Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! (3421 Views)

Abuja Master Plan: Why Wike Must Demolish Aso Villa – Bwala / Infrastructure: I Don't Know Why Abia Takes Last In Everything — Udensi / Coronavirus: Obasanjo Lists 6 Areas Government Must Focus On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by Sammy07: 11:26am On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

Do they have elections in Abia? cheesy
No elections bro....

but I still believe the will of the people.

If abia people have strong will and mind and they're ready to vote them out.

I believe no amount of rigging will save it maybe except through court (as in IMO)
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by fergie001: 11:27am On Jul 01, 2020
Sammy07:

but I still believe the will of the people.

If abia people have strong will and mind and they're ready to vote them out.

I believe no amount of rigging will save it maybe except through court (as in IMO)
Elections don't hold in Abia.

The will of the people is that....they don't want the Government again but but.....they can't help it

Unless there is a Federal might somewhere, forget it....
It is who rigs the most situation...and the party of the moment is fully fully in charge.
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by Sammy07: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

Elections don't hold in Abia.

The will of the people is that....they don't want the Government again but but.....they can't help it

Unless there is a Federal might somewhere, forget it....
It is who rigs the most situation...and the party of the moment is fully fully in charge.

Haaaaa.
Na wa oooo.

Very soon, he and (Orjis family) cups will full.

What happened in Kwara will later happen.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by proeast(m): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2020
woky:
I tot Ikpeazu would be the Messiah since he's from ngwa, but the guy is just another big flop

The dude is a big disappointed. They will travel abroad, visiting places like Dubai and seeing how people like them who were able to think outside the box, developed their cities yet they will return and do nothing.

I don't know if it's mental laziness, irresponsibility , corruption or just wickedness that is making them to behave this way.

This is terrible.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by fergie001: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2020
Sammy07:

Haaaaa.
Na wa oooo.

Very soon, he and (Orjis family) cups will full.

What happened in Kwara will later happen.
Hopefully....

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by woky: 11:36am On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

Ikpeazu is Governor but he isn't in Control.
who's in control?
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by fergie001: 11:36am On Jul 01, 2020
proeast:

The dude is a big disappointed. They will travel abroad, visiting places like Dubai and seeing how people like them who were able to think outside the box, developed their cities yet they will return and do nothing.

I don't know if it's mental laziness, irresponsibility , corruption or just wickedness that is making them to behave this way.

This is terrible.

woky:
who's in control?
Ask yourself: Is Ikpeazu in Control?

You don't seem to understand how this works...
Once FAAC comes in....the money is shared right there from Abuja before it even gets to Umuahia. They give it to 5 or 6 people, he collects his own share, and the rest of the State can die off for all he cares.

From the first moment I saw him in 2014, he doesn't look to me like someone who will challenge the establishment.

Let him just do-and-go, let's know what to do about 2023.
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by RuddyFusion(m): 11:47am On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

That place cannot be renovated. It has to go down.

I lived there for one year...that place is a mess.

They have to get a land (hectares) and construct a big market complex.

The problem is that there is no good leadership there.

Do they have elections in Abia? cheesy
No elections bro....

You have said it all.

You're making a suggestion without putting thousands of traders there into consideration. if I'm to go with your DEMOLITION where will there stay in the interim? i didn't see that part

To me to best option is

- Build and relocate
- Or expand and move the bad part of the market to the new location because i don't belive that the whole market is bad
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by Chris525: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2020
Lol. So the Japanese, French, Hong Kong, Swiss, Italians, English, Spanish etc are beneath the Igbos?

Y'all igbos can overestimate yourselves. You're still the least of the 3 major ethnic groups in Nigeria on most economic indices but you're out here rubbing shoulders with China & India.

Hilarious bunch, lol

proeast:

This is not a dick measuring exercise please. The list is all over the internet, and a simple Google search will give you the answer you need.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by proeast(m): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

Once FAAC comes in....the money is shared right there from Abuja before it even gets to Umuahia. They give it to 5 or 6 people, he collects his own share, and the rest of the State can die off for all he cares.

From the first moment I saw him in 2014, he doesn't look to me like someone who will challenge the establishment.

As the governor of the state, the buck still ends on his table whether he is in control or not.

Abia has been battling with very selfish and wicked politicians since 1999. Very primitive minded men that are only concerned about their pockets.

The people of the state have accepted mediocrity as the new normal and we need to be bringing it to their consciousness that there is nothing normal with all these madness.
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by fergie001: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
RuddyFusion:

You're making a suggestion without putting thousands of traders there into consideration. if I'm to go with your DEMOLITION where will there stay in the interim? i didn't see that part

To me to best option is

- Build and relocate
- Or expand and move the bad part of the market to the new location because i don't belive that the whole market is bad
When I said go down doesn't mean that they will take it down before constructing the place.

They can get that land....start constructing and then be moving out in phases.
The Timber Plank market that was moved to Ndume is an example.
The market moved to Urban, another example.

