Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:01 AM

Six Things That Grieve The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Things That Grieve The Holy Spirit (201 Views)

Six Things Christain Youths Should Engage In / #Endsars: Six Things Every Christians Should Never Engage In. / Six Things A Christian Should Never Do - Tunde Korede (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Six Things That Grieve The Holy Spirit by Missyajoke(f): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2020
Good morning everyone, I hope we all had a Good night rest grin grin grin grin .Am here to share a little message titled " SIX THINGS THAT GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT"

" Let all bitterness, wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all the malice" (Ephesians 4:31) . Paul identifies six things that grieve the Holy Spirit:

Bitterness
Wrath
Anger
Clamour
Evil speaking
Malice

Look at this list closely. Most of these things can be held internally for a fairly long period of time without others knowing what is going on inside. Eventually, however, what is festering inside us is going to erupt, and these vile wounds will make us offensive to the Holy Spirit and to those we are sent to serve.

Bitterness : A person can live with bitterness for years, but eventually that bitterness is going to leak out. It is going to manifest itself in acid remarks that corrode relationship, weaken the mettle of our peace, and ultimately cause depression or illness. More insidiously, it is going to manifest iyself in unforgiveness. And when we choose not to forgive others, we limit the forgiveness of God toward us. Jesus said, " Forgive, and ye shall be forgiven" ( Luke 6:37 )
When we forgive the cancer of bitterness cannot take hold of our soul and the Holy Spirit is free to flood our Lives with blessings of God.

Wrath : Wrath is rooted in a spirit of revenge. It is a strong desire to get even, to destroy one's enemy, and in the process to advance one's own personal power and position. A person can plot revenge for years and never act on it. What eventually happens is that they become so consumed with revenge that they no longer have the time or inclination to think about ways of advancing the Gospel. The person who is consumed with revenge cannot witness to the person they desire to see destroyed. "Oh," some say, " I'm leaving vengeance up to the Lord". And in the next breath they are whispering, " I just wish God would hurry up and deal with them!" That's the spirit if wrath at work. Anytime you desire something bad to happen to another person the you're captivated and obsessed with wrath. The Holy spirit flows through people who have yielded themselves to Him in love.

Anger: Anger is actually rooted in a desire for power, being denied something we want or think we deserve. When we feel this acute sense of losing control over a situation, we lash out and become abusive. One of the things we have to understand about abuse is that those who abuse are not acting out of hatred. They are acting out of a desire to show or regain power. Anger is saying, " I'm going to get mine," " I deserve more," " I'm not being treated fairly," " I'm not being shown the dignity and respect I deserve." Anger can reside in a person long before it manifests itself, and all the while it will grieve the Holy Spirit and hold us back.

Clamour: To clamour is to make noise or shout in a way that is disruptive. Clamour is rooted in general restlessness because something is perceived to be missing or lacking. A person clamours to be heard when he feels left out or unnoticed. He clamours for more when he feels cheated, shortchanged, or deprived. Inside clamour is a feeling of frustration. There are people who always seem to be stirring up the pot, bringing up past hurts, nagging for more or agitating for something else.

Evil Speaking : is injuring another's good name, slandering or uttering a deformatory statement or report. We may explode, lashing out at others close to us and even those we love deeply. Whether thinking or actually saying it, evil speaking will destroy our lives. Eventually evil speaking will keep a believer from thinking the thoughts of Christ.

Malice : To have malice is to be motivated by hatred. It is the ultimate in moral inferiority and decay because it is the opposite of love.... Malice is at the root of disharmony. It gives rise to prejudice, bigotry, and many forms of retaliatory, hurtful words and harmful deeds

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Work And Pray / The Truth About Christianity And Other Religions / God Does Not Stay In Heaven. He Rules From Heaven. God Stays Here....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.