Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,570 members, 7,823,488 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. (1435 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Mistakes That Led To Secessionist’s Arrest / Niger Delta Congress To IPOB: ‘No Secessionist Group Can Annex Us’ / Danladi Umar: Abuja Mob That Attacked Me Chanted Secessionist Slogans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:23am On Jul 02, 2020
kingzizzy:

And how do you hope to get Nigeria restructured when almost half of the country dies not want it? Restructuring is largely a Southern Nigerian thing. Up North, they dont want to hear anything called restructuring
Southern Nigeria Should Come in one voice first and see as some of them(the politicians as most of the emirs are not Against it.) left with no other option.
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by allthingsgood: 8:26am On Jul 02, 2020
kingzizzy:

And how do you hope to get Nigeria restructured when almost half of the country dies not want it? Restructuring is largely a Southern Nigerian thing. Up North, they dont want to hear anything called restructuring

This is the baseless lie y'all keep telling yourselves. South wants restructuring because I bliv south has oil abi. Apart from the fact that oil is getting less profitable everyday, if fg gave control over oil to states, the state governor's and politicians will still hijack the entire resources and still not pay salaries or any meaningful development. This administration has pumped in billions into the states coffers like never before yet with nothing to show for it
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by helinues: 8:26am On Jul 02, 2020
Sammy07:

Oga, when we were operating 3 / 4 regions everyone is doing fine.

Let's assuming restructuring is not achievable, are the regions in Nigeria still going to remain underdeveloped?
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by kingzizzy: 8:26am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

When I said it can't work, I'll give you insights.
We're entangled in Nigeria already, all the tribes has many of their businesses, properties outside their region. These people are the big fishes that if they do not support secession, it'll never happen. They'll never support it because they won't want to lose their properties, businesses and properties. Do you think if the Kings, politicians and business men/women supports this current agitation for biafra by Ipob it will be this hard for the organization? I have never seen a big man that talk in support or agitate for Biafra, only commoners do.

Can you be more entangled than UK that has been together over 300 years but Scotland got referendum in 2014?

Can you be more entangled than Eritrea and Ethiopia thst were together over 400 years but Eritrea left Ethiopia in the 1990's?

Can you be more entangled than Catalonia that has been with Spain over 500 years but want their independence?

But Nigeria that is just a little over 100 years old is where you are entangled? Laughable

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Madmohamed419(m): 8:26am On Jul 02, 2020
omenka:
I am probably more pro-biafra than late Cownu Ohamadiot.

If I could have my way, before sunset, those five villages will be carved out of Nigeria and have all biafrans deported out of Nigeria back to their land under a week.

I hate what I don't like.
only God kn the way I hate this gay .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:26am On Jul 02, 2020
Sammy07:
I don't want this country to be restructured.

I prefer either we break away or Operate Regional government

At bolded, It's going to be part of Restructuring
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:28am On Jul 02, 2020
kingzizzy:

Can you be more entangled than UK that has been together over 300 years but Scotland got referendum in 2014?

Can you be more entangled than Eritrea and Ethiopia thst were together over 400 years but Eritrea left Ethiopia in the 1990's?

Can you be more entangled than Catalonia that has been with Spain over 500 years but want their independence?

But Nigeria that is just a little over 100 years old is where you are entangled? Laughable
Okay
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 02, 2020
85% of Nigerians ko, 99% of Liberians ni.

IPOB Bureau of Statistics haff come again.

Anyway, anyone who still thinks that Nigeria will be better in future should realize that that was what those who lived in 1970s said.

Be rest assured that that is the same thing your own children will say in 40 years time.

It is not a curse, it is a fact.

Expecting that one day Nigeria will get it right is like expecting all the National Assembly members to have the interest of ordinary Nigerians at heart.

It's never going to be.

Even if you have the best president that has ever walked the surface of the earth elected in Nigeria, he will fail because the system was designed to fail.

1 Like

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Sammy07: 8:30am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
[/b]
At bolded, It's going to be part of Restructuring

you think so?

They won't do it that way, I swear.
That is why I don't want this country to be restructured cos they will still hijacked it.

I prefer We dissolve or Operate regional government.

1 Like

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Sammy07: 8:32am On Jul 02, 2020
helinues:

Let's assuming restructuring is not achievable, are the regions in Nigeria still going to remain underdeveloped?

The regions will develop at a pace of 10%

instead of 30 - 35% if we operate regional government
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:32am On Jul 02, 2020
Sammy07:

you think so?

They won't do it that way, I swear.
That is why I don't want this country to be restructured cos they will still hijacked it.

I prefer We dissolve or Operate regional government.
Even, it was part of 2014 convab that GEJ kept due to his ambition
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2020
FrLukas:
85% of Nigerians ko, 99% of Liberians ni.