What considerable work do you think can go on there with the people still there?
It will only be patch-and-join.
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:18pm On Jul 01, 2020
proeast:
[s]

Did you read it? I guess you didn't because if you did you won't continue arguing. Be that as it may, you can turn a blind eye on that particular statement if it makes you insecure.

I won't talk about it again to avoid derailing from the topic.[/s]
The article is about GCSE test scores oga.
it's so muddled that's not even clear where you guys actually fit in.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by fergie001: 12:24pm On Jul 01, 2020
proeast:

As the governor of the state, the buck still ends on his table whether he is in control or not.

Abia has been battling with very selfish and wicked politicians since 1999. Very primitive minded men that are only concerned about their pockets.

The people of the state have accepted mediocrity as the new normal and we need to be bringing it to their consciousness that there is nothing normal with all these madness.
Are you from Abia or do you live there?
Do you actually think the Governor don't understand what you are saying?
Who are the people who should commence the emancipation so to speak, the same people that birthed the nonsense?
Did you see what happened in 2015 and the Obingwa debacle?

I am not exonerating him but it will take a thorough self-will for the Governor to do what you are asking (with Federal might).

That is why I said firstly, that he doesn't pass off like one with such mindset.
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by Kinematics: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
Remimadrid1:
Op, show me the list were the Igbo's were classified as one of the top five ethnic group like you mentioned.

As their usual way you should know empty chest beating and ibos is like 5&6

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by proeast(m): 12:34pm On Jul 01, 2020
RuddyFusion:

To me to best option is

- Build and relocate

The demolition will be done in tranches. For instance, there are many sections of Ariaria that are still underutilized and lots of shops that are unoccupied. So, what the government needs to do is to map out a section, give the traders there a grace period to relocate to unoccupied sections. During the time of the grace period, every other logistics would be concluded and once the deadline ellapses, they will demolish it and build a mall there. Once that mall is completed they will go to another section of the market and ask them to relocate to the mall, after they relocate, that section too will be demolished and so on.

Alternatively, the government can use Greenfield areas around Osisioma. However, it is very crucial to build them in areas that are easily accessible from the main town and close to the express.
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by Kinematics: 12:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
proeast:

This is not a dick measuring exercise please. The list is all over the internet, and a simple Google search will give you the answer you need.

Thank you!

This one has already stolen my line. Indeed you are learning fast.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by PortHarcourt1st: 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kinematics:

Instead of you to face our poto poto PORT HARCOURT, you are here crying
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by proeast(m): 12:41pm On Jul 01, 2020
Kinematics:

Lol, so why didn't you patent it since it was you that originated it?

Stop flattering yourself, that phrase has always been there even before you were born.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by woky: 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
proeast:

This is terrible.
As if repairing Aba would make them go broke for life..

See Ebonyi of yesterday don turn Paradise for whr Abia dy.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by RuddyFusion(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2020
proeast:

The demolition will be done in tranches. For instance, there are many sections of Ariaria that are still underutilized and lots of shops that are unoccupied. So, what the government needs to do is to map out a section, give the traders there a grace period to relocate to unoccupied sections. During the time of the grace period, every other logistics would be concluded and once the deadline ellapses, they will demolish it and build a mall there. Once that mall is completed they will go to another section of the market and ask them to relocate to the mall, after they relocate, that section too will be demolished and so on.

Alternatively, the government can use Greenfield areas around Osisioma. However, it is very crucial to build them in areas that are easily accessible from the main town and close to the express.

You're providing details now and it makes MORE SENSE. But it will be faster if one does conduct a study into the issues in the market, interview real traders and present actionable DATA to government.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by woky: 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2020
fergie001:

bro! If Ikpeazu wants to work he will work.. The dude is not ready to do anything.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by fergie001: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
woky:
bro! If Ikpeazu wants to work he will work.. The dude is not ready to do anything.
You won't understand.......It will be better to say if the man wants to break free himself off the shackles, he will.
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by woky: 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
RuddyFusion:

To me to best option is

- Build and relocate
"Build and relocate" is the only good option. The whole of that market is bad. cheesy
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by LukasPodolski: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
woky:
As if repairing Aba would make them go broke for life..

See Ebonyi of yesterday don turn Paradise for whr Abia dy.
what is paradise in building Flyovers, International conference centres ?

will you guys stop deceiving yourselves?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2020
LukasPodolski:

what is paradise in building Flyovers, International conference centres ?

will you guys stop deceiving yourselves?
bring your brown roof useless shithole state let’s compare it to ebonyi
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by LukasPodolski: 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
bring your brown roof useless shithole state let’s compare it to ebonyi
Ebonyi is the third poorest state in Nigeria.

Small GDP.
High poverty index.
Low investments in education
Even they are regarded as second class Igbos in igboland.

If it's because of Flyovers, i even hate the ones state, I would prefers my governor to build free housing units for rural areas, the cost of building a flyover in a poor state with less traffic like Ebonyi would build over 200 units of 2 bedroom flats for rural areas.... Hahaha

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2020
LukasPodolski:

Ebonyi is the third poorest state in Nigeria.

