Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,604 members, 7,816,501 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal (31271 Views)

Presidential Elections Tribunal Will Demand For A Re-run Between 2 Parties / Fasoranti To Adebanjo: It’s Illegal To Assert Obi Won Presidential Poll / Ozekhome: It’s Illegal For Buhari To Solely Appoint IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by spafu(m): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2020
lalawealthy:

Bros,read very well and don't be beclouded with sentiment.2NOMINATION FORMS FROM DIFFRENT PARTIES.READ WELL.
I b OBASEKI SUPPOTER ,BUT AM WORRIED WITH THIS.I realise say we obaseki supporter don de let emotions and sentiments de becloud our sense of reasoning .we go overcome!
Make una no dey display una ignorance for public abeg. Anyone can purchase a no inattentive form. The purchase of normination is a declaration of Independence to be nominated and not a nomination in itself.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by vicdom(m): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2020
fergie001:

https://m.guardian.ng/news/supreme-court-voids-uche-nwosus-candidature/

https://www.nairaland.com/5591455/supreme-court-quashes-uche-nwosus

Thank you very much my brother. Majority of folks here are bereft of jurisprudence in discourse. Even your friend, seunmsg, seems he's a political Nostradamus. Just take a look at his post below at the first page of this thread.

Purchase of form and screening is part of the nomination process. The nomination form he bought and submitted to APC and the screening committe’s report will be tendered as evidence before the court and he will be disqualified. It is that straightforward.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Jesusloveyou: 10:19am On Jul 02, 2020
holychidi:

Uche nwosu case is far deferent from obaseke case.
Uche nwosu contest in APC and went to court on the ground that he won the primary and prayed to court to restrain APC from conducting another primary which APC in their usual way didn't challenge the Court case but went ahead and conducted another primary that produced hope uzudinma.

Uche nwosu was disqualified by supreme court on the ground that he is the authentic candidate because he won the first primary of the party which the party didn't clear or challenge the court ruling before conducting a fresh primary that brought hope. So having won the APC primary in eyes of the court and without waiting went ahead and contested in another party.

and according to s/c in the case of ameachi and omeha,that the person that won party primary wil be the winner if the party win in the general election。so why did s/c not declared uche as the gov。
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 02, 2020
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Ayed44: 10:26am On Jul 02, 2020
You can contest the primary of as many political parties as you like, it's not a crime. Where the problem lies is when u become the flagbearer of two different parties in same election, u will loose both.

As for the case of Uche Nwosu. Uche Nwosu was disqualified by the supreme court not because he contested the primaries of both the APC and AA. No! He was disqualified because he(Uche Nwosu) was the candidate of both the APC and AA in the same election.

Since Obaseki did not at any point lay claim to the candidature of APC, the Nwosu scenario does not apply to him(Obaseki).

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Jesusloveyou: 10:27am On Jul 02, 2020
vicdom:

Thank you very much my brother. Majority of folks here are bereft of jurisprudence in discourse. Even your friend, seunmsg, seems he's a political Nostradamus. Just take a look at his post below at the first page of this thread.

Purchase of form and screening is part of the nomination process. The nomination form he bought and submitted to APC and the screening committe’s report will be tendered as evidence before the court and he will be disqualified. It is that straightforward.

that was the issue on ground which uche nwosu appeal。but the supreme court only explain furtherr about nomination process,that even if uche only participate in the nomination process,is still illegality
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Ayed44: 10:30am On Jul 02, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
and according to s/c in the case of ameachi and omeha,that the person that won party primary wil be the winner if the party win in the general election。so why did s/c not declared uche as the gov。
It's because Uche Nwosu was disqualified from the election due to his double candidature.
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Jesusloveyou: 10:32am On Jul 02, 2020
Ayed44:
You can contest the primary of as many political parties as you like, it's not a crime. Where the problem lies is when u become the flagbearer of two different parties in same election, u will loose both.

As for the case of Uche Nwosu. Uche Nwosu was disqualified by the supreme court not because he contested the primaries of both the APC and AA. No! He was disqualified because he(Uche Nwosu) was the candidate of both the APC and AA in the same election.

Since Obaseki did not at any point lay claim to the candidature of APC, the Nwosu scenario does not apply to him(Obaseki).
s/c further explain that participating in nomination process alone has already amount to illegality
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by fergie001: 10:36am On Jul 02, 2020
vicdom:

We learn everyday though some always want to hoodwink others.

