Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Over Protective Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Over Protective Parents (1726 Views)

Why Are Fathers Protective Of Their Daughters (regardless Of Age) / Over Protective Father / My Case With Overly Protective Parents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 7:51am On Jun 30, 2020
How does one deal with overprotective parents? Without losing it;
Re: Over Protective Parents by thorpido(m): 7:56am On Jun 30, 2020
How old are you?How do you mean they are 'overprotective'?
Re: Over Protective Parents by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 30, 2020
I faced same especially from my mom,thanks to my funky aunt who came to address her and reminded her that I'm not such a kid anymore.Go and report them to any of your close relatives
Re: Over Protective Parents by Evacroft: 11:29am On Jun 30, 2020
Being an overprotective parent can be bad because the child might grow up with plenty insecurities and low self esteem. But the way nigeria is and based on the fact that our police and legal system doesn't work much, makes it more difficult to raise children. And all this rape,police brutality, kidnapping, poisoning,domestic violence, witchcraft, bad gangs etc, some parents just want their children by their sides everytime.
It can be dangerous been an overprotective parent, my take is teach them all survival skills and pray for them.

2 Likes

Re: Over Protective Parents by Ningen(m): 11:44am On Jun 30, 2020
Nothing you can do or say can change them.

Best way to handle it is to put distance.
Like schooling far away or living with relatives.
Or saving and moving out.

If these aren't available options, well endure.
Soon you'll get to live your life on your terms.

1 Like

Re: Over Protective Parents by merieam16(f): 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
Me lookin 4 protective nt to talk of over protective parents. Eni o lori ko ni fila

1 Like

Re: Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
Ningen:

tnx
Re: Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
Evacroft:
Being an overprotective parent can be bad because the child might grow up with plenty insecurities and low self esteem. But the way nigeria is and based on the fact that our police and legal system doesn't work much, makes it more difficult to raise children. And all this rape,police brutality, kidnapping, poisoning,domestic violence, witchcraft, bad gangs etc, some parents just want their children by their sides everytime.
It can be dangerous been an overprotective parent, my take is teach them all survival skills and pray for them.
thanks
Re: Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
Rozz:
I faced same especially from my mom,thanks to my funky aunt who came to address her and reminded her that I'm not such a kid anymore.Go and report them to any of your close relatives
they don't listen
Re: Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 5:06pm On Jun 30, 2020
Ningen:

they don't want me to school far,they , especially my dad doesn't like me living with relatives.
Re: Over Protective Parents by Hathor5(f): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2020
Aimerosa25:
How does one deal with overprotective parents? Without losing it;

Define overprotective. When are parents overprotective?

1 Like

Re: Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 6:56pm On Jun 30, 2020
Hathor5:

Define overprotective. When are parents overprotective?
u r not let to go out,not letto join social media,not let to live and spend some time with relatives, thats how I look at overprotective.
Re: Over Protective Parents by Munzy14(m): 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2020
Aimerosa25:
u r not let to go out,not letto join social media,not let to live and spend some time with relatives, thats how I look at overprotective.
You will have to break the barrier to prove a point if u are above 18, And win forever.

I get tired of seeing some exposed parents do that especially to their daughters who are above 18yrs. Person weh go spoil, go spoil.
Re: Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
Munzy14:

You will have to break the barrier to prove a point if u are above 18, And win forever.

I get tired of seeing some exposed parents do that especially to their daughters who are above 18yrs. Person weh go spoil, go spoil.
I'll be 18 soon,they know am mature, think mature,look mature,so they have no justifiable reason, besides they have been advised by friends and family to loosen up but they are not budging.
Re: Over Protective Parents by Munzy14(m): 9:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
Aimerosa25:
I'll be 18 soon,they know am mature, think mature,look mature,so they have no justifiable reason, besides they have been advised by friends and family to loosen up but they are not budging.
Well, they are being who they are.. slowly you will gain your ground.

