Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him (4138 Views)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Withdraws From Edo Governorship Race / 2023:PDP/APC Muslim, It Is A Total Disrespect For Christians-Pastor Sarah Moakwu / 4 Ways Joe Biden As United States President Will Affect Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:30am On Jun 29, 2020
I think this is one of the stupidest decision he has make, why did he choose a Muslim man as his running mate??..

Muslims in Edo state are the third biggest religion after Christianity and traditional religion, so there votes are pretty inconsequential.

This will start a trend of political parties start Fielding Christian/muslim ticket which is bad for Edo state.

The Muslim in Edo state are less than 10%, I don't see or know why he still choose him knowing obaseki can use it to campaign against him.

Very soon we'll start hearing Boko Haram in Edo state, ize iyamu what have you brought to Edo state?.

Although I want him to win or vote for him, I'm starting to reconsider

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by helinues: 5:31am On Jun 29, 2020
So it should have been Christian/Christian ticket?

The Muslim in Edo state are less than 10%

And where did you get that fact from?

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 29, 2020
Because they want Kaduna model: He dies, the Muslim takes over as governor, signaling the islamization of Edo. Before you know it, Edo will be like SW with 70% Muslims. Yorubas will down play this percentage but one way to find this out yourself is every 6 yorubas you meet, ask them their religion, 4 out of 6 are Muslims. Kogi is another example, even though Muslims are minority, but they rule Christians majority Igalas. How did that happen? Once a minority muslim gets into that power, it's permanent!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by NaMe4: 5:43am On Jun 29, 2020
Typical Nigerian youth's understanding of politics and approach to selecting electing/supporting leaders.

What if Iyamu was a Muslim?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 29, 2020
helinues:

yes it should be a Christian Christian ticket.

I'm an Edo person and you're yoruba, when I say muslim in Edo state are less than 10% believe me

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 29, 2020
NaMe4:
Typical Nigerian youth's understanding of politics and approach to selecting electing/supporting leaders.

if he was a Muslim, he won't have been contesting.

11 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 29, 2020
helinues:

bros i am from edo state and i can tell you that the op is right regarding the estimated statistics he wrote.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:45am On Jun 29, 2020
kovic20:
Because they want Kaduna model: He dies, the muslim takes over as governor, signaling the islamization of Edo
I think you're right. I don't want any Muslim as a deputy abeg.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 29, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I think this is one of the stupidest decision he has make, why did he choose a Muslim man as his running mate??..

Muslims in Edo state are the third biggest religion after Christianity and traditional religion, so there votes are pretty inconsequential.

This will start a trend of political parties start Fielding Christian/muslim ticket which is bad for Edo state.

The Muslim in Edo state are less than 10%, I don't see or know why he still choose him knowing obaseki can use it to campaign against him.

Very soon we'll start hearing Boko Haram in Edo state, ize iyamu what have you brought to Edo state?.

Although I want him to win or vote for him, I'm starting to reconsider
But you opened a thread on how apc will floor pdp in edo gubernatorial election.
Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 29, 2020
NaMe4:

He won't have the mindset of contesting.

8 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:49am On Jun 29, 2020
matex97:
But you opened a thread on how apc will floor pdp in edo gubernatorial election.
yes ize iyamu can beat obaseki in any election but the deputy is the problem, imagine PDP using Muslim and Boko Haram herdsmen against ize iyamu to campaign.

I for one is having doubt, this isn't time to play political correctness

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 29, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

I'm an Edo person and you're yoruba, when I say muslim in Edo state are less than 10% believe me
I am also from edo and i support your claim. Most muslims in edo are only seen in some parts of etsako.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:53am On Jun 29, 2020
matex97:
I am also from edo and i support your claim. Most muslims in edo are only seen in some parts of etsako.
exactly. All senators and representatives in Edo state are Christians.

I think 17 out of 18 LGA chairmen in Edo state are Christians.

If APC used the muslim as a vocal point of their campaign they'll loose

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 29, 2020
Mhen imagine having to be the first south south state to have a Muslim deputy governor, so embarrassing..

18 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Yobabad: 5:54am On Jun 29, 2020
Yoruba Muslims are dividing Nigeria along Religious line, hence MURIC have divided the Yorubas into two

10 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 29, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
yes ize iyamu can beat obaseki in any election but the deputy is the problem, imagine PDP using Muslim and Boko Haram herdsmen against ize iyamu to campaign.

