I have to see her now. I want to know what’s really happening” I said looking at John.

“But you can’t. It would make you cry more” he said looking at me.

Sandra was staring at his mouth while looking at each side looking for me.

“I won’t. My mind is not at peace. Let me just go” I said and disappeared.

When I got to the operation room, I saw as the doctors were trying their best on her. I moved closer and looked at her face weeping. I bit my finger shaking my head at her sight.

The doctors were trying their best to save her life but it was all useless.

When the machine drops to 00, they all gave up. I started crying more.

“What happened to her? Is she dead? Why are you guys not doing anything?” I asked them even though they can’t hear my voice. I stood beside her crying seriously.

“Debbie you can’t die also. Please wake up. Am sorry for everything. You’re like this because of me. Please wake up Debbie!” I screamed her name.

I felt a light tap behind me and I looked back. To my surprise, I saw Debbie.

“It’s not your fault. It’s my fate to die today. I don’t regret anything because I know everything would be over soon. Stop weeping.” she said looking at me.

“No! You can’t see me because you’re not dead yet. You have to stay alive to see Stephen's doom. Don’t die now. Please do that for me as your best friend. Go back to the life you’re not supposed to be here with me please!!!” I said crying.

She nodded her head and walked towards the bed her soul was lying. She slept on it and her spirit disappeared.

“Her heart is beating again,” a doctor said and they all continue the operation. I took a deep breath nodding my head positively.

“Yes. That’s how it should be. You have to go back” I said looking at her.

John’s POV
We waited almost 2hours and the operation was still going on. I wonder what’s really happening. After some minutes, the operation was over and the doctor came out. I quickly rushed to him.

“How was it? What will happen to her?” I asked him.

“Her condition is very critical. She’s between life and death. we tried our best but no other option than to fly her out of this country for better treatment. Her rate of survival is so thin. We have to do that quickly or we’ll lose her.” the doctor said looking at me.

“OK. That would be done soon. But please she must not die” I said looking at him.

Cassandra’s POV
My phone rang and I picked it. I saw Stephen’s number and I quickly picked it.

“Hello,” I said.

“Meet me at my place right now!” he said in a loud voice. He hung up the phone after she said that.

“I will be back. Stephen just called” I said looking at John.

He nodded his head in response and I left the hospital. When I got to his house, he opened the door and I walked in.

“Why did you…?” I’ve not finished the statement before he landed a thunderous slap on my face.

“Why are with Debbie today? I wanted to kill you back there but I thought of one thing. You’re an orphan! With that, I hesitated” he said looking at me. I went on my knees and started apologizing.

“Am so sorry. Debbie and I went to her house because I want to get something from her. Please believe me. I’ll never do anything that’ll hurt you” I said with my face down.

He moved closer to me while I already closed my eyes for him to do the worst. He patted my head gently.

”I know you can’t do anything to hurt me. I trust you ok. Please let my trust in you be there” he said looking at me.

I took a breath of relief when I heard that.

John’s POV
Stella came out and was standing beside me.

“Debbie is going to be OK right?” she asked.

“Yes. She’ll definitely be alright” I replied looking at her.

“Why does Stephen keep hurting people around me. This is too much for me to bear. What should we do?” she asked looking at me.

“That guy is so evil. I regretted ever being his blood. I can’t take this pain any longer” I said looking at Stella.

I left her side and went out of the hospital. She followed me behind wondering what am up to. Because I left my car at Debbie’s house, I took a taxi and headed to Stephen’s place. When I got there, I paid the taxi man and headed towards his building.

I pressed on the bell and the door was opened by Stephen. The look on his face was like, why-are-you-here?

“Hy Bro. Why are you here? I was so surprised to see you here for the first time” he said looking at me.

“Why did you do that to her?” I asked, looking at me.

“What are you talking about?” he asked acting innocent.

“Stop putting on a show. Why did you do that to the innocent Debbie?” I repeated looking at her.

“Why did you think it’s me? Do you have any evidence for that?” he asked smiling.

The smile makes me more irritated and angry. I could not hold in my anger any longer that I punched his face and that left a cut at the corner of his lips.

What's your take on this?

To be continued.
Re: The Lost Ghost by oluspicy: 4:33am On Jul 18, 2020
dawno2008:
Ooops shocked
Pls can we get small dose for the night tongue

Sorry bro. Was really tired. Had a hectic day.
Re: The Lost Ghost by akindele91(m): 6:02am On Jul 18, 2020
wow thanks for this... Our John has finally man up
Re: The Lost Ghost by Odoogu(m): 7:24am On Jul 18, 2020
well the confrontation will allow both ease off some steam. not sure if John had another plan other than punching! if Stephen can't handle physical, he gonna beast mode on him. good one op!

