Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Are We Living In The Last Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Living In The Last Days? (556 Views)

What Kind Of Ignorant Life Are We Living Here On Earth? / The Divine Pattern Of Wealth Transfer In The Last Days - Joseph Prince Sermon / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2020
Looking at the present world condition do you think we are leaving in the last days?
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2020
Last days of what? Coronavirus? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by neonly: 7:34pm On Jul 02, 2020
Hmmmmmm dat a hard question bro
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
When it is cloudy dark and the wind bloweth cold air, do ye not say that it is going to rain?

If ye can tell the times and seasons how can ye not discern the times?
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by karo93: 8:25pm On Jul 02, 2020
No. There's nothing happening now that hasnt happened before....

Infact things have been worse....

3 Likes

Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Heathen777(m): 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
There's no such thing as the end of the world.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 11:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Heathen777:
There's no such thing as the end of the world.
if you mean the end of this planet sure this planet is not going to end but what about the wicked people in it?
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Last days of what? Coronavirus? undecided
this system of things or should i say era
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
Andy15:
LOL... era of what though? undecided
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 07, 2020
Andy15:

Hmmm!

The bolded is a spiritual language as in speaking in tongues! undecided
Only members of my global family speaks that language!
Good morning my brother! smiley
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 8:21am On Jul 07, 2020
Kobojunkie:
LOL... era of what though? undecided
the era of satan controlling the world
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Heathen777(m): 1:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
Andy15:
if you mean the end of this planet sure this planet is not going to end but what about the wicked people in it?

Nothing happens to them, other than what we enforce. The concept of wicked or evil is fundamentally subjective, who's to say you aren't evil or good. And if a justice system exist in some after life scenario, then the christian model of justice is lacking. For one, it doesn't matter how attrocious or tragic your actions are, as long as you apologize and accept christ and all that, then you are going to heaven, and if you don't do things that brings harm or tragedy or suffering to your fellow man but refuse to accept or believe in christ, you would be damned for all eternity.

This is a childish, inhumane, and poorly conceived system of justice.

1 Like

Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Jul 07, 2020
Andy15:
the era of satan controlling the world
Satan controlling the world? undecided
When did his control start? undecided
What evidence do you have of his control of the world? undecided
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by AristocraticMe: 4:00pm On Jul 07, 2020
Andy15:
Looking at the present world condition do you think we are leaving in the last days?
The last days started when Jesus ascended to heaven....... the last did not just start now.
We world has seen more greater tragedy than this... Black Death, Famine and so on........... We all just need to try and live right. i am not perfect either i just trying to make a point.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 11:32am On Jul 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Satan controlling the world? undecided
When did his control start? undecided
What evidence do you have of his control of the world? undecided
read 1 john 5:19
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 11:42am On Jul 08, 2020
AristocraticMe:
The last days started when Jesus ascended to heaven....... the last did not just start now.
We world has seen more greater tragedy than this... Black Death, Famine and so on........... We all just need to try and live right. i am not perfect either i just trying to make a point.
well 1 timothy 3:1-5 and matthew 24:7,8 tells us of the things that would happen during the last days and its not as if these things havent been happening but they have become more pronounced during our time particularly after the first world war.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Kobojunkie: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2020
Andy15:
read 1 john 5:19

1 John 5 vs 16-13
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Suppose you see your fellow believer sinning (sin that does not lead to eternal death). You should pray for them. Then God will give them life. I am talking about people whose sin does not lead to eternal death. There is sin that leads to death. I don’t mean that you should pray about that kind of sin.
17. Doing wrong is always sin. But there is sin that does not lead to eternal death.

18. We know that those who have been made God’s children do not continue to sin. The Son of God keeps them safe. The Evil One cannot hurt them.
[b] 19.
We know that we belong to God, but the Evil One controls the whole world.
20. And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding. So now we can know the one who is true, and we live in that true God. We are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the true God, and he is eternal life.
21. So, dear children, keep yourselves away from false gods.
So what has this verse to do with your assertion that we are living in the last days? The "last days" began right after Jesus Christ died on the Cross. So what changed? undecided
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

So what has this verse to do with your assertion that we are living in the last days? The "last days" began right after Jesus Christ died on the Cross. So what changed? undecided
don't mix things up i was answering your question on whether satan was the one controlling this world as for the questiom on the last days 1 timothy 3:1-5 and matthew 24:7,8 helps explain it
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
Andy15:
don't mix things up i was answering your question on whether satan was the one controlling this world as for the questiom on the last days 1 timothy 3:1-5 and matthew 24:7,8 helps explain it
Oh, that! Yeah, I know what Peter said but I don't find any place where God declared Satan the controller of the world, so you are fres tp hold to that if you want.

