Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo (473 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Do Jobs They Refused At Home – Remi Tinubu / Omoni Oboli Cries Out, Calls On INEC To Allow Them Cast Their Vote At VGC / Why Did The Southern Senators In The House Allow Them Pass The PIB? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo by Shehuyinka: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
774,000 Jobs: They walked me out because I did not allow them to own the process- Keyamo

FESTUS Keyamo, Minister of State for Labour and Employment on Tuesday said he was walked out of a joint investigative panel on the recruitment of 774,000 people under the National Directorate of Employment (NDE)by Federal law makers because he did not allow them to own the process.

Keyamo disclosed this to journalists as he left the investigative hearing following a disagreement between him and the lawmakers who had asked him to apologise to them.

According to The PUNCH, the Minister also accused the lawmakers of demanding more than the 15 percent job slots allocated to them.

But in a swift reaction, Godiya Akwashiki, Chairman, Senate Committee on Labour, Employment, and Productivity, who presided over the joint National Assembly panel, denied the two allegations levelled against them by Keyamo.

Rather, he accused Keyamo of allegedly trying to build a political structure of 1, 000 youths in each of the 774 local government areas across the country with the 774,000 jobs without the involvement of the NDE.

Trouble started when Keyamo was asked by the lawmakers to explain the modalities he had adopted to carry out the recruitment process and why he was not carrying out the NDE along.

He explained that an Act that established the NDE gave his ministry powers to oversee the affairs and programmes of the agency.

The investigative hearing organised by the National Assembly Joint Committee on Employment, Labour, and Productivity held at the National Assembly.

Kayemo stated that his ministry was asked to supervise the recruitment by the President Muhammadu Buhari.

He told the committee that he had inaugurated a 20-member committee to implement the recruitment process and that the committee had started work.

But in response to this, Akwashiki, asked why NDE was not being carried along in the process.

He replied that Nasiru Ladan, the Director-General of the NDE, is a member of the committee but when asked to defend himself, Ladan said the minister was in a better position to answer all questions relating to the N52 billion budgeted for the recruitment of 774,000 Nigerians under the NDE

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/774000-jobs-lawmakers-walk-out-keyamo-over-refusal-to-apologise-to-them/

Re: JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo by Simplyleo: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
Very good.

But children of hate, anger and perdition are coming for you regardless.

Since is between a Buhari's minister and the NASS members, children of hate anger and perdition need not know how and why. All they know in this case is NASS members care for the masses.
Re: JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo by Brandstudio01: 6:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
And when did people suddenly become Fulanis to start putting on Fulani Attire?

This is why they want me dead
Re: JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo by supercase1(m): 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
grin grin grin
like for keyamo share for Godiya akwashiki
grin
Re: JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo by IfGodbeforus(m): 6:29pm On Jun 30, 2020
Do what you know is right! Before God and your Conscience..

What happens, let it be.
Re: JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
This one thinks we are still doing election. where u do anyhow because ruling party is on your side.
Re: JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo by SmartProf(m): 6:33pm On Jun 30, 2020
Bravo man... continue cutting their fraudulent tickets
Re: JOBS: They Walked Me Out Because I Did Not Allow Them To Own The Process- Keyamo by Mynd44: 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2020

(1)

APC Crisis: Tinubu, The Blame Master & Architect Of His Misfortune / US Extradition: Music Promoter Alagbada Gets Bail Pending Appeal / Sex-For-Marks: Senate Rules Out “Mutual Consent” From Sexual Harassment Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.