Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) (9301 Views)

You Guys Won't Believe This White Nigerian Actress Used To Be Black (photos) / White Nigerian & Wife Release Their Daughter's 1 Year Birthday Shoot / White Nigerian Proposes To Girlfriend On Stage At The AY Live Show (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by steezzcom: 10:00am On Feb 01, 2011
I first came across White Nigerian on a blog which I cannot remember right now but on the blog was a youtube video of Mohammed Jammal hanging out with Aki and Paw Paw and another of him making a funny comparison between life in Nigeria and life in the UK. Come 9th of January 2011 during Lord Of The Ribs show at Sheraton Hotels Abuja, White Nigerian was introduced onto the stage by Basket Mouth and soon after that, an interview with him was hurriedly put together. Below are the excerpts from the interview.

BACKGROUND
I grew up within a family of 7 kids in Jos, where I lived for 18 years of my life. I attended Hillcrest School before moving to London where I graduated with a BA in Business Administration at London Metropolitan Business School. I later went on to do a Masters in Global Management at Regents Business School where I graduated with a 2.1 last year. Now I have moved back to home to start my career as I promised myself I would do.

THE NAME WHITE NIGERIAN
When I moved to London all my friends started calling me white Nigerian because it was the first time they had seen a “white boy” from Nigeria who speaks pigeon english and Hausa. Since then, everyone calls me the white Nigerian.

VOYAGE INTO ENTERTAINMENT
It all started with a video I made on youtube where I was speaking pigeon English and Hausa with Kevin Pam, the former winner of Big Brother Africa. I got over 20,000 views in the first two months of releasing that video. After that, Nigerian’s all over the world asked me to make another video, so I made one comparing life in London to life in Nigeria. As of today, the video has over 70,000 views.

I was then discovered by an events manager and was asked to perform on one of the biggest stages in the UK. Since then, other people have been contacting me to participate in their different shows and events. I have been overwhelmed by the demand I have been getting from event promoters and organizers to feature in their shows.

My first ever performance is the most memorable one. This was on the AY Show Live UK that took place at the 02 Arena, one of the biggest venues in the UK. I was able to share stage with Aki and Paw Paw, AY, 9ice, and DJ Jam Jam. Having Odemwingie come watch the show was also a bonus.

My performance at Lord of the Ribs that took place in Sheraton is also one that will stay with me forever. That was my first performance in Nigeria and it was an honor being introduced by Basket Mouth and sharing the same stage with my Jos boys, MI, Jessie Jagz, and Ice Prince.

You can hop over to http://steezz.com/morecontent.aspx?head=2-spotlite for the rest of the interview and more pictures.

1 Share

Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:56pm On Feb 01, 2011
Concluding part of interview and pics. No need to click that link tongue . . . . . .

PEOPLE’S REACTION
To be honest, it’s the reaction of people that makes me want to keep doing this. Nigerian’s all over the world have shown me a lot of support and keep telling me how much they like my videos and performances. I really didn’t expect this much support and admiration to be honest, so it came as a surprise to me. I hope that they will continue to support me because I don’t do it for the money, I don’t do it for the fame, I do it for my fans.

I have always been a very outgoing person who enjoys being the center of attention so my first performance wasn’t as bad as I expected. I was full of confidence because of the hype I got from the people backstage, especially Aki and Paw Paw.

With regards to fans, the majority has been Nigerians who are based abroad, with only some in Nigeria, but I hope to improve on that now that I have moved back here for good. About girls, no comments…

PEOPLE THAT MOTIVATE HIM
There are a few people that motivate me in the entertainment industry. Aki and Paw Paw, AY, I go die, and Odemwengie. These are all humble Nigerian celebrities that have caught the hearts of Nigerians all over the world. People love them because they give 110% in everything they do. They represent their country in the best possible light and this is my goal. Whatever I do, I want to be able to represent Nigeria in the best way possible.

