Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets (2778 Views)

This Is Foundation Peter Obi Laid In Anambra And Should Be Arrested(photos) / 5 G Network Is Already Been Laid In Nigeria By Mtn -fani Kayode / How I Escaped The Siege Laid In My Home – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 8:00am On Jul 02, 2020
Recently, I have been seeing these colourful cables being laid in trenches along inner street networks in Lagos, Nigeria.

Does anyone know what these cables are for as there are no signs around them indicating the project being undertaken? Telecommunication companies normally lay their cables along major roads but these are being laid in narrow trenches along inner streets. I hope this has nothing to do with the 5G technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0Pr2I12q0

1 Share

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by ericuzor(m): 8:06am On Jul 02, 2020
Am also interested to know.

Seun take this to front page .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by mamaafrik(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2020
Those are fibre optical communication cable ,to be used to feed the streets With internet signals after completion,it is mainly handled by mainone in the South West.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 8:18am On Jul 02, 2020
Is it 5G? Could this be what our Chinese visitors came for?
mamaafrik:
Those are fibre optical cable to feed the streets With internet signals ,it is mainly handled by mainone in the South West.
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by mamaafrik(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Is it 5G? Could this be what our Chinese visitors came for?
no,no 5g presently in Nigeria but that will feed your home with signal for fast internet browsing when completed.

Check below:

https://www.ncc.gov.ng/media-centre/public-notices/817-new-nigerian-national-broadband-plan-2020-2025

2 Likes

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2020
Spectranet 4G wifi is already doing that.
mamaafrik:
no,no 5g presently in Nigeria but that will feed your home with signal for fast internet browsing when completed.

https://www.ncc.gov.ng › 817-new-...
New Nigerian National Broadband Plan 2020 - 2025
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 8:27am On Jul 02, 2020
The link u shared is broken. It is linking to the homepage
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by mamaafrik(m): 8:39am On Jul 02, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Spectranet 4G wifi is already doing that.
doing what please??
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 8:45am On Jul 02, 2020
Supplying my home with internet. The real question is : are these cables in preparation for 5G? They look more advanced that the former ones laid on major roads. Something is not being said.
mamaafrik:
doing what please??
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by mamaafrik(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2020
StagethemTVee:
The link u shared is broken. It is linking to the homepage
sorry kindly recheck
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by Ciscogod(m): 8:48am On Jul 02, 2020
And what if its 5G ? I dont know why blacks fear what they dont know ? whats the difference between 4G and 5G still same Spectrum

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by SarkinYarki: 8:49am On Jul 02, 2020
mamaafrik:
Those are fibre optical communication cable ,to be used to feed the streets With internet signals after completion,it is mainly handled by mainone in the South West.

So you believe that Lagos Broad band initiative nonsense cheesy grin. Lagos that cannot provide pipeborne water to its citizen wants to provide Broadband ? cheesy cheesy. ..Abeg that's Huawei hiding under Lagos State govt ringing the city with the fibre optics last mile from street level 5g radio bases

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by mamaafrik(m): 8:50am On Jul 02, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Supplying my home with internet. The real question is : are these cables in preparation for 5G? They look more advanced that the former ones laid on major roads. Something is not being said.
the channel is the same 4G ,5G,this is for truck C routes that will feed the streets.
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by mamaafrik(m): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2020
SarkinYarki:

So you believe that Lagos Broad band initiative nonsense cheesy grin. Lagos that cannot provide pipeborne water to its citizen wants to provide Broadband ? cheesy cheesy. ..Abeg that's Huawei hiding under Lagos State govt ringing the city with the fibre optics last mile from street level 5g radio bases
It isn't only lagos,NCC is in charge

1 Like

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by Lipscomb(m): 8:52am On Jul 02, 2020
So what will now happen if its 5G?
StagethemTVee:

2 Likes

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by SarkinYarki: 8:55am On Jul 02, 2020
mamaafrik:
It isn't only lagos,NCC is in charge

Oga they are trenching fibre optics for 5g street level cell nodes and nothing else so don't play yourself with this your spin .. that how its done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xkkfsz8WZ8
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by SarkinYarki: 8:57am On Jul 02, 2020
StagethemTVee:

That the fibre optics cabling and trenching for 5g to supply last mile 5g cell nodes radios at street level ..don't let anyone deceive U

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by SarkinYarki: 9:04am On Jul 02, 2020
Ciscogod:
And what if its 5G ? I dont know why blacks fear what they dont know ? whats the difference between 4G and 5G still same Spectrum

There 3 different bands of 5g , it's only the low level band ( vanilla) that's in the same spectrum as 4g so get your facts right Mr Cisco
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by Akaegwu(m): 9:13am On Jul 02, 2020
Lipscomb:
So what will now happen if its 5G?
You relocate to your village.
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by bisoye11(m): 9:22am On Jul 02, 2020
Those are telecom cables, Fibre optics.
I believe 5g network is here already, just watch glo animation advert featuring yemi alade and labaja, watch carefully with corona pandemic in mind..

