Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,216 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Ehindero’s Passport Seized - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ehindero’s Passport Seized (3224 Views)

IBB's Government Seized Buhari's Certificates - APC / Fed Govt To Return Sanusi’s Passport, Seized Salaries / Jim Ovia's Passport Seized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 2:13am On Jun 14, 2007
Scandal in police: Ehindero’s passport seized
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
It never rains, it pours, for retired Inspector General of Police (IG), Mr Sunday Ehindero, who is facing probe over a multi-million Naira fraud at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, as 20 of his former aides have now been arrested in connection with the scam.

As the aides were being quizzed at the ‘D’ Department of the Force Headquarters, Louis Edet House, Abuja, Daily Sun learnt that the National Security Adviser to President Umaru Yar’Adua has seized the International Passport of the embattled former IG following reports that he was planning to travel out of the country.

It was also gathered that detectives were sent to search the house of Ehindero’s henchman, the Commissioner of Police in charge of Budget, Mr John Obaniyi, who is at the centre of the N21 million scam uncovered last week, when two of his aides tried to smuggle the money out of the Force Headquarters.

It was Obaniyi, who allegedly confessed that the loot was being taken to Ehindero when he was being interrogated by the acting Inspector General of Police, Mr Mike Okiro.
A detective in Abuja told Daily Sun: "We went to the CP’s house at Area 11 and the place had been cleared. It was empty. We only found two fat women there."
Meanwhile, Obaniyi was said to have been released on bail after he made a statement and gave investigators some useful information.

Daily Sun gathered that the police made more arrests of Ehindero’s aides after the confession of Obaniyi and two of his men who were caught with the bags of money at the Force Headquarters.
Investigators are also beaming their searchlight on Ehindero’s accounts to know where he got the money he used in allegedly building about eight magnificent houses in Akure, Ajah area of Lagos and Abuja during the two years he served as IG.

They are also asking Ehindero the whereabouts of a N2.5 billion police cooperative money and N300 million police funds.

Meanwhile, President Yar’Adua on Tuesday directed the acting Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro to undertake a thorough investigation into the reported apprehension of a police officer with millions of Naira at Police Headquarters, Abuja.

The President also directed Mr Okiro to forward to him, detailed report on the incident immediately investigations are concluded to enable him take necessary further action.
Similarly, President Yar’Adua has also ordered the Ministries of Defence and Foreign Affairs to effect the immediate recall of Nigeria’s Defence Adviser in India, Navy Captain G.A Ojedokun.
Captain Ojedokun was last month found with about $2.7 million cash at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.

The money was later released to him following diplomatic presentations by Nigeria’s High Commission in India and the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Full text of the press release from the office of the Special Adviser to the President (Communications) and signed by Mr OJ Abuah reads: "In furtherance of his declared commitment to ensuring greater probity and transparency in the management of public funds, President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua on Tuesday directed the acting Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro to undertake a thorough investigation into the reported apprehension of a police officer with millions of Naira at Police Headquarters, Abuja.

"President Yar’Adua further directed that a detailed report on the incident be forwarded to him at the conclusion of the investigation for further action.

"In a similar vein, the president has also ordered the Ministries of Defence and Foreign Affairs to effect the immediate recall of Navy Captain G.A Ojedokun, Nigeria’s Defence Adviser in India from whom a large sum of United States dollars was recently seized at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi."

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jun/13/800.htm
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 2:19am On Jun 14, 2007
Yar’Adua orders probe of police questionable money

President Umar Yar’Adua has ordered immediate and thorough investigations into circumstances surrounding the arrest of a police officer who was found in possession of questionable money at Police Headquarters, Abuja.

The order was given to the Acting Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Mike Okiro, in line with the President’s declared commitment to ensuring probity and transparency in the management of public funds.

Yar’Adua further directed that upon conclusion of the investigation, a detailed report on it be forwarded to him by the police chief for further action.

A statement issued last night by the Presidency added that the President similarly directed the Ministries of Defence and Foreign Affairs to immediately recall Nigeria’s Defence Adviser in India, Navy Captain G.

A. Ojedokun, from whom a large sum of United States dollars was recently seized at

the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.

Meanwhile, immediate past IGP, Sunday Ehindero, on Tuesday appeared before the investigation panel probing the disappearance of the sum of N21.6 million from the police coffers.

