Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing (19931 Views)

FG Jerks Up Provisional Wage Increment To ₦‎35,000 / Ondo 2020: INEC Unveils Full List Of Governorship Candidates, Deputies / INEC Releases Dates For 2019 Elections In Nigeria (Photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by OPPPS: 7:55am On Jul 01, 2020
Say no to Tax collectors

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Kindledlight(m): 7:55am On Jul 01, 2020
Lostz:

a presidential order does not stop aggrieved individuals from going to court. are we running a monarchy system of government?

As a member of a party,will you go against the constitution and the resolutions of the highest organ of your party.
Oh i see you want APC members to always go to court but you wouldn’t want PDP(that give that give a member of less than 48 hours a governorship ticket) not to go to court.
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Validated: 7:56am On Jul 01, 2020
Weedsmoker:
Obaseki issa big failure.
Where are the 200,000 jobs he promised.
Edo deserves better.
Obaseki is a GOAL!!!!

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Kindledlight(m): 7:58am On Jul 01, 2020
Lostz:

a presidential order does not stop aggrieved individuals from going to court. are we running a monarchy system of government?
Let me as well tell you this not Government,this is a party affair that is binded by its own constitution if you are not satisfied go to any other party like the Tax collectir party.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Validated: 8:04am On Jul 01, 2020
Kindledlight:

Let me as well tell you this not Government,this is a party affair that is binded by its own constitution if you are not satisfied go to any other party like the Tax collectir party.
Stop arguing what you do not know. It makes you sound as low IQ individual except of course you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 01, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
is a pity you don't follow news,
Edo APC member will continue the case after July 12, which is the deadline to replace candidate.

by then, obaseki will tell us who issue him the first certificate of 1976 because he finish eghosa grammar school in 1973.
which year did he get his HSC ? to study 3yrs course.
Stop displaying your ignorance. Who has the burden of proof?
As you said, wait till they continue the case (which I know they won't).
Sound mind would have known to ask the prestigious UI how he met the admission criteria. No, you won't, but prefer to talk unintelligibly everywhere.
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Nobody: 8:05am On Jul 01, 2020
Kindledlight:

i don't know how to reply ignorant folks like you

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 01, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
is a pity you don't follow news,
Edo APC member will continue the case after July 12, which is the deadline to replace candidate.

by then, obaseki will tell us who issue him the first certificate of 1976 because he finish eghosa grammar school in 1973.
which year did he get his HSC ? to study 3yrs course.
To put you out of your misery, what makes you think he doesn't (at this time) have his HSC certificate in his possession now, like he later did with his UI certficate (which has been authenticated by his alma mata) just like NYSC has corrected his name?. You think you're smater than him or the party that accepted the documents after the initial controversy thrown up by APC?
My only worry is that he could have avoided the embarrassment altogether, it's something you and I should learn from.
Sort out any discrepancy before aspiring for any office.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Kindledlight(m): 8:14am On Jul 01, 2020
[quote author=Validated post=91255960]
Stop arguing what you do not know. It makes you sound as low IQ individual except of course you are.[/quote

What i do not know? We are talking about party politics all of the sudden you brought up system or types of government and i said it is not about government,it is about party politics which court does not even suppose to entertain in a sane clime.The chief judge of FCT just recently frown at it that party disagreements or differences should be left to party internal mechanisms.
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Kindledlight(m): 8:16am On Jul 01, 2020
Lostz:

i don't know how to reply ignorant folks like you

You know what i will tell you?
When ignorance bliss.....
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 01, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
and you are not aware the reason they did not show up. and you are not aware the reason they did not show up.
And you believed it like you were among them.
Stop making a mockery of yourself.
Even with political patronage, we should apply common sense.
Don't be caught in the web, they're all the same (APDCP).
Just watch how things unfold, but never believe everything that's thrown up in Nigeria's political space.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Nifemi2512(m): 8:29am On Jul 01, 2020
I can categorically tell you that this list is ABSOLUTELY INCONCLUSIVE!

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by fergie001: 8:57am On Jul 01, 2020
Kindledlight:

The case was not dismissed ,Some APC members that don’t want him to clinch the party’s ticket discontinue the case because he was already disqualified by the party.Like someone replied you the case can start again at any given time because there are discrepancies as far as those certificates are concerned.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/breaking-court-dismisses-certificate-forgery-case-against-obaseki/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/alleged-certificate-forgery-court-dismisses-suit-against-obaseki/amp/
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by fergie001: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2020
seanfer:

Read the Electoral Act as amended... Also the case of Bayelsa is still fresh in our minds....
Lostz is correct...If indeed the APC is waiting for July 12, it becomes a dead case.

Section 285(9) of the 4th alteration is unambiguous and has decided on pre-election cases which cases must be filed 14 days from the cause of action.

It will be past 14 days by July 12.

However, if the PDP wins, the APC can raise it in the tribunal.

jesusloveyou dansuqi ejimatic
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by seanfer(m): 9:18am On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

Lostz is correct...If indeed the APC is waiting for July 12, it becomes a dead case.

Section 285(9) of the 4th alteration is unambiguous has decided on pre-election cases which cases must be filed 14 days from the cause of action.

The Bayelsa case was filed how many days after submission of candidates names?

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by chrisxxx(m): 9:18am On Jul 01, 2020
OPPPS:
Say no to Tax collectors
As well to godfatherism.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by fergie001: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2020
seanfer:

The Bayelsa case was filed how many days after submission of candidates names?
The Supreme Court ruled this year in Lokpobiri v Lyon & 3 Ors., that the cause of action is the Primaries (wherein the Plaintiff wasn't declared winner) and not in the submission of names.
Bayelsa APC primaries took place on Sept 3&4, 2019...APC submitted names to INEC on the 7th....Lokpobiri filed on the 19th....PDP filed against same APC on the 12th. (all in September).