IPOB Bureau of Statistics haff come again.

Anyway, anyone who still thinks that Nigeria will be better in future should realize that that was what those who lived in 1970s said.

Be rest assured that that is the same thing your own children will say in 40 years time.

It is not a curse, it is a fact.

Expecting that one day Nigeria will get it right is like expecting all the National Assembly members to have the interest of ordinary Nigerians at heart.

It's never going to be.

Even if you have the best president that has ever walked the surface of the earth elected in Nigeria, he will fail because the system was designed to fail.

Apt. We need restructuring
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Sammy07: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Even, it was even part of 2014 convab that GEJ kept due to his ambition

It wasn't cos I read it and I still have it.

What they did is to merge some agencies together, redesign some functions etc.

in short, I think to reduce government expenses
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by johnmartus(m): 8:34am On Jul 02, 2020
Why did you denied your identity. Secondly nobody against secession except the politicians. What we on nairaland are saying is that if you want to seceded from Nigeria do it in a right way. Dont see anyone as your enemy .
bigpriik:
I notice 85% of Nigerians are again secession , maybe because they see it as an igbo only agenda .now I have a question for you? For almost ten years the we have being seeking restructuring but the request is always swept under the carpet , ok let's stage a revolution and get our country back yet nobody wants to die normally Nigerians are cowards,
Now since you are all against secession or balkanization of the country what is the way foward? Is it that we do not hope to see a better Nigeria in our lifetime? In fact what is the guaranty that your children children will see a better Nigeria?

I am always a fan of seccesion not because I am an Igbo man but because I believe it will give everyone the opportunity to start afresh and learn from the previous mistakes.i really want to see a better Africa in my lifetime and I believe it will happen in BiAfra.
Please share you meaning opinions.
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:34am On Jul 02, 2020
Sammy07:

It wasn't cos I read it and I still have it.

What they did is to merge some agencies together, redesign some functions etc.

in short, I think you reduce government expenses
Are you for real
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by kingzizzy: 8:35am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Southern Nigeria Should Come in one voice first and see as some of them(the politicians as most of the emirs are not Against it.) left with no other option.

Even if Southern Nigeria came up with one voice that Nigeria should be restructured, it is still impossible to restructure. The reason is that restructuring involves changing of the constitution. To change the constitution, you must get 67% or two thirds of both the upper and lower houses of the national assembly as well as two thirds of the state assembly of all 36 states in Nigeria to vote for restructuring. The core North, who dont want restructuring, control over 40% of the national assembly and 13 states of the federation, it is impossible

The only people who talk about restructuring are those who dont know about impossible it is to achieve

1 Like

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by agulion: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2020
bigpriik:

How sure are you? Is there any region or country in the world that is self sufficient?Is that not the reason why we have international trade?does England not import 60% of her food?
Well am not surprise you are an average African myopic thinking
don't mind him he is an average Yoruba Muslim, they reason with their anus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by helinues: 8:36am On Jul 02, 2020
Sammy07:

The regions will develop at a pace of 10%

instead of 30 - 35% if we operate regional government

Same excuse the politicians have been telling us..
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Sammy07: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Are you for real

I can send you a copy via mail.
It's plenty (over 500pages I think), except if I didn't see where "Regional government" Is written
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:39am On Jul 02, 2020
kingzizzy:

Even Southern Nigeria came up with one voice that Nigeria should be restructured, it is still impossible to restructure. The reason is that restructuring involves changing of the constitution. To change the constitution, you must get 67% or two thirds of both the upper and lower houses of the national assembly as well as two thirds of the state assembly of all 36 states in Nigeria to vote for restructuring. The core North, who dont want restructuring, controlling over 40% of the national assembly and 13 states of the federation, it is impossible

The only people who talk about restructuring are those who dont know about impossible it is to achieve
At least, let the voice be heard first. It's much more easier to secession
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Sammy07: 8:40am On Jul 02, 2020
helinues:

Same excuse the politicians have been telling us..

It's not what they have been telling us, but what we've witness.

If we compare then to now.
You would agree that We are doing great when we're operating regional government compared to now.
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:42am On Jul 02, 2020
Sammy07:

I can send you a copy via mail.
It's plenty (over 500pages I think), except if I didn't see where "Regional government" Is written
I appreciate. I had it before but browsed through it before my phone was stolen. I'll look for it online, don't wanna leave my identity on NL cheesy
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:42am On Jul 02, 2020
agulion:
don't mind him he is an average Yoruba Muslim, they reason with their anus
Don't bring this here please. This is serious deliberation

1 Like

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by helinues: 8:44am On Jul 02, 2020
Sammy07:

It's not what they have been telling us, but what we've witness.

If we compare then to now.
You would agree that We are doing great when we're operating regional government compared to now.

UK, US, France, Germany are all operating central Government.

