Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Can Someone Help Me Out With This Code? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can Someone Help Me Out With This Code? (573 Views)

Will This Code Work? / Someone Please Help Me With This Code / Help How Do I Backup Mysql Database With This Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Help Me Out With This Code? by deco2come: 9:29am On Jan 31, 2011
I want a page in my site to display in a particular day.

For example,

I want my "aboutus page" to display on 14th of Feburary and after about an hour it will refresh and the "homepage page" will take its position again.

I will appreciate if someone can tell me how I can achieve the result. Thank you.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With This Code? by yawatide(f): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2011
I would probably go for a back end language (PHP, JSP, etc) for this - check for the date, using the date function and based on the date, display the page.

(Baffling) question: Why would you want to do this? Just curious. It seems the about us page and the home page should be separate and on different pages.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With This Code? by deco2come: 11:21am On Jan 31, 2011
yawa-ti-de:

I would probably go for a back end language (PHP, JSP, etc) for this - check for the date, using the date function and based on the date, display the page.

(Baffling) question: Why would you want to do this? Just curious. It seems the about us page and the home page should be separate and on different pages.

Nice question. Actually I used "aboutus page" as an example. There is a page(let's call it about us page) that I want to display on the front page every 14th of each month. I want the page to take over the homepage for about an hour. Then after that hour, the homepage will appear again to take its position and the about us page will disappear(it will still remain on the root folder until the next 14th of each month)
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With This Code? by yawatide(f): 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2011
Okay so this sounds more like a page snippet that you will include on the page under the conditions of it being a certain date and within a certain time frame.

My solution above should suffice then.

good luck!
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With This Code? by mikuz(m): 6:43pm On Jan 31, 2011
I could have helped if you were under wapka domain.
Re: Can Someone Help Me Out With This Code? by 2864: 7:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
Get an account( NOT FREE ) with www.africahostings.com, We will do it for you !. Shalom

(1) (Reply)

Website Design / How To Paste Adsense On Webpage / Guy, Plz Suggest What You Dont Like About My Site?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.