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by Lakesc: 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
I think john was irrational there. What if stephen choses to harm him seeing that he has no power of his own to confront his brother. Weldone op

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by dawno2008(m): 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
oluspicy:

Sorry bro. Was really tired. Had a hectic day.
It's ok bro, take your time, your health means more

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by Finnestgreat: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2020
Nice one,finally john don man up
Re: The Lost Ghost by oluspicy: 8:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
EPISODE 30
He looked at me and wiped the blood off from the corner of his lips with his finger.

“You’re sure a funny type. How can you come to my house and pick up a fight with me for no reason?” he asked looking at me.

“You’re a beast! You don’t worth living on earth. All your evil deeds will be revealed soon. I’ll make sure of that.”

I said looking at him.

“Really? Wow, you’re so amusing.” he said looking at me.

He moved closer to my ear smiling.

“Go ahead and do that. Let’s see what you’ve got. When you have the evidence, come back to me” he said.

I tighten my fist getting more angry. He looked at me smiling.

“You this monster! I’ll make sure I be the one to rip out your black evil heart. I’ll get revenge for what you and your witch mother did to my mom.” I said looking at him.

I got out of his house and headed home still angry.

Debbie’s parent were informed about their daughter’s condition. After they took Debbie out of the country, the police began investigation the incident. Evidence was not found because am sure Stephen would have taken care of it. They continue the investigation on the case but the culprit was not found.

Sandra’s POV
I was sitting opposite to Stephen in the office. He brought out a black sachet from his drawer and showed it to me.

“This dropped from Debbie. She tried to use this on me when I was with her. This is for destroying evil spirits and ghosts. I wonder where she got it from.” he said looking at it.

“Really? You mean this can destroy evil spirits?” I asked in surprise.

"I now know why Debbie was so desperate to get this from her house. She planned to use it on Stephen?” I thought to myself staring at it.

“But so bad this can’t work on me like that. Am so powerful than this. It can work only if one thing is added to it” he said looking at me.

I wonder what that could be but I don’t want to ask him too much of questions not to looks suspicious.

“That only one thing that could be added to this to make it work one I is… I can’t tell you about that. It’s a secret within me.” he said looking at me.

He never tells me about it and I didn’t ask him.

John’s POV
After I closed from work, I went home. When I got home and entered my room, I saw Stella moving about. I was so scared when I first saw her. I thought it was an evil ghost.

”What are you doing here?” I asked her.

“I just got In. I feel like seeing your room when you were absent. I didn’t know you’ll come back early” she replied looking at me.

I moved to the shelf where she was standing and quickly picked the wrist chain up. I forgot to put it back into the drawer this morning. She looked at me smiling.

“Don’t worry I saw it already,” she said smiling.

“Really?” I asked and then closed the box and dropped it in my drawer closing it back.

She turned to me making a serious face.

“But. That looks familiar,” she said.

“Have we met before?” she asked staring at me.

I was so confused about the answer I suppose to say to the question.

“Do you remember anything?” I asked her.

“I have a feeling as we’ve met before,” she said looking confused.

“I don’t think so,” I said and took off my suit. I moved out while she followed me. When I got to the living room, I heard someone pressing on the bell and I went to check who’s at the door.

Cassandra’s POV
After we closed from work, I visited John and Stella. I think it’s time to let them know Stella is not dead yet but in a coma.

When I got to John’s house, I explained all that Stephen told me.

“So you mean only one thing could be added to the black powder to make it work? But what is it?” he asked looking at me.

“Yes. But I have no idea what it could be” I said.

“We’ll find that out. We must find it out” he said looking at me.

“And I have something to tell you,” I said looking at John and looking beside him not knowing where Stella could be.

“What’s that?” he asked looking at me.

Can you guess what would be added to the black powder to destroy John?

Let's see funny answers.
Re: The Lost Ghost by akindele91(m): 9:46pm On Jul 18, 2020
I guess sand from a grave yard or salt

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by Odoogu(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2020
maybe blood

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by akindele91(m): 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
Odoogu:
maybe blood
lol

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by Odoogu(m): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
akindele91:
lol
na so I reason am oo grin

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by akindele91(m): 11:39pm On Jul 18, 2020
Odoogu:

na so I reason am oo grin
You may be right though

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by Finnestgreat: 12:26am On Jul 19, 2020
Odoogu:
maybe blood
if blood then whose blood
Re: The Lost Ghost by dawno2008(m): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2020
It could be water grin
Re: The Lost Ghost by Odoogu(m): 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Finnestgreat:
if blood then whose blood
his own blood..
Re: The Lost Ghost by akindele91(m): 12:42pm On Jul 19, 2020
Odoogu:

his own blood..
Yes very possible

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by Finnestgreat: 1:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Odoogu:
his own blood..
maybe
Re: The Lost Ghost by Lakesc: 1:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Sand maybe, i not a nollywood fan. Lol
Re: The Lost Ghost by oluspicy: 2:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
EPISODE 31
He looks so much interested in what I want to say to him.