Ehindero was reported to have told the panel made up of senior police officers that he has no hand in the deal.

Already, the police commissioner in charge of force budget (names withheld), his personal assistant and driver have been quizzed and detained at the force criminal Investigation Department (FCID).

Informed sources told our correspondent in Abuja that the officer who was posted to the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) on the eve of Ehindero’s retirement was packing his personal effects when his aides were apprehended with the loot.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jun/13/609.html
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 2:20am On Jun 14, 2007
MAMAJAMA:
I'm sorry, it doesn't look good, but I wish you and your folks best of luck.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 2:29am On Jun 14, 2007
The sad part of the whole situation, Ehindero stepped on many toes during his time as the IG, hence folks are very hesitant to step up to help him during this horrible time. Furthermore, Ehindero doesn't exist any more in OBJ's dictionary. Therefore this man is in the bush in the dark all alone.

I guess what goes around also comes around.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 2:32am On Jun 14, 2007
We've always been asking for a scape goat to be used to send message to the rest; it will be sad if Ehidero is this scape goat.

This whole situation reminds me of a security guard who also happens to be the thief.

Only in Nigeria.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by Afam(m): 8:59am On Jun 14, 2007
There is indeed hope for Naija.

More will come, more will fall, things will get better.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by McKren(m): 9:48am On Jun 14, 2007
Has Ehindero stopped playing golf in IBB golf club

Nothing dey happen the man go soon start him UN-JoB.

Na today grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by McKren(m): 10:12am On Jun 14, 2007
Ehindero is in soup

His passport was not sized by Okiro or Ribadu but Maj Gen. Sarki Muktar (rtd) the NSA
Ehindero is finished, his ordeal is beyond police politics like he suggested.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by angel101(f): 10:43am On Jun 14, 2007
Big B1:

We've always been asking for a scape goat to be used to send message to the rest; it will be sad if Ehidero is this scape goat.

Y so? Any corruput public officer will do just fine.

McKren:

Has Ehindero stopped playing golf in IBB golf club

Nothing dey happen the man go soon start him UN-JoB.

Na today grin grin grin grin grin

LMAO!!!
McKren take your time o! ah ah u wan crack my ribs?  cheesy

where is mamajama now?
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 1:38pm On Jun 14, 2007
MAMAJAMA's chicago house is for sale.

Water don pass gari!
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by Mamajama(m): 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2007
I love all you guys, who seized his passport?  OBANIYI that was allegedly arrested.  why is he still wearing a police uniform and working at the force headquarters?  can someone from the press answer me please?

Don't forget to mention EHindero was also said to have been visiting IBB and OBJ to save his ass.   grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by Mamajama(m): 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2007
Yes the house in Chicago is up for sale at a whopping $650.000. make me an offer pls
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by Mamajama(m): 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2007
Send this to the press to help make their case as well pls BIGB1

Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by angel101(f): 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2007
don't worry dear, most of the money stolen by corrupt public servants and the assets acquired by such ill gotten wealth will be recovered by the Yaradua administration. including ur chicago house  grin
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by Mamajama(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2007
angel101 don't forget we have a right to carry CONCEAL WEAPON in CHICAGO.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by angel101(f): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2007
Oh my! i'm shaking. grin
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by 9ja4eva: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2007
Ehindero see ur life.Dts y u didnt perform when you were called to.Ole barawo
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by angel101(f): 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2007
9ja4eva:

Ehindero see your life.Dts y u didnt perform when you were called to.Ole barawo

LOL grin grin grin
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 9:11pm On Jun 14, 2007
@MAMAJAMA:
If any of these allegations is incorrect, I assure you that I will apologize and change gear; I will even change the content of any of my topics regarding Ehindero latest drama.

But on a serious note, how much is enough?
What can you learn from a policeman who also happens to be a thief?
Where is the decency and integrity?

We truly need to develop quantitative understanding of leadership in Nigeria. The nation is gradually dieing from lack of solid, selfless, committed and dedicated leadership.
I cry and deeply feel bad for Nigeria; a nation that has it all, but also has nothing to show for it, all because of greedy bustard parasites who live just to suck our great country's blood.

There should be a special black book that is published yearly; the content of this book should be purely names of failed and corrupt leaders. They should be known as pigs by their names.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2007
People are too lazy, not creative, not knowledgeable and inpatient to build decent wealth by doing what is right.

