Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe (972 Views)

APC Ward-To-Ward Campaign In Isobo Ward, Obubra, Cross River (Pictures) / Cynthia Nwala, Etche Legislative Assembly Leader Beaten & Stripped Unclad / Ikwerre, Ika, Igbanke, Anioma, Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by Whiteangel1234: 9:08am On Jul 01, 2020
IGBO IS A NATION WITH MANY SMALLER TRIBES

i want to put an end by making final conclusion on this issues ikwerre, ika, Iganke,isobo, Etche and over other 22 Igboid sub group are all part of the Greater Igbo Nation . Dont be mistaken none of this groups originated from the south East Igbos, infact the south East Igbos may have actually migrated inland from the coast to our current location or vise versa we can never know because our ancestors only have oral history and not written like the Europeans.

we are all equally part of the GREATER IGBO NATION . some can deny , some can argue for obvious political reasons or economic consideration but it wont change the fact that we are one big Igbo Nation whether you like it or not does not change anything but continuous denial and spitting other igbos will backfire sooner than later because we shall see you like a Prodigal sons and Daughters that will be dealt with at the appointed time but we cannot change your igboness its something we are born into not choose . You can scream from now until heaven fall that you are not igbo it does not change or move us , you remain a part of the Igbo Nation !!

For clarity purpose i think people make argument because the lack simple knowledge of English, hence we are going to discuss in detail the 2 terms that we use interchangeable that is not the same thing

1- Tribe - meaning according to oxford dictionary A social division in a traditional society consisting of families or communities linked by social, economic, religious, or blood ties, with a common culture and dialect, typically having a recognized leader. from this definition we can see that Igbos are bigger than a tribe which is use mostly in a very small niche of traditional community

2-NATION- Based on the same oxford dictionary this is the definition of nation-A large body of people united by common descent, history, culture, or language, inhabiting a particular country or territory.

from the above definition of Nation we can see its resonate true to us we are all part of the Igbo Nations but we all have our different tribes within a Bigger Igbo Nation .We share the same common culture , language , history together and inhabiting a common territory from the English definition this automatically make us ONE NATION OF IGBO by this simple definition . Example my name is Chukwuebuka from Anambra State in Agulu, My Tribe is AGULU this are the people i have direct family blood tie and communities link with so my tribe is AGULU but i cannot claim that i'm AGULU and Not Igbo it sounds so ridiculous '

we are all part of Igbo Nation whether we like it or not so its time to look at things that unite us or remain scattered in Nigeria . Nobody want Ikwerre Oil , i have my own Agulu tribe and my own ancestral land ,

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by SLAP44: 9:09am On Jul 01, 2020
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 01, 2020
@op

Seems you have nothing tangible doing outside the shores of Nigeria...

Be patriotic to your country of residence and work to gain and make it better and not nairaland petty children gossip..

Buntu igbo , Ghana is not igbo

Ikwerre is igbo, Atlantic ocean is not igbo

Ikwerre are not Igbos, Pacific ocean are Igbos.

Same lame topic everyday now looks stale and sounds like market women gossips.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by Bigflamie(m): 9:12am On Jul 01, 2020
I'm sick and tired Igbo this and Igbo that. Anyone that chooses to be Igbo fine, if you choose otherwise then so be it.
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by Whiteangel1234: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2020
Osagyefo98:
@op

Seems you have nothing tangible doing outside the shores of Nigeria...

Be patriotic to your country of residence and work to gain and make it better and not nairaland petty children gossip..

Buntu igbo , Ghana is not igbo

Ikwerre is igbo, Atlantic ocean is not igbo

Ikwerre are not Igbos, Pacific ocean are Igbos.

Same lame topic everyday now looks stale and sounds like market women gossips.
grin grin grin omo na free wifi ooh tongue tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by 35824L: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2020
Because of oil and access to sea, Iboes want to force Ikweres to become Iboes grin

Ikweres have repeatedly rejected Iboes. It is not by force. Go back to your five gully erosion ravaged states.

Ikwere are Binis by origin. They conquered the Iboe aggressors in 1967. They are ready to do it again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by Whiteangel1234: 9:18am On Jul 01, 2020
35824L:
Because of oil and access to sea, Iboes want to force Ikweres to become Iboes grin

Ikweres have repeatedly rejected Iboes. It is not by force. Go back to your five gully erosion ravaged states.