1 Like

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by Beremx(f): 9:26am On Jul 02, 2020
They are laying cables on inner roads that are deplorable. They have damaged virtually all the roads I have seen them laying the cables. They have created more potopoto than tarred roads.

1 Like

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2020
Why is our government so deceptive?
SarkinYarki:

That the fibre optics cabling and trenching for 5g to supply last mile 5g cell nodes radios at street level ..don't let anyone deceive U

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 9:35am On Jul 02, 2020
Lalasticlala

This is so wrong of the Government. They say one thing and do another. No project signs to identify what is being done. This is not democracy. The people need to speak up more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by Akaegwu(m): 9:41am On Jul 02, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Lalasticlala

This is so wrong of the Government. They say one thing and do another. No project signs to identify what is being done. This is not democracy. The people need to speak up more.
Learn how to investigate issues before drawing conclusions.
This 5G you people are afraid of is already in use in United States of America. Check GSM Arena for facts. Don't join the bandwagon of conspiracy theorists.

3 Likes

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by Anambra1stS0n: 9:51am On Jul 02, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Recently, I have been seeing these colourful cables being laid in trenches along inner street networks in Lagos, Nigeria.

Does anyone know what these cables are for as there are no signs around them indicating the project being undertaken? Telecommunication companies normally lay their cables along major roads but these are being laid in narrow trenches along inner streets. I hope this has nothing to do with the 5G technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ0Pr2I12q0

I saw similar project going on in inner streets in Awka.
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by OlujobaSamuel: 9:52am On Jul 02, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Is your fear about 5g or the cable being installed?
The cable is meant for fibre optic installation, when 5g comes, if not currently in Nigeria, it will definitely utilize those installations too.
It's a private sector project, however states charge the telecommunications company that owns it for it. They are charged right of way at different sum per metre, with states having different charges, some a thousand plus, some less, so you should call out your state government to repair the damaged roads.
Just check out this link https://www.punchng.com/telecoms-operators-demand-removal-of-right-of-way-charges/%3famp=1

2 Likes

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 10:12am On Jul 02, 2020
This is not about conspiracy. It's about what the Government says and what they do. Last i checked, they said there were no plans for 5G installation in Nigeria yet. A goverment that can't lay its cards on the table and be honest cannot be trusted. If these are cables in preparation for 5G, then the government has not been forthcoming with the governed. I am not even talking about the effects or otherwise of the installation yet.
Akaegwu:

Learn how to investigate issues before drawing conclusions.
This 5G you people are afraid of is already in use in United States of America. Check GSM Arena for facts. Don't join the bandwagon of conspiracy theorists.

2 Likes

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by Tunde835(m): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2020
They are fiber internet cables used to supply internet to homes through laser like light in wires, dey ar faster than wireless signals and dey can go long distances without losing signal

1 Like

Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by Tunde835(m): 10:56am On Jul 02, 2020
StagethemTVee:
This is not about conspiracy. It's about what the Government says and what they do. Last i checked, they said there were no plans for 5G installation in Nigeria yet. A goverment that can't lay its cards on the table and be honest cannot be trusted. If these are cables in preparation for 5G, then the government has not been forthcoming with the governed. I am not even talking about the effects or otherwise of the installation yet.
fiber is different from 5g, 5g is wireless while fiber uses small glass fiber to transmit data with the pulse of light dey ar extremely fast and reach average speeds of 1gb per second
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 2:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
A lot of contradicting opinions. Are these cables going to be used for 5G? Fibre has been with us forever, hasn't it?
Re: Multicoloured Cable Lines Being Dug And Laid In Lagos Inner Streets by StagethemTVee: 4:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
They finally got to my gate today

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fani Kayode Visit Gov Obiano At Onitsha Governor's Lodge- PICTURES / I Am Blushing Right Now,igbos Are Finally On Yoruba’s Side / Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho: Buhari’s Govt Extremely Brainless – Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.