Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN (1145 Views)

Can Someone Steal Your Money If They Have Access To Your BVN? / How To Validate Your BVN For The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan / Dangers Of Exposing Your Bank Details Online? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN by Vasgas: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hello my fellow Nairalanders,

Is there actually any danger in exposing one's BVN?

This my question is due to the current Npower and BVN issue.

Expert in financial institutions your views on this matter is needed.

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN by yuno01: 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
same question I do ask myself.. let those who have sound knowledge about this come and enlighten us.
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN by CyberEBOLA(m): 6:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
BVN and ACCOUNT NUMBER ARE NOT TOO DIFFERENT THEY ARE BOTH IDENTIFIERS.
Just like your matriculation number is used to identify you as a student, your bank account and BVN are used to identify you as a particular customer for the purpose of transactions.
BVN only went a little further by being used to identify all banks account linked to a particular person.

Therefore, anyone not calable of doing damages with Just account numbers, can do nothing with just BVN.

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN by Vasgas: 7:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
yuno01:
same question I do ask myself.. let those who have sound knowledge about this come and enlighten us.
Yes o, how can this get to the front page for wider perspective
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN by Vasgas: 7:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
BVN and ACCOUNT NUMBER ARE NOT TOO DIFFERENT THEY ARE BOTH IDENTIFIERS.
Just like your matriculation number is used to identify you as a student, your bank account and BVN are used to identify you as a particular customer for the purpose of transactions.
BVN only went a little further by being used to identify all banks account linked to a particular person.

Therefore, anyone not calable of doing damages with Just account numbers, can do nothing with just BVN.

okay,
thanks cyberEBola
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN by ItrendNaija(m): 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
No one that is not an insider can do damage with just your BVN alone

3 Likes

Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN by yuno01: 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
Vasgas:
Yes o, how can this get to the front page for wider perspective
lalastica
and other Admins will push it to the front page
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN by Vasgas: 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
yuno01:
l
lalastica
and other Admins will push it to the front page
okay
Re: Dangers Of Exposing Your BVN by blessedchild234(m): 9:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
What abut those that uses their bvn in some sites to purchase online are they not also vulnerable?

(1) (Reply)

MSME Survival Fund Registration: How To Apply As Portal Opens / Watch Video Advert And Get Paid / UBA Africacard: The Dollar Denomination.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.