Ikwere are Binis by origin. They conquered the Iboe aggressors in 1967. They are ready to do it again.
they can deny but we will always see them like our Brothers but it does not mean we will love them because of this annoying behavior of denial its very disgusting but they are part of the IGBO NATION even among family brothers also quarrel and disown each other

If the change name and Language to Binis trust me instantly this will put an end to this whole Annoying argument . Your Name is Emeka , Uche from Ikwerre and when you speak your dialect i can understand most of your language , we dress and have similar culture yet i'm from far Anambra with no boundary to you . You turn around and tell me you are not igbo i wont believe i only see you as a greedy man playing oil politics because you fear other igbo will share oil revenue from your ikwerre land but the world will not end tomorrow this crude oil will finish one day ooh grin grin
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by 35824L: 9:24am On Jul 01, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
they can deny but we will always see them like our Brothers but it does not mean we will love them because of this annoying behavior of denial its very disgusting but they are part of the IGBO NATION even among family brothers also quarrel and disown each other
They know why you see them as brothers but they are not fooled. Ikwere know their origins. They are much closer to Binis than they will ever be to Iboes. Iboes will remain Ikwere slaves as far as Rivers State is concerned.
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by LadyExcellency: 9:25am On Jul 01, 2020
Was there any history of colonization of these tribes by Southeastern Igbo? How on earth will a totally different people abandon their language, market days, traditional leadership styles etc and adopt another without a force of arm or coercion?

I don't understand.
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by DiagnoPolitics: 9:27am On Jul 01, 2020
You ewedu monkey bananas need to pay the OP for his efforts at educating your empty coconut heads.

OP I say well done, the great people of Ekpeyeland send their greetings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by ejighikemeuwa: 9:30am On Jul 01, 2020
35824L:

Be informed; ns if
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by Whiteangel1234: 9:31am On Jul 01, 2020
35824L:
They know why you see them as brothers but they are not fooled. Ikwere know their origins. They are much closer to Binis than they will ever be to Iboes. Iboes will remain Ikwere slaves as far as Rivers State is concerned.
grin grin Afonja you cannot provoke me to emotional anger, Ikwerre is our Brother but very annoying brothers we will deal with them later not now . its a family problem of identity crisis
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by 35824L: 9:37am On Jul 01, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
grin grin Afonja you cannot provoke me to emotional anger, Ikwerre is our Brother but very annoying brothers we will deal with them later not now . its a family problem of identity crisis

They knew all along. But they moved fast and dealt with you people first grin

Ikwere are not Iboes come rain, come shine. Their Bini heritage is forever sure!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by Ekwutox: 10:16am On Jul 01, 2020
Op stop this nonsense, you are bringing unnecessary insults to igbos.
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by OPPPS: 10:28am On Jul 01, 2020
Land grabbers at it again, they don't want to give up until the crude in Rivers becomes their own.
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by Ojiofor: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2020
[s]
Whiteangel1234:

If the change name and Language to Binis trust me instantly this will put an end to this whole Annoying argument . Your Name is Emeka , Uche from Ikwerre and when you speak your dialect i can understand most of your language , we dress and have similar culture yet i'm from far Anambra with no boundary to you . You turn around and tell me you are not igbo i wont believe i only see you as a greedy man playing oil politics because you fear other igbo will share oil revenue from your ikwerre land but the world will not end tomorrow this crude oil will finish one day ooh grin grin

[/s]

Wether they are Igbo or not will not improve your income or general well being of your family.Stop begging people to be Igbo.
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by orisa37: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2020
THEY'RE NOW EITHER EDO, RIVERS CROSS RIVERS OR DELTA TRIBES, CITIZENS AND PEOPLE BY LAW OF THE NIGERIAN CONSTITUTION.
Re: Ikwerre,ika,ekpeye ,iganke,isobo,etche Are Igbo Nation But Separate Tribe by bigpriik: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2020
Nice write-up op but please exclude Ikwerres and ikas these guys are not igbos .we have disowned them long ago time, they have brought shame and disgrace to the igbo race have you listened to rotimi amaechi and wike speeches? I will denounce my biafra citizenshipr if I see them in BiAfra map, they are Niger deltans not Igbos.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

APC Govs, Leaders Meet In Abuja Over Edo Election / Update !!! More Photos As Prophet Odumeje Storms Orji Kalu’s Camp Neya / Why Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu May Not Contest The 2023 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.