It is a shame and disgusting.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by 9ja4eva: 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2007
A big shame.If na only this one Yar Adua no bridge then him try.Ehindero shld be thrown into Panti and tortued like a criminal which he is.E be like say dem swear for dt Police force sef.Haba from Tafa , Ehindero(Dem com worse pass their boys wey dey collect N20 for road).

Okiro abeg no follow dem oh.Do your own thing
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2007
Posted By 9ja4eva:
E be like say them swear for dt Police force sef

You're absolutely correct. Nigerian police force still represents the most degrading and low life occupation in Nigeria today. And you wonder why
IGs (present and past) are not creative, not committed and  not competent enough to address all issues, eliminate all obstacles and elevate the pride of one becoming a police officer.

Leadership in this society is all about ego and get all you can get before the pepper soup runs out.

Shame shame shame!
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by 9ja4eva: 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2007
Dts true.I jst hope and pray Okiro is different.What a shame to the force?
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by fromuk(m): 12:40am On Jun 15, 2007
10 houses traced to the idiot and obj has disowned him sharp sharp. his own time in coming. Mamajama u are still defending the thief, don't worry when dey maltreat him for kpanti he mention your name.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by snatch(m): 3:56am On Jun 15, 2007
All I can say is I remember a certain Hypocrite on Nairaland castigating Tafa Balogun when he had the same kind of issues. The chickens have now come home to roost.
10 houses traced to Ehindero
Thursday, June 14, 2007

No fewer than 10 houses have been traced to immediate past Inspector General of Police Mr Sunday Ehindero, all reportedly built during his two years as top cop.

Ehindero, who gave the police a new motto: "To serve and protect with integrity," ran into trouble last week, after some of his former aides were arrested as they were attempting to smuggle over N21 million cash out of the Force Headquarters, Louis Edet House, in Abuja.

As Ehindero is being probed following the orders of President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, Daily Sun has been able to locate the palatial mansions he reportedly built in Abuja, Ondo and Lagos States.

The most imposing of the mansions was found opposite Sunview Hotel, Alagbaka quarters in Akure. He also reportedly built another exquisite block of flats situated along Oda Road in the town.

Investigations further revealed that the former IGP built a house similar to that on Oda Road at Oyin Akoko and made sure the road leading to the house was tarred.

Other property in Ondo include blocks of hostel in Akungba, which he let out to students of the Adekunle Ajasin University.

In Abuja, Ehindero is said to have built a mansion at Gaduwa Estate, Constitution Crescent and has one under construction at Wuye.

Ehindero’s houses in Lagos are situated at the Ekoro area of Abule Egba and Ajah, where he had built an expansive school for the wife.

Meanwhile, detectives at the ‘D’ Department, Force Headquarters, Abuja told Daily Sun that Interim Investigation has been completed and a report is being compiled.

Daily Sun also learnt that the Commissioner of Police in charge of Budget, Mr John Obaniyi who had sent his aides to fetched the over N21 million, which he claimed was for Ehindero, had kept the money in his office toilet and inside a television set.

On the heels of the scam, an independent survey has again confirmed the Nigeria Police as the most corrupt institution in the country.

Closely following the police is the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN), Education Ministry (particularly higher institutions and examination bodies) and the customs service.

The survey also listed the Health Ministry, Justice Ministry, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), Nigeria Railway Corporation and Agricultural Development Authorities as institutions least likely to collect bribe.

These are part of the findings of Nigeria Corruption Index (NCI) 2007 which was released in Lagos on Wednesday by Independent Advocacy Project (IAP), a leading anti-corruption group. The NCI 2007 is a follow up to the 2005 edition.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by Elgaxton(m): 11:09am On Jun 15, 2007
so when are we going to have a true IG in this country!!

shocked shocked shocked chei
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BUSHFELLOW(m): 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2007
go ahead and defend him mamajama the truth still remains that his image that you talk much about is gone and right now it is inside the mud
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by angel101(f): 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2007
BUSHFELLOW:

go ahead and defend him mamajama the truth still remains that his image that you talk much about is gone and right now it is inside the mud

and will remain there for eternity (hopefully) wink
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA:
Send this to the press to help make their case as well please BIGB1

It is amusing and I wonder how low could you go?
If it is true that you're related to Ehindero, then something serious must be wrong with your brain.