So, is it that you believe the era we are in is one controlled by Satan, when did it start? For this ro be the end of it? undecided
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Oh, that! Yeah, I know what Peter said but I don't find any place where God declared Satan the controller of the world, so you are fres tp hold to that if you want.

So, is it that you believe the era we are in is one controlled by Satan, when did it start? For this ro be the end of it? undecided
read 1 john 5:19 again and also read matthew 4:8-9
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by NairalandSARS: 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
Andy15:

What world condition that wasn't here 500 years ago?
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
Andy15:
read 1 john 5:19 again and also read matthew 4:8-9
We take the words of Satan now? Because we know he tells the truth? undecided
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
so in other words you are sayin satan was lying to jesus
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 10:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
Kobojunkie:
so in other words you are saying satan was lying to jesus
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 10:03pm On Jul 08, 2020
NairalandSARS:

What world condition that wasn't here 500 years ago?
um world wars,worldwide pandemics,increase in the number of earthquakes anually,i can go on.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by NairalandSARS: 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2020
Andy15:
um world wars,worldwide pandemics,increase in the number of earthquakes anually,i can go on.

Wars have always been fought.
The so called world wars were fought by just few countries. Heard of the great Lisbon earthquake over 500 years ago?
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 10:20pm On Jul 08, 2020
NairalandSARS:

Wars have always been fought.
The so called world wars were fought by just few countries. Heard of the great Lisbon earthquake over 500 years ago?
TRUE,wars have always been fought but in 1914 for the first time the whole world was at war and the few countries you talked about were supported by many other countries and as for earthquakes i said the frequency has increased in recent recorded history so it is not as if there have not been intense earthquakes in ancient times but the frequency has increased exponentially.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Jul 08, 2020
Andy15:
so in other words you are saying satan was lying to jesus
There is no indication that He is known to be a truth"er"
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 7:26am On Jul 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There is no indication that He is known to be a truth"er"
well i think that he would have not been able to make the offer to jesus in the first place if he was'nt actually the ruler and also 1 john 5:19 clearly states it that the whole world is in the power of the wicked one.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Kobojunkie: 7:33am On Jul 09, 2020
Andy15:
well i think that he would have not been able to make the offer to jesus in the first place if he was'nt actually the ruler and also 1 john 5:19 clearly states it that the whole world is in the power of the wicked one.
John the apostle is also not God declaring that the world has indeed been handed over to Satan.
Yes, Satan claimed it had been, but when did this happen? undecided
It is important to know. Was it back when Adam sinned? If yes, then the world has been in the hands of Satan since just after the beginning, right? And this means it has been in the hands of Satan since even before Noah's time, and only continued to remain so, even after God destroyed it with the flood. undecided
This would make your claim that the world is in the hands of Satan and about to end as a result of that moot. undecided
However, if the world did not fall into the hands of Satan from the fall of man, in the beginning, when did it take place? undecided
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 9:03am On Jul 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:
John the apostle is also not God declaring that the world has indeed been handed over to Satan.
Yes, Satan claimed it had been, but when did this happen? undecided
It is important to know. Was it back when Adam sinned? If yes, then the world has been in the hands of Satan since just after the beginning, right? And this means it has been in the hands of Satan since even before Noah's time, and only continued to remain so, even after God destroyed it with the flood. undecided
This would make your claim that the world is in the hands of Satan and about to end as a result of that moot. undecided
Hotwever, if the world did not fall into the hands of Satan from the fall of man, in the beginning, when did it take place? undecided
you are correct in saying that john is not to say such a thing but why would john lie in the first place and remember at 2 timothy 3:16 it tells us that all scripture is inspired of God so God inspired john to write those words he said.
Re: Are We Living In The Last Days? by Andy15(m): 9:37am On Jul 10, 2020
Kobojunkie:

undecided
However, if the world did not fall into the hands of Satan from the fall of man, in the beginning, when did it take place? undecided
And also yes it happened when he challenged God's right to rule over adam and eve and set rules so he raised himself higher than God "IN EVE'S EYES" and he became a god to humans and has been trying to influence as many as possible also note what jesus said at john 14:30 he said that the ruler of the world had no hole on him if this ruler was God would he be able to claim such about the person who SENT him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CAMA: You Can’t Subject The Church To Carnality – World Bishops Warn Buhari / Victoria Osteen / Another Pastor Seen Using The Naira Currency As Deliverance On His Client.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.