Small GDP.
High poverty index.
Low investments in education
Even they are regarded as second class Igbos in igboland.

If it's because of Flyovers, i even hate the ones state, I would prefers my governor to build free housing units for rural areas, the cost of building a flyover in a poor state with less traffic like Ebonyi would build over 200 units of 2 bedroom flats for rural areas.... Hahaha
oga name ur dirty state don’t be ashamed ode
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by LukasPodolski: 2:30pm On Jul 01, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
oga name ur dirty state don’t be ashamed ode
E pain am

Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2020
LukasPodolski:

E pain am
are you ashamed of oshogbo?.... if I were you I would be too
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 01, 2020
proeast:
Igbos are known to be capitalists and has often been classified as being among the world's 5 most advanced ethnicities alongside the Chinese, Indians, Jews and Germans. Just like these other aforementioned groups, Igbos now control or influence commerce in many areas of Sub-Saharan Africa and beyond. Their cities of Aba and Onitsha have traditionally been regarded as home to some of the largest markets in Africa. However, the problem now is that these markets have largely remained the way they were decades ago.

Today, anyone who visits Ariaria will be disgusted at the filth, bad roads, flooding etc. that will assault them. Traders often lose lots of money each time the market gets flooded, and it happens quite often especially during the rainy season.

The world has evolved and commerce has become a huge money spinner, especially when it is combined with tourism. Dubai is a model example of this. However, the IGR of Aba has remained appallingly low, not necessarily because the people don't pay tax but but because of cartels that rip-off such monies due to irregularities in tax collection.

Abia state government should as a matter of urgency, go into partnership with developers to build the world's largest mall that will replace the sordid Ariaria market. This is a hugely bankable project and investors would be falling over themselves to be involved.

Recently, Shell built a dedicated gas pipeline to Ariaria and this would help to make the building of these malls significantly cheaper to maintain and thus make its rent affordable for most traders.

The benefits of having such very large malls in Aba will be enormous and it will change the fortunes of the state. Such benefits include:

1. Huge foriegn direct investments will flood into the state, especially from China, India, Japan, S.A, E.U and America. They will come in the form of companies opening assembly plants that will take advantage of such modernized large markets. This is what Dubai has done, and we have the capacity to replicate it here. Even if we are able to get 10% of the sort of investments that has gone to Dubai, Abia will automatically become a very rich state.

2. Increased patronage; Ariaria used to attract buyers from all over Nigeria and as far as Cameroun, Ghana, Senegal, Niger etc. Many of such people have stopped coming due to the disorganized nature of the market. However, not only will all these people return, Ariaria will now be able to attract buyers from all over Africa.

3. Increased government revenue; imagine when Aba has 10 very large malls that will contain an average of 20,000 shops each or 20 large malls of 10,000 shops each. The government will be able to ensure that 100% of the traders are captured in its tax drive and no cartel will defraud it since government knows the exact number of tax payers and can easily monitor compliance.

4. Increase in employment generation; lots of our graduates see trading as a vocation that is demeaning. This is due to the filthy environment where trading takes place. The market roads are muddy and flooded, gutters crisscross people's shops, leaky roofs etc. However, once these large malls are used to replace such dirty markets, many graduates will gladly go into trading and they will bring modern innovations too.

5. Aesthetics; Aba has gained a notoreity as a filty place and this is directly due to the proliferation of all these dingy markets that are found all over the city. Aba is a naturally well planned gridiron city. Once these unsightly markets are replaced with modern malls, the aesthetics of the city will be greatly enhanced and more people will desire to live in the city.

I can go on to list several other benefits but lack of space won't allow me. We Igbos don't know the gold we have in our hands by being in control of commerce in Nigeria because it has far greater potentials than crude oil and agriculture. Dubai has no oil but it is richer than the other Emirates in UAE that has oil as well as other oil rich countries.

Okezie Ikpeazu should muster the courage and political will to forever change the dynamics of Aba and he will always be remembered. Rochas was able to demolish the two biggest markets in Owerri and relocate the traders, and heaven did not fall. So, Ikpeazu too can demolish Ariaria as well as other dirty markets in Aba and replace them with massive malls.

Lalasticala please do Aba a favour by moving this piece to the front page so it can be brought to Okezie Ikpeazu's attention.

Which one did Rochas demolish and relocate?

Stop writing nonsense.
Re: This Is Why Abia State Government Must Demolish Ariaria Now! by LukasPodolski: 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
are you ashamed of oshogbo?.... if I were you I would be too
Is oshogbo not better than your potopoto and dirt ravaged Abia?

Hahaha, bye bye.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigeria Tribes That Are Totally Landlocked. / Gas Now Sold Below N1500 (pic) / Saharareporters: Kidnappers Seize Son Of Court Of Appeal Judge, Iheme-nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.