Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate (1967 Views)

Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Governors Move To Hijack PDP From Jonathan / Jonathan To Take Sullivan Chime As Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by Abagworo(m): 3:17am On Feb 01, 2011
Court bars PDP from fielding Chime as Enugu guber candidate
From GODWIN TSA, Abuja
Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The political ambition of the incumbent Governor of Enugu State, Sulllivan Chime has ran into troubled waters as a Federal High Court on Thusday restrained the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from submitting his name as its candidate for the April 2011 governorship election in Enugu State. INEC’s decision subsists pending the determination of an action questioning Chime’s purported nomination.
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by EzeUche2(m): 3:20am On Feb 01, 2011
What the hell is wrong with Enugu PDP?

Sullivan Chime is the most progressive Igbo governor.
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by otokx(m): 3:31am On Feb 01, 2011
Is this a case of medicine after death?
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by Abagworo(m): 3:40am On Feb 01, 2011
EzeUche_:

What the hell is wrong with Enugu PDP?

Sullivan Chime is the most progressive Igbo governor.

He is the only useful Governor.

Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by EzeUche2(m): 3:44am On Feb 01, 2011
Abagworo:

He is the only useful Governor.

Enugu is such a beautiful city. Truly the capital of Igboland. I would love to have a home in Enugu one day.
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by jason123: 3:48am On Feb 01, 2011
Enugu looks beautiful!!! smiley
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by Nsiman(m): 7:44am On Feb 01, 2011
But chime's name is among the guber candidates submitted by pdp to inec according to reports
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by Nsiman(m): 7:45am On Feb 01, 2011
But chime's name is among the guber candidates submitted by pdp to inec according to reports
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by ekubear1: 7:48am On Feb 01, 2011
That is a nice road.
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by fstranger1: 7:56am On Feb 01, 2011
jason123:

Enugu looks beautiful!!! smiley

Ode ni e
How are you so sure that those pictures were taken in Enugu

For all I know, until proven otherwise, those pictures show Lagos roads.

Ibos are too stupidd to do the right thing.
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by Chyz2: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2011
Enugu is beautiful indeed.One would wonder why a party would be against a governor that has performed so enormously.
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by marcus1234: 8:00am On Feb 01, 2011
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by saintneo(m): 8:04am On Feb 01, 2011
Guys, some of these roads sampled here were built by the former Governor Chimaroke (I am not his fan though); however, Sullivan did a lot of good works in the inner places such as Abakpa (Housing Estate my domain) and Trans-Ekulu, paid the civil servants as at when due, took care of retired civil servants, maintained peace and tranquillity in the state, reduced cultism (ESUT). Also, he is working together with other Igbo governors to achieve the necessary improvements required in the Igbo states such as International Airport, Manufacturing Industries and Electricity Generation and Coal Mining. He is absolutely a rare gem amongst the Igbo governors.
This court action is as a result of his detractors that feel that the state treasury should be used for their personal benefit. It will never work. Enugu has come of age, Igbo people have come of age, Nigeria has come of age to know that we require good governance not eye-service and praise singing
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by fstranger1: 8:07am On Feb 01, 2011
saintneo:

Guys, some of these roads sampled here were built by the former Governor Chimaroke (I am not his fan though); however, Sullivan did a lot of good works in the inner places such as Abakpa (Housing Estate my domain) and Trans-Ekulu, paid the civil servants as at when due, took care of retired civil servants, maintained peace and tranquillity in the state, reduced cultism (ESUT).

And I guess he paid for all of these from his own personal pocket? or why would he be deserving of our collective commendation? Doofus bombomclats!
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by Chyz2: 8:14am On Feb 01, 2011
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by saintneo(m): 8:19am On Feb 01, 2011
fstranger1:

And I guess he paid for all of these from his own personal pocket? or why would he be deserving of our collective commendation? Doofus bombomclats!
[size=18pt]EXCUSE ME!
WHY THE HELL ARE YOU RAINING INSULT ON MY POST STRANGER? I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU STAND DOWN FROM THIS DESPICABLE ACT.
I NEVER WROTE HE DID THESE WITH HIS PERSONAL MONEY; I AM ONLY PRAISING HIS EFFECTIVENESS. KINDLY DESIST FROM THIS KIND OF RUBBISH, BECAUSE I AM NOT OPEN FOR ANY STUPID CONFRONTATION.
[/size]
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by ekubear1: 8:20am On Feb 01, 2011
Maybe this summer I'll have the time and money to visit Igboland. Some of ya'll will have to mention a good (safe!) hotel to go to, different sights to see.
Re: Court Bars Pdp From Fielding Chime As Enugu Guber Candidate by naijaking1: 12:34pm On Feb 01, 2011
The governor's chances are very limited now. Being out of the country at the time the decision was issued, and with the deadline alomst here, I doubt whether he can turn things around.

(1) (Reply)

The Sad Story Of A Sw Pastor Who Lost Everything In Sokoto / Breaking News!!! Seun Has Resigned!!! / Prof. Soyinka Blast First Lady, Called Her "Shepopotamus"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.