Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,691 members, 7,955,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:41 AM

Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out (3035 Views)

Apostle Selman Joshua: - Why Adam Was Not The First Man On Earth. / Lizzy Johnson Suleman's Shopping Mall, Petrol Station Birthday Gift From Apostle / Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Bootinfos(m): 9:03pm On Jul 02, 2020
In a post made by Journalist Paul Dada he earns people to stop listening to Apostle Selman due to the errors he preach.

In a popular video trending now by Apostle Selman, Paul Dada said Apostle Selman misinterpreted the Bible .

Watch the video below and see what Paul Dada has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH07djeJwNc

15 ERRORS OF A SELF-STYLED APOSTLE CALLED JOSHUA SELMAN

Error 1 There is no dominion in poverty

The above statement betrays his misunderstandin

g of the nature of the Christian's dominion from the New Testament perspective.

Jesus Christ came for one purpose, and that is to save us from our sins.

Read John 1:29

" The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world."

Read Matthew 1:21

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

Read also Mathew 26:28, Romans 3:25

Jesus did not die to make us rich. Many people were rich before Christ came. Many are rich who don't love Christ or care about Him.

The nature of the Christian dominion is the victory over sin.

Romans 6:14 says :

"For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

In the early church era, most people were poor. Can we say they did not have dominion? No. They were not thinking of dominion in terms of affluence.

In 2 Corinthians 8:1-3, Paul said the churches of Macedonia were in deep poverty. The likes of Selman would say those brethren had no dominion because they were poor. But God does not think so.

Error 2: People choose to be poor or rich

Selman gleefully quotes Proverbs 22: 2.

See it:

" The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all."

He misinterprets it to mean that people choose their conditions in life. First off, the verse does not mean that. The verse is simply saying that both the rich and the poor are made by God. The implication of this is that the rich should not despise the poor while the poor should not resent the rich as they are both made by God.

While it is true that some people become poor because they are lazy and not smart, others wallow in poverty because of failure of government. Yet, there are people who are poor because God in His sovereignty allowed it.

Read 1 Samuel 2:7

"The LORD maketh poor, and maketh rich: he bringeth low, and lifteth up."

Who caused Job to become poor? Was it not God that permitted Satan to afflict Job?

Yes, God allows poverty in the lives of some of His children. And He does it to try their faith or accomplish noble purposes in their lives.

Error 3: Abraham made impact because he was rich while Lazarus couldn't because he was poor

True, Abraham was rich. But scripturally, is his impact on his generation and generations after him , measured by his wealth or by his faith, righteousness, humility and commitment to God? Will Selman and his co- travellers stop handling the word of God dishonestly?

Peter, Paul and others were not rich, yet the impact of their strides in the kingdom, is still felt today. At least 13 of the books written by Paul are still with us today. Please, run away from Selman's warped theology.

In the Old Testament, Elijah, a poor prophet made more impact than all the rich people of his time.

How much did John the Baptist have? Yet his level of impact on the conscience of many of those who listened to him was great.

4: Error 4: Inconsistency

Selman quoting Proverbs 22:2 has earlier said people choose their economic conditions. But quoting verse 7, he admits the rich can manipulate the economy to subjugate the poor.

5: Error 5: Irrelevant analogy

There is no correlation between Proverbs 22:7 and one having the whole world and losing their soul. Can people just learn to stay within contexts when exegeting the scriptures? And why he calls Jesus a businessman beats me. This is totally irrelevant.

Error 6: Poverty and Wisdom do not go hand in hand

This is total rubbish. Wealth is not always a function of wisdom. And not every form of poverty is a consequence of lack of wisdom.

In fact anyone who fears God regardless of what their financial status,is wise( Proverbs 2:1-5).

Error 7: A totally horrible misinterpretation of Ecclesiastes 9:13-15

These verses tell the story of a poor wise man who with his wisdom delivered a city from a looming attack, but he is not remembered or appreciated for his exploit. Selman interprets it to mean that wisdom is not enough as one needs to be financially buoyant to pass their message to the world.

