Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Governor Wike Agreed To Support Amechi For Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Agreed To Support Amechi For Presidency (464 Views)

This Is Why WIKE Agreed With PDP Consensus Arrangement / Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation / Kanu Called Me, We Have Agreed To Work Together To Oust Buhari - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Governor Wike Agreed To Support Amechi For Presidency by dogmax(m): 1:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Gov Nyesom Wike of Rivers State who has always virulently opposed his former mentor, predecessor, kinsman and now minister of transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, says he can only support Amaechi if he should run for presidency in the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Wike said: “Let me say, on whether I will support former governor of Rivers state, Chibuike Amaechi if he decides to contest for presidency as you have asked. I am a party person, so if he is running on the platform of PDP for presidency why won’t I support him. I cannot do anti party at this level to support a non-PDP candidate,” he said.

Gov Wike said in a television interview that the South-South is heading to be in only one party after receiving Gov Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, saying it would be a good thing.

The governor made it clear he is not nursing the ambition of running for the office of the president of Nigeria. The governor said speculations linking him to presidential ambition were mere distractions.

“Right now, I am focusing on delivering the dividends of democracy to the people of Rivers state.

“Recall that in 2018 and 2019 when I was supporting my friend Aminu Waziri Tambulwal, it was speculated in the media that I was going to run with him. That was my first tenure and I have not even completed it and they wanted me to give that away.

“To clear every speculation, let me state that I am not going to run for the office of the president of Nigeria for now. I am concentrating in developing Rivers state. I am not a party to anybody saying that the problems in PDP were about 2023.

“That can be the problem in APC because it is the ruling party. This is the last tenure of Mr President so people are hustling to take over from him within his party. PDP has nothing to do with that because the way it is now, we are taking over from nothing

Re: Governor Wike Agreed To Support Amechi For Presidency by rummmy: 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
Nonsense!!!!!
Re: Governor Wike Agreed To Support Amechi For Presidency by IkwerrePikin: 1:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Of course he will support him. They are brothers from Ikwerre, and we Ikwerre people and Niger delta in general don't play politics of hate!

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Probe: ‘how 2023 Is Tearing APC Apart’ / Magu Negotiated Takeover Of Orji Uzor Kalu’s Sun Newspapers, Deo Gratias Int’l S / EDO 2020: Oshiomhole, Ize-iyamu Go Down On Their Kneels, Plead For Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.