I saw it but chose not to reply him.
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by vicdom(m): 10:37am On Jul 02, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
that was the issue on ground which uche nwosu appeal。but the supreme court only explain furtherr about nomination process,that even if uche only participate in the nomination process,is still illegality
Post your own SC judgement here let me see whether it's different from the two links fergie001 earlier posted. Just throwaway emotions and be objective for once. I know that you are a staunch APC apologist, I have known you since 2016 when you maligned and lampooned POI because he was PDP candidate, but now you are singing his praises and on the other hand, making calumnious remarks against Obaseki whom you earlier extolled and eulogized then in 2016 because he was the APC candidate. Please try and be objective this time devoid of emotions.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Jesusloveyou: 10:42am On Jul 02, 2020
kutchs:

I don't know where you guys got this report you're presenting as fact here. The Supreme Court dismissed Uche Nwosu's appeal on the ground that he had two valid nominations from two parties. Uche Nwosu had a valid nomination from the APC but the internal wranglings in APC made it impossible for him to be presented as the party's candidate which made him move over to the AA from whom he secured another nomination.
This the SC ruled is against the spirit of the the electoral law. The SC was specific on the volid nominations and not the processes leading to the nominations.
you are right but s/c went further to explain after delivering the judgement,that it was even illegality to participate in nomination process which started from provurement and submission of nomination form
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by jmichael259(m): 10:44am On Jul 02, 2020
Except you didn't even allow him to contest in this case.
In Imo, Uche Nwosu lost the APC contest before hijacking AA candidacy. In Lagos Ambode lost during the primary contest and stayed put. In Edo, Oshiomole hurriedly disqualified Obaseki before the contest.
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by HappyRabbi: 10:44am On Jul 02, 2020
The Supreme Court Ruled against Uche Nwosu because he already had a valid ticket as APC candidate, according to Justice Adamu Augie,Nwosu could not "Benefit from his own iniquity" and Since the supreme Court cannot be used to Enforce illegality,Nwosu's appeal was dismissed in its entirety. But in Obasekis case,he was not yet a Valid candidate of the APC when he defected and got the PDP ticket. So the two scenario's are entirely different
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Austino50: 10:53am On Jul 02, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
thank you,
obaseki supporter that is not ipob.

the problem with ipob is that they will know the truth and still decide to argued f.o.o.l.I.s.hly.
Very Very GULLIABLE people, that is how Nnamdi Kanu who have no identifiable means of livelihood manipulates and milk them their lil resource from every where they are in the world in the name of monthly due and be living large while they address him as supreme leader.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by ospido: 11:00am On Jul 02, 2020
lalawealthy:

Bros,read very well and don't be beclouded with sentiment.2NOMINATION FORMS FROM DIFFRENT PARTIES.READ WELL.
I b OBASEKI SUPPOTER ,BUT AM WORRIED WITH THIS.I realise say we obaseki supporter don de let emotions and sentiments de becloud our sense of reasoning .we go overcome!

Bone that thing. Is he (Erahon) in PDP? He should be worried about his own candidate in APC. All these are meant to swindle the voters. After the election they can go to court.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by lomprico(m): 11:00am On Jul 02, 2020
maupe:
By Francis Onoiribholo
Wed, 1 July 20
6:37Pm

https://www.independent.ng/stop-wasting-your-resources-for-election-you-will-not-contest-in-erhahon-warns-obaseki-shaibu/

mumu! did obaseki partispate in Apc primaries?

no be you I call d mumu o! na d useless apc secretary

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by lomprico(m): 11:03am On Jul 02, 2020
lalawealthy:

he was screened out, giving room for obaseki to seek another party. the guy is a dunce.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by basadenet: 11:04am On Jul 02, 2020
But obaseki resigned from apc before and joined pdp, but nwosu never did. So it is a different scenarios.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Vatsyayana: 11:13am On Jul 02, 2020
amstamon:

y are u dis funny with ur illustration. u could have jst make ur point without dis funny illustration na. how can u still write post UTME on another uni u didn't fill in ur jamb form even if you're still within time.
foi I'm jst pinpointing your illustration, not on the discussions. thanks
Thanks for pin pointing my illustration, but it's more obvious that you don't understand my illustration. Thanks for attempting in the spirit of freedom of speech.
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by lalawealthy: 11:13am On Jul 02, 2020
IduNaOba:
APC is really JITTERY here

The Supreme court nullified Uche Nwosu nomination in AA on the account that he had contested for nomination under APC.

“As if to explain itself further to the outgoing Governor, the Supreme Court elaborated on how the relevant law nullifies the PDP candidacy for their understanding when it elaborated thus:
‘The spirit of the law forbids anyone to contest for nomination under two or more parties in same election or even start the process of being nominated by procuring the nomination form.’
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Sllimkube: 11:15am On Jul 02, 2020
lalawealthy:

My brother you are not an Obaseki supporter please

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2020
SmartProf:
See mumu talk o...how is Obaseki competing under 2 parties when he was screened out from participating in the APC primary contest? This man's analysis is so daft and grossly deficient that you will prefer listening to a cock crow, than listen to his opinion on issues. His statement has ended up announcing him as one who meets the case definition for psychiatric evaluation
Stupid people like you misled Obaseki to this point.
And stupid people are liken your empty comment.Obaseki ,by this supreme court judgement,has murdered his second term ambition.Let wait and see how it will all end in months to come.
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by lalawealthy: 11:20am On Jul 02, 2020
basadenet:
But obaseki resigned from apc before and joined pdp, but nwosu never did. So it is a different scenarios.