But the verses have nothing to do with possessing money. The passage is telling us about the carnality of men and how they despise even the poor who have served or are serving the society.

Hear Proverbs 8:11

" For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it."

According to the bible, wisdom is better than wealth. Do you hear, Selman?

It may be argued that, money is needed to support the spread of the gospel. But in the early church which was made up of mostlypoor people, the work of the ministry was still funded. Poor brethren contributed from their meagre resources to support ministers.

Error 8- Prosperity played a role in salvation. It took prosperity and Influence for salvation to come.

This is the blindest and most blasphemous of the utterances made by Selman. In making a case for his perverted prosperity gospel, Selman says angels couldn't bring Jesus down from the cross. It was Joseph of Arimathea, a man on influence and prosperity that could reach the governor to demand the body of Christ.

The implication of this most foolish statement is that Joseph played a role in our salvation. Joseph's influence and prosperity made our salvation complete. Jesus would have remained on the cross and may not have resurrected. Joseph helped Jesus to fulfill His plan of redemption. Joseph is now our Deputy Saviour.

In reality, Joseph was just a lover of Jesus who thought to give him a "befitting" burial. He was not more special or more relevant than the women who went with spices to his grave to anoint his body. If Joseph was not available, Jesus would still have resurrected.

Would it make sense to say virginity played a role in our salvation because Mary the earthly mother got pregnant with him when she was a virgin?

Selman is treading on a dangerous ground. Somebody should tell him.

Error 9: The Gospel is heavy; it takes wealth as an ark-bearer to lift it.

This assertion is a total lie. The gospel thrived in the early church era without the majority of the believers being rich. In Iran today where Christians are being persecuted and are treated less than second class citizens, the gospel is being preached and reaches people faster than it does in prosperous America. Wealth is not the ark bearer of the gospel. What we need is the power of the Holy Spirit.

10: If you are not at a certain level of economic empowerment you will not hear certain instructions from God

Selman's God must be different from the real God of the Bible. Selman's God speaks to people based on their economic power. Selman's God cherishes the rich more than the poor. Nothing in the scriptures supports this lie.

11. God gave Pharaoh a dream that he couldn't give Jacob and others because the Egyptian king was a man of influence. God had to search until he found Pharaoh.

But what was Pharaoh without Joseph? Pharaoh' s dream was nothing without the interpretation of Joseph who was at the time not a man on influence.

God does what He likes the way He likes but it seems this Selman wants us to believe that God respected the position and power of Pharaoh so much.

12. God cannot tell you to build a school if you are not rich enough

George Muller who was not a rich man, ran an orphanage. Sometimes, there would be no food. He would pray in faith and provision would come. Can someone tell Selman to stop speaking rubbish?

13. I will never pastor people who love God but are mediocres(sic)

In Selman's theology what makes a man a mediocrity is that he is not rich. But God is looking for people who are rich in grace. God who owns the heaven and the earth, is not wowed by the riches that men have.

14. Hunger( Poverty) will make the people of God to compromise ( go to Egypt).

Paul faced lack many times. He said he knew about having and lacking. He said He could do all things through Christ ( Philippians 4:13). He didn't draw his strength from wealth but Christ.

Error 15: If you have money and passion for God you have destroyed Satan.

So many believers have passion for God without being rich and they are enjoying victory over Satan.

What's your say on this??

2 Likes

Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by StrikeBack(m): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2020
All of them be fraudsters

2 Likes

Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by KennedicalEnergy(m): 10:16pm On Jul 02, 2020
Apostle Selman is a great man of God that has affected my life positively in many ways. Nothing can stop me from listening to his messages. Stop wasting your time trying to pull him down.