“What’s that? Do still have any secret we don’t know about?” he asked looking at me.

“Yes, I do. And the secret is...”

I stopped seeing the reaction on his face.

“Continue,” he said looking at me.

“The truth is, Stella is not dead yet but In coma” I finally said.

His eyes went wild on hearing that. He has this confusing look on his face. He was silent for a while staring at me.

John’s POV
When she said that, my heart beats so hard and I found it hard to believe. Stella was also surprised to hear that. She was also staring at Cassandra but can’t ask her anything about it because she can’t see or hear her. So, she faced me directly.

“What’s the meaning of what she’s saying? Could that be true? Am I not dead? Then why am I invisible to humans? What does she really mean?” she asked me questions continuously but I could not find an answer to that because I was more confused.

“How? I mean have you seen her? Where’s she?” I asked looking at her.

“My Foster parents home. They took her on the day of the accident because luckily for her, their daughter who happened to be one of her fans found her and took her home that day. Since then, Stella had been in coma up till now am talking to you guys. She still has a chance to live, if the treatment makes a quick recovery on her.” she said staring at me.

“Really? I could still live as a human? Could this be real?” Stella said sounding unbelievable.

I looked at her and smiled.

“That’s good news. That means you still have hope of returning being a human one day” I said looking at her.

Cassandra took us to where Stella was. When we got to their house, I greeted the woman and a girl. I guess she was the one who saved Stella. Cassandra called the woman privately to talk to her. After a few minutes, they’re back in the living room.

“Am so happy about this. We have been taking care of this girl for the past three years. Even though my husband doesn’t know her parents, he continues putting all his effort into her recovery. I also support her treatment due to my daughter’s love for her. Since she was stabbed the day she was brought her, someone tried to kill her. Good thing she was found on time or else she would have died.” the woman said facing me.

I looked at Stella beside me and nodded my head to her saying it’s OK. She felt bad remembering the whole incident again.

I was taken to the room she was put in. I moved closer to bed and looked at her closely. Her face looks the same. It never changes. Stella also moved closer but was a bit far from where I was standing. The looks on her face tell that she’s hurt. She feels sad looking at her body.

“Let's go back,” I said to stop her from looking.

After John went to the room to check on her, I sat down on the couch with mom the living room.

Jenny’s POV
Stephen got into the room Stella was kept without anyone’s knowledge. He moved closer to her bed and removed a sharp knife from his coat. He raised it up to stab Stella but Cassandra stopped her. She got into a real fight with Stephen stopping him from using the object on her. Stephen turned into a scary beast and overpowered Cassandra. He used the object on Cassandra instead.

While Cassandra was battling with the spot she was stabbed, she still tried her best to stop Stephen. She brought out a black sachet from the pocket and opened it with her teeth. She blew it on Stephen but it doesn’t work on him. Rather it makes him more powerful. The black powder stained her hand already. It mixed with the blood on her hands. While Stephen tried to attack her again, she pushed him away with her bloody hand. Stephen staggered back and the spot Sandra touched started burning. She looked at her hand In surprise and approached him. When she got to him, she touched his body with both hands and Stephen started burning. She did it continuously hitting him angrily with her hand. Stephen became more powerless.

Finally, a black evil spirit came out of him and turns into arches before it disappeared into the thin air. After that, Cassandra fell to the ground and died while Stephen also fell to the ground and died also.

I opened my eyes sweating and breathing heavily. It was all a dream?

To be continued.

2 Likes

Re: The Lost Ghost by Odoogu(m): 2:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
the blood of Cassandra grin oshey op

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by dawno2008(m): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2020
Since it was all a dream, then maybe Stella's blood might be what's been missing

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by akindele91(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
wow finally we know d missing item but I don't think it work because it is Cassandra blood .... I guess anybody blood will work with the powder.... o.p please don't kill Cassandra character for us

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by oluspicy: 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2020
akindele91:
wow finally we know d missing item but I don't think it work because it is Cassandra blood .... I guess anybody blood will work with the powder.... o.p please don't kill Cassandra character for us

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by Lakesc: 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
Thank God na dream sef. weldone op

1 Like

Re: The Lost Ghost by oluspicy: 1:39am On Jul 20, 2020
EPISODE 32

Stella’s POV
“What do we do now? No one must hurt or die again” John said feeling bad.

“I also don’t know what to do," I replied looking at him.

“I remember a day Jenny told me about her grandma, I don't know if she can help on that. Should we give it a try?” I asked looking at him.