Africa politicians have failed..... The loans they have been collecting for projects, where are those projects?

We need to face the reality..
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Sammy07: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

I appreciate. I had it before but browsed through it before my phone was stolen. I'll look for it online, don't wanna leave my identity on NL cheesy

Oh! Okay then.
I'll still have to review it, if I can see anything like regional government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:
[/b]
Apt. We need restructuring

Too late for restructuring.

At least, over 40 years late.

Restructuring immediately after the war would have worked.

Now? I don't think so.

The foundation is rotten.

The people who will define the terms of restructuring and also implement it are the worst corrupt public officials in the history of public officials...The Nigerian National Assembly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2020
FrLukas:

Too late for restructuring.

At least, over 40 years late.

Restructuring immediately after the war would have worked.

Now? I don't think so.

The foundation is rotten.

The people who will define the terms of restructuring and also implement it are the worst corrupt public officials in the history of public officials...The Nigerian National Assembly.

I know, the MAJOR problem of Nigeria is HER CONSTITUTION! Should we now clamour for The military
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Sammy07: 8:48am On Jul 02, 2020
helinues:

UK, US, France, Germany are all operating central Government.

Africa politicians have failed..... The loans they have been collecting for projects, where are those projects?

We need to face the reality..

When we were operating regional government.

you would agree that we're doing better than some Europe counties.

We had 1st TV station before some Europeans

we have a skyscraper.

We have thinking Leaders everything is going smooth.

Do you think if we're still opetating it, we wont be better than some Countries in Europe?

Both the system and our leaders have failed, but if the system works, the leaders will make use of their heads.

1 Like

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

I know, the MAJOR problem of Nigeria is HER CONSTITUTION! Should we now clamour for The military

The Constitution isn't exactly the problem.

The problem is the people of Nigeria.

We have laws that we have failed to implement.

We have leaders that have failed to evolve consciences.

We have a people who have failed to evolve a consciousness of what is right and wrong.

We have a people who have decided to support their corrupt tormentors.

We have a people who cant be bothered about the affairs of their nation as long as they and their families eat 3 times a day.

We have a people who would even be more corrupt than their corrupt leaders if they ever get into power.

We have a people who look for ways to cheat the system and break the laws without repercussion.

We have a people who identify positively with corrupt public officials as long as they are of the same ethnic background and religion.

We have a set of youths who support online scammers like Hushpuppy and others.

We have a set of youths who are more interested in following the latest trends and challenges on social media.

We have a gigantic problem in Nigeria and it isn't the Constitution.

We have a long way to go in this country called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by ThatFairGuy1: 9:07am On Jul 02, 2020
FrLukas:

The Constitution isn't exactly the problem.

The problem is the people of Nigeria.

We have laws that we have failed to implement.

We have leaders that have failed to evolve consciences.

We have a people who have failed to evolve a consciousness of what is right and wrong.

We have a people who have decided to support their corrupt tormentors.

We have a people who cant be bothered about the affairs of their nation as long as they and their families eat 3 times a day.

We have a people who would even be more corrupt than their corrupt leaders if they ever get into power.

We have a people who look for ways to cheat the system and break the laws without repercussion.

We have a people who identify positively with corrupt public officials as long as they are of the same ethnic background and religion.

We have a set of youths who support online scammers like Hushpuppy and others.

We have a youth who are more interested in following the latest trends and challenges on social media.

We have a gigantic problem in Nigeria and it isn't the Constitution.

We have a long way to go in this country called Nigeria.
That's human being NATURALLY, they'll act in such manner but an enforced law will prevent them from such.
I'm still saying, our problem is the Constitution. The law that could sanction who stole pestle and mortal into 168yrs inprisonment but ask who stole billions of retired police officer to pay meagre amount as fine, it needs to be reviewed. If it's reviewed and make effective, all you've listed would cease or even reduced drastically!
Re: Anti- Secessionist Come In Here Let's Talk. by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 02, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

That's human being NATURALLY, they'll act in such manner but an enforced law will prevent them from such.
I'm still saying, our problem is the Constitution. The law that could sanction who stole pestle and mortal into 168yrs inprisonment but ask who stole billions of retired police officer to pay meagre amount as fine, it needs to be reviewed. If it's reviewed and make effective, all you've listed would cease or even reduced drastically!

And who are those that will change the constitution?

Isn't it the same corrupt public officials that benefit from an inefficient Constitution?

Do you think they will change the constitution to include death sentence for corrupt public officials?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpabio Wanted Me To Award N5billion For Equipment We Already Had - Joy Nunieh / Serious Cracks In Lagos APC As Abiru Grabs Lagos East Senatorial Ticket Unjustly / IPOB TO JOIN #ENDSARS PROTEST BY NEXT WEEK MONDAY-NNAMDI KANU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.