Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,913 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Is Ignorance Of Health Status Bliss - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Ignorance Of Health Status Bliss (171 Views)

Covid-19 Man Dies At Luth. Lies To Doctors About Real Health Status / The Value Of Health Insurance / Bad Condition Of Health Clinic In Ipokia LGA In Ogun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ignorance Of Health Status Bliss by Princelyod(m): 8:41am On Jun 29, 2020
I really wonder what motivate individuals to shy away from getting to atleast know their health status even when some of these health test are free.

Today I went to a hospital sponsored by the oil and gas multinationals. While waiting for my wife and baby to be done with my baby's vaccination, I was approached by a nurse. She offered me a free HIV, Happetitis B and C test. I got it done and was certified negative and ok. It was a great relief because I had always wanted to conduct the Happetitis test but for time and procrastination.

Few minutes later, I watched her approach other men waiting for their wives but was turned down.

So this brings me to my question. Do you consider it bliss not knowing your health status?
Re: Is Ignorance Of Health Status Bliss by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:28am On Jun 29, 2020
Nigerians are like that.
They refer to have their medical conditions undiagnosed, and then rush to the hospitals when their conditions have become irredeemable, blaming the poor healthcare system for their mistakes.
Others chose to die with theirs undiagnosed, and blame their village people for witchcraft.

Cultural and religious beliefs are among the factors responsible for the ugly trend.
Re: Is Ignorance Of Health Status Bliss by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Very common in this clime. I am even guilty of it. Sometimes last month, I was feeling quite dizzy. I took my normal natural elixir but the dizziness did not abate. I was forced to go a nearby clinic only to be diagnosed of low blood pressure 82/50 and shortage of blood.

We really need to go for regular check-ups and not only when we fall ill.
Re: Is Ignorance Of Health Status Bliss by KelvinCoaster(m): 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
To answer the question: It is not bliss!
Ignorance is a disease,not knowing your health status is tantamant to driving a car without doing routine morning checks!
Just expect anything!!

(1) (Reply)

Need Some Advice / How Coronavirus Affects The Entire Body / URIT Lipid Test Kit Now Available!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.