OBSTACLES
For me, I don’t see things as obstacles, but rather as stepping-stones. I always look at the positive side of things. If there is any problem I have been facing, it about balancing my time between my business career and my entertainment career, but so far I have been able to balance the two.

TAKE ON NIGERIAN ENTERTAINMENT
I love the entertainment industry in Nigeria, from the music to the films, to the comedies. I was talking to someone the other day about how Nigerians are the most talented people in the world, not just in the entertainment industry but in almost everything.

FUTURE PLANS
My plan right now is to increase my popularity and followership both here and abroad. Since I came back this January from London, I have only performed once here in Nigeria, but I hope that I can perform in many more shows. I have been getting a lot of offers and I hope that I will be able to honor all.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by semid4lyfe(m): 6:59pm On Feb 01, 2011

Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by semid4lyfe(m): 7:03pm On Feb 01, 2011

Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Kunbee: 10:11pm On Feb 01, 2011
Am a black spaniard, have they ever asked me for an interview undecided

Mschew
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by tpiah2: 1:42am On Feb 02, 2011
interesting.

this other guy Ed, a Canadian, made it a bit big in hollywood.

he grew up in ghana and i'm not sure, but i think he speaks a ghanaian language.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by semid4lyfe(m): 7:12am On Feb 02, 2011
What exactly does the guy do sef? Is he a comedian or a musician? undecided
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 02, 2011
semid4lyfe:

What exactly does the guy do sef? Is he a comedian or a musician? undecided

He's white that's the main story 4 naija oo
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by spikedcylinder: 11:54am On Feb 02, 2011
Interesting.
At least he's different from the other snooty white people who think our culture is inferior to theirs.

1 Like

Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by semid4lyfe(m): 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2011
Seems there are quite a number of ''white Nigerians'' from that Jos axis.

I recall watching a ''behind the scene'' sports documentary programme of the Kenya vs Nigeria 2010 world cup qualifier in Nairobi and seeing this white man wearing a green Nigerian jersey, waving our flag and supporting the Eagles.

He was interviewed and he said he was born in Jos in the 70's, that he grew up there and went to primary and secondary school there and only left for the UK for his tertiary education. He also mentioned he spoke Hausa and pidgin fluently with some Yoruba. The guy said he now lived and worked in Kenya and was heading his company's operations in Kenya.

Dude also mentioned he's a Nigerian Citizen, has a Nigerian passport and has very fond memories of Nigeria.

I guess there are more ''oyinbo'' Nigerians than we thought wink

3 Likes

Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by favouredjb(f): 12:09pm On Feb 05, 2011
nice one
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by olaolabiy: 1:21am On Feb 06, 2011
Are you all so silly you don't even know a white man when you see one?

Na whitie be dis? Shior!
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by shotster50(m): 3:00am On Feb 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

Are you all so silly you don't even know a white man when you see one?

Na whitie be dis? Shior!

Abeg leave semantics, the guy na black?
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by otumfour(m): 8:43am On Feb 06, 2011
funny thread, this 1 grin grin grin grin grin
celebration of the Arab white Nigerian undecided
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 06, 2011
he's white nah.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by olaolabiy: 10:38am On Feb 06, 2011
tpiah!:

he's white nah.

He's not, Tpiah.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 06, 2011
^^ok, do you agree he's caucasian.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 06, 2011
So he's popular because he's white?
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by InkedNerd(f): 11:31am On Feb 06, 2011
@OP: White Nigerian my a**. There's no such thing as a white African. Genetically speaking yes we are all of African decent but this guy is by no means a Nigerian. Yes, he may be a Nigerian national but he's still not Nigerian ::[/b]rolls eyes[b]:: this reminds me of some of the idio.t "Wafricans" near my sister's school. Hmmmm, is he Arab or of Arab decent?
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by WackyJ1(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2011
That is a white man! Who do they think they are fooling, He may be african but he's not Nigerian.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Nobody: 11:47am On Feb 06, 2011
WackyJ1:

That is a white man! Who do they think they are fooling, He may be african but he's not Nigerian.