Cassandra's POV
I entered and looked around. I found no one in his office. I think he went somewhere. I know he’s at work because his office was not locked. I entered and went to his table. I remembered he brought out the black sachet from one of the drawers. I looked through the window to check if anyone is coming. When I saw no one was coming, I opened the drawer and started looking for the sachet. I searched everywhere In the drawer but was not able to find it. I closed them back and positioned everything the way they were kept. I stood up looking around.

“Where could he have kept it? Why can’t I find it?” I asked myself looking at every angle.

I looked at the waste bin by the door and my mind told me maybe he disposed of it there. I walked there and opened the cover. I fumble with the peppers and other stuff there. I haven’t searched for long before I found it. I picked it and stood to uphold it.

“Yes! I got it” I said smiling.

I placed back the trashes and covered the waste bin. I kept the sachet In my pocket and adjusted my dress properly.

As I was about to leave, the door opened and Stephen walks in. My heart almost jumps out at the sight of him. He was staring at me awkwardly and that made me more scared and restless.

“Good morning,” I said smiling with one mind.

“How was your night rest?” he replied and walked towards his desk.

He sat down on the chair looking at me.

“I called your line yesterday night but you were not picking. Why?” he said looking at me.

“Oh. I was at home. Maybe I was fast asleep then” I said in a firm voice.

“You were asleep?” he asked looking at me.

“Yes. Why did you call?” I asked.

“I just wanted to ask if you arrived home safely,” he said looking at me.

“Yes, Thanks,” I replied smiling.

Stephen’s POV
I think she’s keeping something from me. How can she lie about her whereabout yesterday?” I thought to myself staring at her. Well, I already implanted a bug in her favorite handbag. Anything that happens, I would be able to know soon.

“You can leave for now. I don’t have anything to say to you now. Maybe later in the day” I said looking at her.

“Alright sir,” she said and left my office.

Three days are gone. She didn’t go to that place where I've tracked her to. On the night of the fourth day, she headed there again. I also followed her. When she got there, she entered the building again. I parked my car to the side of the road. And connected the device. I inserted my Bluetooth earphone to my ear to listen to whatever they were saying.

Cassandra’s POV
When I got to Elle’s parents' home, I greeted everyone.

“Welcome, dear. How’s work?” dad asked smiling. I went to sit down on the couch beside mom.

“Your mom was here today. She came to check on Stella. She just left not too long.” mom said smiling.

“Really? I also called her this afternoon. I’ll give her a visit tomorrow.

Do you wonder how I met my mom?

Actually, dad tried her best to find my biological parents when I told them Stella was my blood sister. A few weeks ago, he was able to find my mom. He told me our mom traveled out of the country a year after the news said Stella died. It was a painful experience for her. She was left with no one because her father also died a few days after he heard about Stella’s death. Mom found it hard to live on but was forced to accept that as fate. When she came back from traveling, Doctor Josh was able to find her quickly because he told me my mom came for a check-up at his hospital.

He found out she was his old friend in high school. They exchanged greetings and were so excited they met again. So, the doctor asked her about her family. It was then she told her the story of how she lost me and how Stella died.

Mr. Josh said he was so surprised after she said all that. He also told her everything about how he found me and how he saved Stella. He said my mom was overjoyed that day. She wanted to compensate her with a lot of money but Mr. Josh rejected it saying its fate. He then brought my mom home that day.

She saw where Stella was kept for treatment. That was why daddy called me to come home that day saying he has good news for me.

When I got home, and he explained everything to me, my mom and I hugged each other crying. She cried so much that I consoled her. I told her nothing would happen to us again since we all met each other again. Even If Stella was still in a coma, I know she’ll wake up one day.

Back to the present...
“Oh, I really missed it. I’ll meet her tomorrow then” I said looking at dad.

“How’s Stella’s health?” I asked dad.

“She’s getting better than expected. I guaranty that she’ll wake up in less than a week or two,” he replied.

“Am so happy about how things change now. My mom is back and my sister will wake up soon. I hope nothing bad happens to any of us again. And everybody” I said looking at dad.

“Amen!” they chorused smiling.

Stephens POV
When I heard all the conversation, I found it so hard to believe that Stella was not dead.

"How? I mean I stabbed her back then. And the dagger was not ordinary. She was supposed to be as good as dead. What went wrong that day? She must not wake up or my mom will be in trouble. I have to stop every chance of that.” I thought to myself.

What's your take on this?
Re: The Lost Ghost by akindele91(m): 5:31am On Jul 20, 2020
Stephen days on earth are numbered

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? / Seven Powers ( A Supernatural Story ) / The Cult Pursuit, A Story Of A University Student In The Hands Of Cultist.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.