Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Tests Positive To Coronavirus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Tests Positive To Coronavirus (290 Views)

Funeral Service Of Rotimi Akeredolu In Pictures / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu’s Daughter's Wedding: Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Tests Positive To Coronavirus by mrlycan: 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has tested positive for coronavirus.

Akeredolu confirmed his status via his Twitter handle on Tuesday.

He tweeted, “Today, I tested positive for #COVID19. All is well. I’m asymptomatic and have been self-isolating. Work continues. Your continued prayers over my well being are most appreciated.”

In a video attached to the tweet, Akeredolu said he took the COVID-19 test after being treated for malaria.

The governor explained that he was advised to take the COVID-19 test by a governor at the All Progressives Congress National Executive Council meeting held on Thursday in Abuja.

He said, “My good people of Ondo State. It gives me great pleasure to address you at this moment. I had malaria two days ago and was treated. I did get over it.

“At the APC NEC meeting, one of my colleagues spoke with me. He advised that malaria should not be just treated as likely. That I should go ahead and have a test for COVID-19.

“The result came out today, June 30, 2020, and I tested positive. But I am asymptomatic. I am not feeling sick nor feeling odd in any way.

“But my doctor has said that I should take the necessary steps and self-isolate. I believe that supervised home management would be ideal for me for now.”

Details later…

https://punchng.com/breaking-akeredolu-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Tests Positive To Coronavirus by JohnGainsville(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2020
To be on the safer side, I think that colleague that advised the governor to go for a test should also go for his own.

I wish the governor a speedy recovery
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Tests Positive To Coronavirus by WonderManly(m): 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
mrlycan:

Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu, has tested positive for coronavirus.

Akeredolu confirmed his status via his Twitter handle on Tuesday.

He tweeted, “Today, I tested positive for #COVID19. All is well. I’m asymptomatic and have been self-isolating. Work continues. Your continued prayers over my well being are most appreciated.”

In a video attached to the tweet, Akeredolu said he took the COVID-19 test after being treated for malaria.

The governor explained that he was advised to take the COVID-19 test by a governor at the All Progressives Congress National Executive Council meeting held on Thursday in Abuja.

He said, “My good people of Ondo State. It gives me great pleasure to address you at this moment. I had malaria two days ago and was treated. I did get over it.

“At the APC NEC meeting, one of my colleagues spoke with me. He advised that malaria should not be just treated as likely. That I should go ahead and have a test for COVID-19.

“The result came out today, June 30, 2020, and I tested positive. But I am asymptomatic. I am not feeling sick nor feeling odd in any way.

“But my doctor has said that I should take the necessary steps and self-isolate. I believe that supervised home management would be ideal for me for now.”

Details later…

https://punchng.com/breaking-akeredolu-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Tests Positive To Coronavirus by SaintBeehot(m): 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
And you tell me this covid 19 is not God sent
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Tests Positive To Coronavirus by Mynd44: 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2020

(1)

Niger State Government Partners Family Home Funds To Provide 1, 200 Houses In Th / Poor Electricity Costs Nigeria N10tn Yearly, Says World Bank / Poverty Has Turned A Generation Of Nigerian Youths To Professional Ass-Kisser's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.