Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Bode Akindele Dies At 88 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bode Akindele Dies At 88 (58882 Views)

Bode Agusto Is Dead / Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 / Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Btruth: 6:07am On Jun 30, 2020
RIP Baba. It is always good to be aged well before death. I love this kind of news, nothing someone dying at their prime age. Even 70 is just a beginning......... Lol

May the Lord grant us long life with good health in Jesus name.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by pat077: 7:53am On Jun 30, 2020
fairfora:
RIP sir. He was the founder of Standard Breweries Ltd at Alomaja Village in ibadan, the brewers of Club Beer..who remembers Club Lager Beer? smiley my uncle was one of the line managers before the company packed up. I worked in his standard packaging Ltd (a woven sacks and plastics division) briefly after my SSCE in this days while awaiting admission.

He also founded standard flower Mills, standard biscuits,Dr Pepper among others. I waited for his Aramed Centre built in memory of his mum to come on steam so I could work there, which could have been the largest and the best-equipped private hospital in Nigeria at that time ,located on entering ibadan after solelbonel quarry. Unfortunately he abandoned the project after the wards and building was completed for the reason best known to him. I hope his children would make it happen.
why is that most or all of his companies in ibadan are no more functioning? Is it that he is no more interested in manufacturing or what?
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by pat077: 8:08am On Jun 30, 2020
saajus:
I remember Bode Foam.
he is not the owner of bode foam. Chief bode amoo owns bode foam and he's still alive.

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 30, 2020
pat077:
why is that most or all of his companies in ibadan are no more functioning? Is it that he is no more interested in manufacturing or what?
Trust failed him. His people ran them down and he has closed it down for nearly 3 decades now. Only 2 of them are still functional. The standard packaging Nigeria limited manufacturing plastics and woven sacks for his standard flour mills in apapa lagos (still functional at full capacity). If you visit the standard breweries, you'd marvel at the cache of machines in that place...all now moribund. I learnt some foreign companies showed interest in buying it but he refused to sell. The company brewed club lager beer in those days.

2 Likes

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by saajus: 10:34am On Jun 30, 2020
You are right, Chief Bode Amao owns Bode Foam.. I mix them up sometimes.
pat077:
he is not the owner of bode foam. Chief bode amoo owns bode foam and he's still alive.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by saajus: 10:45am On Jun 30, 2020
That's the problem I have with our people. They can run your company down if you are not up and doing. Over the years, our values have gone down the drain.
fairfora:
Trust failed him. His people ran them down and he has closed it down for nearly 3 decades now. Only 2 of them are still functional. The standard packaging Nigeria limited manufacturing plastics and woven sacks for his standard flour mills in apapa lagos (still functional at full capacity). If you visit the standard breweries, you'd marvel at the cache of machines in that place...all now moribund. I learnt some foreign companies showed interest in buying it but he refused to sell. The company brewed club lager beer in those days.

1 Like

Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by millionboi(m): 6:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
AmazingRidwan:
Dear all,

I'm genuinely begging if anybody has an old laptop they are not using or slightly faulty laptop that you give out, please kindly give to me. I'm preparing for an exam that requires I use a laptop to practice. Please I beg you in the Name of God �
is better you check within ur vicinity for one
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by hedonistic: 6:41pm On Jun 30, 2020
oloripeter:
Bode Akindele is not a successful businessman; he owns my dad more than 3 million as entitlement not only him and also workers of Associated Matches Industies and the company had closed down more than 10 yrs ago.
If you want to know more about the man ask anybody that leave at Eleyele in Ibadan that is where the company is

Thumbs up.
Re: Bode Akindele Dies At 88 by pinkbarby: 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2020
Rip
May his soul rest in peace

you can come and inspect the Available lands for sale behind Tuyil's Proposed University Site @ Airport Road, Ilorin , Kwara State @ N150,000 per plot. Call 08179347590 , 09074970607
Size: 100ft by 50ft
Registered
Survey and layout plan
Available to inspect at your convenience
Neighborhood:
Tuyil's Proposed University
Al faoz College
Golden Estate
Peace Pharmaceutical Industry

https://tuploc..com/2020/07/available-lands-for-sale-for-n150000.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash / Woman Sells Own Pants, Makes N28 Million A Year (Photo) / Ekiti Begins Milk Production To Supply Cowbell's Factory In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.