This is a man (Ehindero) who is presently at the lowest point of his life and about to be dragged on the floor like a street thief. And the best you could do is posting a picture of a house on this forum. Something is definitely wrong up there!

My man, for what? You must be circled with bunch of low life Nigerians in Chicago, who make you feel like you're somebody; because out here you look like a fool. No one is impressed by your low-life life style.

You need to relax, cool down and  have a discussion with GOD, because the way it looks, this man (Ehindero) is going down just like his master (Tafa Balogun).
The UN job is gone, his passport is gone, OBJ has publicly disowned him, Yar'Adua is requesting for FED to vigorously probe him and he's about to be paraded; if you're truly related to this man, your face should be naturally covered with shame and you should take a year vacation from this forum.

Do you have any idea what Tafa Balogun and his family continue to go through for the past 3 to 4 years. Believe me, money is not everything, your pride and a good name are priceless.

You need to get hold of yourself!
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by Mamajama(m): 2:33pm On Jun 15, 2007
Big B1 you are a freaking slowpoke. IN Nigeria money speaks forget about that craziness, TAFA BALOGUN that is doing fine financially. He was disgraced out of police and public figure but people like you and a million Nigerians will crawl to his feet for a freaking 200 Naira. When TAFA is at the LA MERIDIAN with top government officials every Friday night and they are all eating pepper soup. where is the media? Why is IBB still commanding the respect he does get from almost everyone in the service? why is he still invited to National council meeting?

Sometime it's better to just flush your head down the toilet and hope no one shit on you.

Now back to the topic. I will hold you responsible to your word that you will apologies when its all said and done. Ehindero STATUE GOES beyond Nigeria and there is nothing anyone can do to stop his destiny. Who seized his passport? and How can one man really buy 10 houses in 2 years? if you have any logical reasoning faculty you will know Ehindero spend 35 years in the Nigerian police. so common sense. don't you think he bought some houses back then?

They are saying the 21 Million was his money. How can it be his money when he already handed over to OKIRO and OKIRO was in CHARGE?

THE IGP house they are saying he paid 400 Million for. EVEN ASO ROCK is not worth 400 Million. The only lapses in this issue is that there is no regulation to check all this greedy media attention propaganda.

He is still going to be the UN guy just watch after his little vacation.

I keep telling you all this police politics is common. and we have every weapon ready to defend Ehindero. he is a credible guy and a loyal guy and I love him to death. you have to know him personally to understand what kind of a man he is. If I can tell you in c confidential, Nothing will happen with this little mess. MARK MY WORD.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by Mamajama(m): 2:42pm On Jun 15, 2007
BIGB1 lesson 101.

MEDIA 200 Million was found in Ehinderos office

Ehindero bought the IGP house for 400 Million

YAR ADUA FIRED EHINDERO 12 hours after he resumed office

Ehindero has 10 houses

Ehindero has been restricted from going outside the country

Ehindero is seeking IBB and OBJ's help to intervene in the investigation

Ehindero promote his sister to CSP

Ehindero has a hostel that he is renting to students in AKUNGBA

EHINDERO was never fired. he already has a job awaiting him after his retirement that will compensate him in $$$$$$$$

response

Does Ehindero has 10 houses that he bought withing 2 years? ABSOLUTELY ridiculous

EHINDERO bought his last house in 2005 and that house was the IGP official residence. They failed to find out a loan was generated to purchase this house.

Was 200 Million found in his office? common sense. if he was already retired, and has no access to the IGPs office
and the only person that has access is the cleaners and the incumbent IGP

There is more behind the story, just keep tap.
Re: Ehindero’s Passport Seized by BigB11(m): 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2007
Posted by MAMAJAMA:
Why is IBB still commanding the respect he does get from almost everyone in the service?  why is he still invited to National council meeting?

You keep getting things twisted.
Are you comparing a simple IG (Ehindero) to IBB; something must be definitely wrong up there, my friend.

A beg, don't get carried away, an orange is extremely different from pinapple; not even close.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

12 People Killed In Fresh Attack In Riyom Jos / Race To Aso Rock(pix) / I Will Relocate Back To East If Apc Win Lagos State Again- Ifeduba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.