Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,524 members, 7,854,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:19 PM

Taking Types And Shadows Too Far - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Taking Types And Shadows Too Far (123 Views)

Hand Signs And Satanism: Isn't It Being Taken A Step Too Far? / Televangelist Benny Hinn Admits Going Too Far With Prosperity Gospel / The 2017 Worship Songs That Have Made Your Year So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Taking Types And Shadows Too Far by Perfectbeing(m): 9:00am On Jun 30, 2020
Follow this chat
Preacher : The oil in the parable of the ten virgins typifies the holy ghost in the life of a believer. And a lack of sanctification and holiness can make him run out
Me : You sound very sure about this typology sir. Don't you think that's rather hasty?
Preacher : not at all. , very sure. It couldn't have meant anything else but the holy ghost
Me : can we test this your revelation sir?
Preacher : why not? Go ahead
Me : okay sir. Let's replace the Word "oil" in that parable with the holy ghost and see if we can hold on to your interpretation.
Preacher : right away!
Matthew 25
1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no HOLY GHOST with them:
4 But the wise took THE HOLY GHOST in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your HOLY GHOST ; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough HOLY GHOST for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell THE HOLY GHOST , and buy THE HOLY GHOST for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy THE HOLY GHOST , the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Me : so what do you think sir?
Preacher : I never really thought about it like this before now Pastor. You're right sir, oil couldn't have been a type of the holy ghost
Me : I'm glad you finally saw it sir.
That's why it's called a parable. You can't take it literally.
Selah!

1 Like

Re: Taking Types And Shadows Too Far by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
Good one!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
ROFLMAO!

(1) (Reply)

When You Make God Your Shepherd / Pastor Chris Is LIVE Now / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/07/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.