Lokpobiri's case was thrown out because it had exceeded 14 days, whilst for the PDP....the rest is history.

The only place where that Certificate issues can come up again is at the Tribunal.
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Kindledlight(m): 9:49am On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/breaking-court-dismisses-certificate-forgery-case-against-obaseki/amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/alleged-certificate-forgery-court-dismisses-suit-against-obaseki/amp/

Please take time and read the links you sent to me,the plaintiffs refused to show up in court when the case was up for hearing including their attorneys.
Why did they refuse to show up? It is because of my response you quoted,read again.Thanks.
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by esiri4jesu(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2020
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Abdul4trust1(m): 10:07am On Jul 01, 2020
Weedsmoker:
Obaseki issa big failure.
Where are the 200,000 jobs he promised.
Edo deserves better.
Ask am o
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Unigrad: 10:10am On Jul 01, 2020
kestor:

To put you out of your misery, what makes you think he doesn't (at this time) have his HSC certificate in his possession now, like he later did with his UI certficate (which has been authenticated by his alma mata) just like NYSC has corrected his name?. You think you're smater than him or the party that accepted the documents after the initial controversy thrown up by APC?
My only worry is that he could have avoided the embarrassment altogether, it's something you and I should learn from.
Sort out any discrepancy before aspiring for any office.
Your two last statement is a wonderful lessons for everyone to learn from Governor Obaseki scenerio, I think why he relaxed about it is, he thought he will not use them. Oshiomole got the small loopholes and use it against him. Thank God for him, UI have come to say he graduated from their school. Before UI can give admission, one must have meet up with the requirements and don't think UI can bend the rules for anyone. Don't forget, UI is federal government controlled institution. NYSC have come up to issue the corrected certificate and NYSC is also federal government controlled institution, I don't blame the governor for the NYSC certificate issue because everyone all know how is almost impossible to correct name on NYSC certificate if you are not connected or in government position.
To me, he has all his certificates genuine, is just that some persons don't want to accept it because it will affect their interest later. Let see what will play out in the coming days.
I think with information bill that was passed into law, anyone can apply to UI to ascertain if the governor met the requirements to be admitted as student. Going to court is just an antics to distract the Governor.
My PVC is ready for September 19.
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by moderatedguy: 10:12am On Jul 01, 2020
Kindledlight:

No APC member is going to court according to th NEC resolutions.
If they go to court wot wud happen.
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by fergie001: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2020
Kindledlight:

Please take time and read the links you sent to me,the plaintiffs refused to show up in court when the case was up for hearing including their attorneys.
Why did they refuse to show up? It is because of my response you quoted,read again.Thanks.

Kindledlight:
The case was not dismissed ,Some APC members that don’t want him to clinch the party’s ticket discontinue the case because he was already disqualified by the party.Like someone replied you the case can start again at any given time because there are discrepancies as far as those certificates are concerned.
You said the case wasn't dismissed, whilst infact the case was. (Read the links again).

In law, there is a difference between withdrawing a case and dismissing a case.
When you withdraw a case, you can re-file that case in another Court or same Court under another Judge.

When you didn't show up, your attorneys didn't show up..there was no written request from you on reason(s) you didn't show up.

Is there something new that you are bringing to the Court that warrants your no appearance?

Firstly, you must show cause why the Court should entertain that case AGAIN.
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by YoungAncient1: 10:37am On Jul 01, 2020
Na wa o, see qualifications abeg; FSLC and SSCE/WASC
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by LudaChriz(m): 10:55am On Jul 01, 2020
Weedsmoker:
Obaseki issa big failure. Where are the 200,000 jobs he promised. Edo deserves better.
Where are the 3 million job Buhari promised?
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Kindledlight(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2020
moderatedguy:
If they go to court wot wud happen.

Read the APC constitution.
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Kindledlight(m): 11:40am On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

You said the case wasn't dismissed, whilst infact the case was. (Read the links again).

When you withdraw a case, you can re-file that case in another Court or same Court under another Judge.

When you didn't show up, your attorneys didn't show up..there was no written request from you on reason(s) you didn't show up.

Is there something new that you are bringing to the Court that warrants your no appearance?

I see the highlight as a compliment however i was only correcting someone that the case was not actually settled in court perhaps the people that instituted it only back out after achieving their aim thereby making the court to strike the case out.I do understand you.Thanks
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by fergie001: 11:42am On Jul 01, 2020
Kindledlight:

I see the highlight as a compliment however i was only correcting someone that the case was not actually settled in court perhaps the people that instituted it only back out after achieving their aim thereby making the court to strike the case out.I do understand you.Thanks
Always welcome ...
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by Kindledlight(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2020
[quote author=fergie001 post=91259809]

Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by moderatedguy: 11:57am On Jul 01, 2020
Kindledlight:

Read the APC constitution.
Expulsion abi?....they are ready to damn d consequences as long as they achieve their aim
Re: Edo 2020: INEC Releases Provisional List Of Candidates, AAC Missing by ejimatic: 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

Section 285(9) of the 4th alteration is unambiguous and has decided on pre-election cases which cases must be filed 14 days from the cause of action.

INEC is playing with fire.AA submitted the list of his candidates .Why omission? It is a preelection matter that can be entertained at the tribunal or any federal court.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Why Buhari Gave Blessings To Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi, Others / Even Southwest Has Rejected You, PDP Tells Tinubu / Why I Thank God For Tinubu - Dele Farotimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.