ROTFLMAO!! grin grin Maybe to be politically correct, we could call him a Nigerian Albino grin
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 06, 2011
That is a white man!

yeah, he's white.

definitely not black, black white or white black.

just plain white.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by olaolabiy: 12:45pm On Feb 06, 2011
tpiah!:

yeah, he's white.

definitely not black, black white or white black.

just plain white.

FL Gators:

So he's popular because he's white?

tpiah!:

^^ok, do you agree he's caucasian.

He's not white, at all. Caucasian, yes but not white. Most Somalians are caucasian too.

He's from the Arab world, jor.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2011
he actually looks like somebody and i'm trying to recall who.

one of these celebrities, i think.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by olaolabiy: 1:01pm On Feb 06, 2011
I don't expect Nigerians who have lived/stayed in any Western country to be confused by this.

In fact, in terms of racial categorization by whities, he is still black.

Has any Middle-eastern man ever termed himself white? This Jammal guy also cautiously used the term 'white'.

In what ways is he different from very light-skinned Indians?

White lon lon.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by olaolabiy: 1:16pm On Feb 06, 2011
tpiah!:

he actually looks like somebody and i'm trying to recall who.

one of these celebrities, i think.

He looks white but not white. It is not just about the skin and eye formation.

These days, if you don't have European ancestry, you are not white. This is why Persians are not termed as whiteys. And they are lighter than Spanish/Greek/Portuguese people, for example.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by InkedNerd(f): 1:41pm On Feb 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

I don't expect Nigerians who have lived/stayed in any Western country to be confused by this.

Has any Middle-eastern man ever termed himself white? This Jammal guy also cautiously used the term 'white'.

White lon lon.

Whether we live or have lived abroad is not the point here. I know many Arabs here in the US who foolishily refer to themselves as white even though they are not and can clearly be identified as a non-white. Whether he's light or not he would still be a person of color if he's not caucasian.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by olaolabiy: 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Whether we live or have lived abroad is not the point here. I know many Arabs here in the US who[b] foolishily [/b] refer to themselves as white even though they are not and can clearly be identified as a non-white. Whether he's light or not he would still be a person of color if he's not caucasian.

Thank you. They are not.
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by WackyJ1(m): 4:56pm On Feb 06, 2011
ola olabiy:

He looks white but not white. It is not just about the skin and eye formation.

These days, if you don't have European ancestry, you are not white. This is why Persians are not termed as whiteys. And they are lighter than Spanish/Greek/Portuguese people, for example.

ola olabiy:

Has any Middle-eastern man ever termed himself white?

White lon lon.
Inked_Nerd:

Whether we live or have lived abroad is not the point here. I know many Arabs here in the US who foolishily refer to themselves as white even though they are not and can clearly be identified as a non-white. Whether he's light or not he would still be a person of color if he's not caucasian.

The may not be white but he's not Nigerian hence the topic/ title he uses is false. Of all the country mentioned above i don't see Nigeria
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by mamagee3(f): 10:14pm On Feb 06, 2011
I'm not sure he's Nigerian. . .

He look Arabian. . .
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Freesia(f): 3:38pm On Feb 08, 2011
I don't see any Caucasian features at all but if it makes him feel better when he identifies himself as white then that's his own cup of tea.
when I look at him I see an Arab/Indian/Pakistani man.Even that King of Saudi Arabia who has a British mother could "Pass" for white but not this guy here
Re: Intoducing: Mohammed Jammal(white Nigerian) by Faremisodeeq(m): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
He be like say i go put myself in hypo to bcom poorpular

(1) (Reply)

Dirty Secret African Movie Trailer . Video Below / *EYES OUT* Ini Edo's Boo.bs Did'nt Contain This Shirt She Wore, See Hot Photos / Photos - Someone I Gave A Lift Forgot This In The Car .. Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.