The spirit of the law forbids a candidate to contest for NOMINATION in different political parties..
The key word is nomination.

He contested for nomination in APC And was disqualified and went to PDP and was qualified if this is true,am afraid wahala de!
Make we de reason objectively,sentiment aside!
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Vatsyayana: 11:21am On Jul 02, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
supreme court is not daft to know is impossible to be disquilified from one party and purchase form in another party in the same election,they knew that according to inec time table, nobody can participate in nomination process and stil be able to obtain form in another party because of the time frame。all party sold form and to be submitted at the same time in line with inec time table。 cc racoon esseite
It's not about the Supreme Court knowing whether this is possible or not to obtain for in another party. The Supreme does not make laws, they only interpret. What it's about is for the Supreme Court to interpret the Electoral Act. And the Supreme Court is not daft to know that the Electoral Act does not prevent the actions of Gov. Obaseki in this case. I will cite the The Ogun State APC Primary Election scenario in 2015 as my reference point where Akinlade lost in the primaries and joined another party.
Some nairalanders have become overnight Senior Advocates on social media.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by 7lives: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2020
Esseite:

He didnt buy two nomination forms at the same time... he was screened out of one before going for the other, he never participated in both primaries..

Okay o
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Dmano: 11:27am On Jul 02, 2020
Jesusloveyou:
you end up not countering his submission.

read it again and again without sentiment.

the supreme court says to participate in two or more nomination process. or to even purchased two nomination form.

hahahahahaha
Uche Nwuso,contested and won,the APC primary but was replace by Hope and he went and contested under AA and won again,meaning he was the candidate of two political party,gets sense
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by lalawealthy: 11:27am On Jul 02, 2020
saintokwuluora:

The grounds for Supreme court disqualification of Uche Nwosu was not that he bought nomination forms from two parties but because he was already validly nominated by APC before he went to AA and also got nominated thereby making him double candidate. Obaseki was not allowed to participate in the primary election of APC talkless of being nominated by the party before leaving for PDP.

Bros,get it right;
He contested for nomination, not nominated...
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by basadenet: 11:34am On Jul 02, 2020
lalawealthy:

The Supreme court nullified Uche Nwosu nomination in AA on the account that he had contested for nomination under APC.

“As if to explain itself further to the outgoing Governor, the Supreme Court elaborated on how the relevant law nullifies the PDP candidacy for their understanding when it elaborated thus:
‘The spirit of the law forbids anyone to contest for nomination under two or more parties in same election or even start the process of being nominated by procuring the nomination form.’

But the same did not tell us if nwosu resigned or not. But with my own layman's look, if he resigned, them he should be able to contest in another platform, so far the closing window is still open.
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Laboni: 12:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
ralphelo:

Stupid people like you misled Obaseki to this point.
And stupid people are liken your empty comment.Obaseki ,by this supreme court judgement,has murdered his second term ambition.Let wait and see how it will all end in months to come.
You’re the stupid one here.. Post the Supreme Court judgement you’re quoting here let everyone see.
Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by kaludestiny10(m): 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
tesppidd:
Aired?

As in they gassed or polluted the air?
Erred, it was a mistake Professor abi God of English language cheesy

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 02, 2020
Na wa o. But Obaseki was disqualified from APC primaries, he didn't participate in it. He filled/submitted nomination forms and underwent screening is different from taking part in the primaries itself.
In any case, which part of our constitution actually says if you lose out in 1 party's primaries, that you can't go to another party to pick it's ticket? Many people did this in the past and some even ended up winning the main elections - like Ikedi Ohakim did in Imo State in 2007. He lost the PDP governorship ticket and on Obasanjo's advice, went to PPA to pick their ticket, won the Governorship election and then went back to PDP.
See, to me honestly, that judgement was faulty and this is how people - both now and in future, will keep using all these stupid useless faulty court judgements as reference points.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Erahon: Obaseki Can't Compete Under 2 Parties, It's Illegal by NaMeAboki: 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
SmartProf:
See mumu talk o...how is Obaseki competing under 2 parties when he was screened out from participating in the APC primary contest? This man's analysis is so daft and grossly deficient that you will prefer listening to a cock crow, than listen to his opinion on issues. His statement has ended up announcing him as one who meets the case definition for psychiatric evaluation

Did you read this part of the write up?
"‘The spirit of the law forbids anyone to contest for nomination under two or more parties in same election or even start the process of being nominated by procuring the nomination form.’'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi Attends Lord's Chosen Bi-annual Program / Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise / Scores Of Boko Haram Members Feared Dead In Battle With Troops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.