It's always a process most people pass through..For me, I don't like it.. Being too tight as parents, affects the kids a lot... some might be set on that low self esteem path for years even after gaining freedom.

Strong individuals protest for their freedom a times. You will have to prove to them you are matured to earn the freedom at some point.

1 Like

Re: Over Protective Parents by engrtee(f): 4:01am On Jul 02, 2020
let them know u are a man,they will stop
Re: Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
engrtee:
let them know u are a man,they will stop
I am a lady not a man.
Re: Over Protective Parents by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 26, 2020
Aimerosa25:
Ouch! Eyaah, i can imagine. You might not be able to convince them ,but u can try oppening up to ur mum on how u feel. Just let them trust u enough that u won't "flirt with boys" I am sure that is their greatest FEAR. They know the times we are living in . They see it on S.media and all around so they are afraid of u becoming like others. But that can't stop u from getting spoilt if u will get spoilt. Lol don't they know about "repressed cravings" and this would only make u more curious and badder, lol. Send me your number by quoting this comment and let us ser if at all we can come up with a better idea of convincing your parents to set u free(to an extent tho) I don't want u to feel alone in your head and away from the society. Im in abuja, thats if u are too. Gd morning.
Re: Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 9:47am On Aug 26, 2020
KevUnique:
Ouch! Eyaah, i can imagine. You might not be able to convince them ,but u can try oppening up to ur mum on how u feel. Just let them trust u enough that u won't "flirt with boys" I am sure that is their greatest FEAR. They know the times we are living in . They see it on S.media and all around so they are afraid of u becoming like others. But that can't stop u from getting spoilt if u will get spoilt. Lol don't they know about "repressed cravings" and this would only make u more curious and badder, lol. Send me your number by quoting this comment and let us ser if at all we can come up with a better idea of convincing your parents to set u free(to an extent tho) I don't want u to feel alone in your head and away from the society. Im in abuja, thats if u are too. Gd morning.
Okay
Re: Over Protective Parents by Okobaba1(m): 10:38am On Aug 26, 2020
Does your child know how to code?

Are you really preparing them for future of work?

Do you know that the Top 5 Richest Companies in the World today are no longer oil companies or Construction companies?

Also, the top 5 Wealthiest persons are from the Tech industry.

Today, Tech companies are dominating the World’s economy.

Your level of success in the future would be determined by your ability to solve problems.

In Collaboration with Greenbytes Digital Solutions, we are organizing a 2-weeks Virtual Coding Camp for kids.

The Virtual Coding Camp for Kids offers unique programs where kids will be introduced to computer programming especially in the area of web development using languages like HTML, CSS and Javascript.

To learn more, call me on: 08058109474

Re: Over Protective Parents by LadySarah: 11:54am On Aug 26, 2020
Aimerosa25:
they don't want me to school far,they , especially my dad doesn't like me living with relatives.

They are wise. I'm sure you are seeing those relatives through rosy glasses until you live with them.

You will call for them the way the late Cyprus student called the mom, Justice Bello.

1 Like

Re: Over Protective Parents by PuZZyNegro: 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
Op, simply put, you want to explore
Re: Over Protective Parents by PuZZyNegro: 6:03pm On Aug 26, 2020
Aimerosa25:
yes I am in Abuja ,07053180191

When the "did" happens, you will wish they are more protective than they currently are. You've been warned!

2 Likes

Re: Over Protective Parents by Aimerosa25(f): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
PuZZyNegro:

When the "did" happens, you will wish they are more protective than they currently are. You've been warned!
thanks uncle
Re: Over Protective Parents by OgwuEgo: 8:08am On Feb 18, 2021
you be smallie o
Aimerosa25:

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Medical Mystery: A 3 Year Old Toddler Weighs 132 Pound / Woman Sacrifices Her Only Daughter To River Goddess Awube For More Children / Snake Crawls Out Of Woman’sprivate Part Duringdeliverance Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.