Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos (525 Views)

Imo Police Uncover Illegal Petroleum Depot / Illegal Oil Bunkery: Military Destroys Creek At Ibeto In Rivers State (Photos) / Police Uncover Illegal Blood Bank In Lagos, Arrest Suspect - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos by GODWINLOWSKI: 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
The Lagos State Police Command have uncovered two illegal oil wells at the Ejigbo Local Government Area of State.

The operatives of the Inspector-General of Police Intelligence Response Team(IRT) led by DCP Abba Kyari busted syndicate specializing in siphon petroleum products from the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) pipeline.

Two female suspects named Shafe and Victoria, who were alleged to be the brain behind the illegal oil wells at houses 4 and 2, Surprise Avenue, Ejibgo, were arrested by IRT operatives.

The Police revealed that the suspects dug over 70-foot wells in their compounds located a few meters from the NNPC pipeline to which they connected submersible pumping machines and pipe to siphon the petroleum products.

It was gathered that the suspects have made millions of money from the illegal business.

A police source said the suspects, whose buildings are located side by side, would on their pumping machines and siphon the products into jerry cans trucks which the supply to their standby buyers.

The Police the operative of IRT swung into action when they received intelligence report from the residents of the area.

The residents complained that if their activities are not curb it may cause a massive fire outbreak that would have a devastating effect on the area soon or later.

While speaking the suspects said they did not tampered with NNPC pipe but only scooped the products from ruptured NNPC pipeline located close to their houses.

They claimed that the petroleum products flow to the well and they sell it to their neighbors.

In one of the suspects interview, Shafe said :

'‘I am from Okitupupa area of Ondo State. I have three children. I am a widow. My late husband bought the land where we built our house in 1984 and we dug that well in the year 1999. We were using it for water, but we later discovered that there was petrol in it. We alerted the landlord association about it and we all agreed that we would go to the police station and the Local Government but we were advised to go to the NNPC which we have done. The management of the NNPC sent two delegates on assessment. The delegates came and they took a sample of the water in the well, but they did not come again.

‘Yes, I was arrested before for the same offence. I sold three jerry cans of petrol to someone. After the sales, operatives for the Lagos State Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) stormed my place in 2016. The police released me and warned that I should not go close to the well again. I am sorry that I went back to the temptation and here I am again in the police net''.

Recalled that there was massive fire outbreak in Agboju, close to Festac, in Amuwo Odofin Local Government area of Lagos State on March 22, 2020 many lifes were lost and unquantifiable property destroyed.

#many of the fire incident in Lagos were caused by vandals

1 Share

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos by inforesource: 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
Leave that woman jare. Country where you practically do everything for yourself. And one of those stuffs is digging wells for drinking water.
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos by Kriss216: 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
Go and arrest Mrs Alakija also!
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos by thesicilian: 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2020
inforesource:
Leave that woman jare. Country where you practically do everything for yourself. And one of those stuffs is digging wells for drinking water.
And when there's an explosion later you'll still be one of those blaming the government.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos by JAOS(m): 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2020
this should serve as a lesson to others
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos by inforesource: 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2020
thesicilian:

And when there's an explosion later you'll still be one of those blaming the government.
My point is that they should leave the woman alone.
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos by TransflectTP(m): 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2020
The country is survival of the fittest
Re: Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos by thesicilian: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
inforesource:

My point is that they should leave the woman alone.
Lol. You're pitying her even though she's doing something illegal.

Can't really blame her though, afterall she alerted the relevant authorities several times and nothing was done.

The government should buy the houses from them and take the appropriate measures to seal off the leakage.

1 Like

Re: Police Uncover Illegal Oil Wells In Residential Building In Lagos by Exmilitant(m): 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2020
Looting our commonwealth is allowed but don't be caught!

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Attack In Kaduna Village Leaves 21 Dead And 28 Injured / Main Reason Why I Think Hushpuppi Was Arrested-my Opinion / Tiv, Kuteb, Mumuye, Fulani Tribes Gives Gov Ishaku 30 Days Ultimatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.