Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,912 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:24 PM

Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User (1480 Views)

Urgent Apple Warning: Every iPhone User Should Check Settings Now! / Do You Know Your Phone Is Secretly Spying On You? / Whatsapp To Stop Working On Millions Of Phones From January 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by tradepunter: 10:35am On Jun 30, 2020
Now Apple’s welcome iOS 14 security and privacy changes have caught them red-handed still doing something they shouldn’t. Something they said was fixed. TikTok isn’t alone—other apps will now need to change deliberate or inadvertent clipboard access. But TikTok is the highest profile and most totemic of the apps caught out, given its prior coverage and wider issues.

The most acute issue with this vulnerability is Apple’s universal clipboard functionality, which means that anything I copy on my Mac or iPad can be read by my iPhone, and vice versa. So, if TikTok is active on your phone while you work, the app can basically read anything and everything you copy on another device: Passwords, work documents, sensitive emails, financial information. Anything.

Earlier in the year, when TikTok was first exposed, the security researchers acknowledged that there was no way to tell what the app might be doing with user data, and its abuse was lost in the mix of many others. Now it’s feeling different. iOS users can relax, knowing that Apple’s latest safeguard will force TikTok to make the change, which in itself shows how critical a fix this has been. For Android users, though, there is no word yet as to whether this is an issue for them as well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2020/06/26/warning-apple-suddenly-catches-tiktok-secretly-spying-on-millions-of-iphone-users/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by FreakDesign: 10:37am On Jun 30, 2020
Na so TikTok take wan end their business themselves.
Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by meobizy(f): 10:40am On Jun 30, 2020
If I'm not doing anything illegal then I have nothing to fear. They should keep spying, e no concern me.

2 Likes

Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by taiwosamwell(m): 11:12am On Jun 30, 2020
Me that I'm not using the app at all

4 Likes

Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by LehreMi: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2020
Lol. They might have assess to private information you enter on your device be it bank details and security details. So, it doesn't matter if you are doing illegal stuffs or not
meobizy:
If I'm not doing anything illegal then I have nothing to fear. They should keep spying, e no concern me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by edoairways: 4:10pm On Jun 30, 2020
meobizy:
Don't say this, hackers can collect sensitive information from you unknown to you

3 Likes

Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by jericco1(m): 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2020
I don't even have tiktok anymore, though I think do have an account with them undecided
Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by FryMosquito: 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
I think it's a Chinese built app.. This people and spying.. Reason some nations are beefing them
Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
meobizy:

How about valuable?
Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by KrazyDave16(m): 8:59pm On Jun 30, 2020
Facebook too but that's an open secret.
Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by paltielx: 11:45pm On Jun 30, 2020
I'm not surprised though, I keep telling people that when you're using Chinese apps and electronics you are been spied on, personally really I avoid Chinese phones and app
Re: Warning—apple Suddenly Catches Tiktok Secretly Spying On Millions Of Iphone User by Newboss(m): 9:42am On Jul 01, 2020
The same thing Apple does unapologetically.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus For Sale... Serious BUYER Only / How Do I Get Evidence Of My Soon To Be Ex Visit To Another Man's House? / Glo Unlimited Free Data Browsing August 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.