It was when i saw the choice iyamu made for deputy governorship candidate that made me oppose your prediction of apc victory.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by etrange: 5:55am On Jun 29, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

I know you're trying to avoid a trend of combining religions as they do at the federal level and you fear that other parties might copy it and make it an integral part of Edo election but creating such threads and calling attention to the religion of the prospective deputy governor would only have a counter effect. If you ignore it, they might be no such thing as mandatory Christian/Muslim slots. This one would end up as an inconsequential eventuality. But if you keep flagging it like this, people would start debating on it and it could end up being institutionalized.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by yinkus6750(m): 5:55am On Jun 29, 2020
Is Obasekis deputy Shuaib a Christian?
Coming up with an inconsequential point.
It's in the spirit of fairness to accommodate other religion in governance.
I support his sense of reasoning.
And that's the problem we have, we attach sentiments to everything, religion, tribalism etc.
Is the chosen muslim competent for the post?
That should be the focus here.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 29, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
exactly. All senators and representatives in Edo state are Christians.

I think 17 out of 18 LGA chairmen in Edo state are Christians.

If APC used the muslim as a vocal point of their campaign they'll loose
You are totally correct bro. I presume that decision was taken by oshiomole.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 29, 2020
yinkus6750:
And that's the problem we have, we attach sentiments to everything, religion, tribalism etc.
Shaibu Philip is a catholic.

20 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by OKorowanta: 5:59am On Jun 29, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Guy the Muslims in Edo state are predominantly from Estako and are not those Boko Haram or northern kind of Muslims.
They are one of the most peaceful people in the world.
Me I be old Bendel from Warri so I know Edo Muslims character cos I stay dat area too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by helinues: 6:01am On Jun 29, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Are those Muslims not Edo indigene?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 29, 2020
yinkus6750:
Bro do you think muslim/christian ticket can work in kano, jigawa, katsina etc?.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 29, 2020
Yobabad:
Yoruba Muslims are dividing Nigeria along Religious line, hence MURIC have divided the Yorubas into two
What is the correlation between what is happening in edo state and yorubas? Please say another thing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 29, 2020
OKorowanta:

Guy the Muslims in Edo state are predominantly from Estako and are not those Boko Haram or northern kind of Muslims.
They are one of the most peaceful people in the world.
Me I be old Bendel from Warri so I know Edo Muslims character cos I stay dat area too.
you're right but if ize iyamu win now we'll start hearing how Edo state is a Muslim state from Igbos and other ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 29, 2020
helinues:

Are those Muslims not Edo indigene?
Yes they are and few are in the state house of assembly. However do you think a muslim/christian ticket will work in kano, katsina, kebbi, jigawa etc?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 6:10am On Jun 29, 2020
etrange:

I know you're trying to avoid a trend of combining religions as they do at the federal level and you fear that other parties might copy it and make it an integral part of Edo election but creating such threads and calling attention to the religion of the prospective deputy governor would only have a counter effect. If you ignore it, they might be no such thing as mandatory Christian/Muslim slots. This one would end up as an inconsequential eventuality. But if you keep flagging it like this, people would start debating on it and it could end up being institutionalized.
I don't think so, political parties will start Fielding base on religion in Edo state from now on.

This is the time where nigeria is divided along religious lines and ize iyamu is trying to play political correctness.

El rufai made a Muslim muslim ticket and was supported by the president even though Christians make huge part of kaduna population.

The executive, judiciary and national assembly are all headed by muslims.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by tamdun: 6:12am On Jun 29, 2020
See them, they criticised el rufai like mad when he chose a muslim as his running mates, una be hypocrites, religious tolerance my ass

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by helinues: 6:20am On Jun 29, 2020
matex97:
Yes they are and few are in the state house of assembly. However do you think a muslim/christian ticket will work in kano, katsina, kebbi, jigawa etc?

So other SS states that have been practicing Christian/Christian ticket, is there anything to show for it?

Ayade and his deputy are both Prof, any wonders happening in Cross River State?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 29, 2020
tamdun:
See them, they criticised el rufai like mad when he chose a muslim as his running mates, una be hypocrites, religious tolerance my ass
yet he still did it.

There are alot more Christians in kaduna than there are Muslims in Edo state

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Ize Iyamu Choose A Muslim? It Will Affect Him by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 29, 2020
I would have loved Muslim/Muslim ticket , since it's two party that are contesting in Edo state grin as other parties Na owambe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obi Cubana Pulling Weight, See What He Was Caught Doing At Nigeria Army Resource / The Yorubas Are Becoming Insecure And Frightened: Kola Odetola / Breaking: Tinubu Was Scheduled To Speak At France Summit But He Ran Away [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.