4 Likes

Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2020

Error 8- Prosperity played a role in salvation. It took prosperity and Influence for salvation to come.
na wa oo

2 Likes

Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 11:09pm On Jul 02, 2020
KennedicalEnergy:
Apostle Selman is a great man of God that has affected my life positively in many ways. Nothing can stop me from listening to his messages. Stop wasting your time trying to pull him down.
Nothing? undecided
Not even Jesus Christ's own words? undecided
Do you ensure you crosscheck what your "apostle" say against what Jesus Christ, the Son of God, says? I mean after all Jesus Christ is the one you are meant to trust and worship/serve, and not man? undecided
Or do you make excuses for this man's every error believing in your mind that God would understand? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by ThothHermes: 6:55am On Jul 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Nothing? undecided
Not even Jesus Christ's own words? undecided
Do you ensure you crosscheck what your "apostle" say against what Jesus Christ, the Son of God, says? I mean after all Jesus Christ is the one you are meant to trust and worship/serve, and not man? undecided
Or do you make excuses for this man's every error believing in your mind that God would understand? undecided
Jesus had to be buried in a virgin tomb. No one but a rich person could provide that. So yes, wealth played a role in the salvation of mankind.

My cities through prosperity shall be spread abroad Zech 1:17

1 Like

Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Adedotguy: 7:51am On Jul 03, 2020
angry
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Adedotguy: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2020
Please. Paul dada go and get a job

Who God has lifted up no man can pull down.

1 Like

Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by ugbede69(m): 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
i have never seen or heard about an Imam go online to criticize another imam in Nigeria....this nonsense only happens in the body of Christ where every pastor wants to pull others down just to be relevant and remain at the top..

may God help the body
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
ThothHermes:
Jesus had to be buried in a virgin tomb. No one but a rich person could provide that. So yes, wealth played a role in the salvation of mankind.

My cities through prosperity shall be spread abroad Zech 1:17
Jesus Christ told you this? The same Jesus Christ that taught to let the dead bury there own dead ?You mean Jesus Christ was a hypocrite after all? shocked shocked
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by ThothHermes: 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ told you this? The same Jesus Christ that taught to let the dead bury there own dead ?You mean Jesus Christ was a hypocrite after all? shocked shocked
The Bible taught me that. undecided
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
ThothHermes:
The Bible taught me that. undecided
Ok, the bible taught you. Alright, did it at least teach you not to add or remove from that which is wriitten? Zechariah, a prophet before Jesus's time, didn't say what you claim. So how could the bible have taught you what you claim it did? undecided
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2020
ugbede69:
i have never seen or heard about an Imam go online to criticize another imam in Nigeria....this nonsense only happens in the body of Christ where every pastor wants to pull others down just to be relevant and remain at the top..

may God help the body

Probably because both the "true" imams and the "fake" imams are serving the same entity? I don't think Mohammed warned muslims about fake imams. Christ on the other hand, warned us about fake prophets. Now if you all care about people's souls you'd scream out any time you notice errors sneaking into the Christian doctrines. But it's a pity that Christians are very few in Nigeria. What we have are GO fanboys and fangirls.

2 Likes

Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Probably because both the "true" imams and the "fake" imams are serving the same entity? I don't think Mohammed warned muslims about fake imams. Christ on the other hand, warned us about fake prophets. Now if you all care about people's souls you'd scream out any time you notice errors sneaking into the Christian doctrines. But it's a pity that Christians are very few in Nigeria. What we have are GO fanboys and fangirls.
Very few indeed!
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by ugbede69(m): 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

it is well
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by imustmakeit(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2020
There are no perfect men (preachers inclusive).
Pick the ones that align with your beliefs and keep aside rest.

1 Like

Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
imustmakeit:
There are no perfect men (preachers inclusive).
Pick the ones that align with your beliefs and keep aside rest.
There are perfect men and women out there.

Jesus Christ's commandment was not stated in error. I suggest you stop listening to men and instead begin listening and obeying the God whom you pretend to worship.
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by imustmakeit(m): 11:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There are perfect men and women out there.

Jesus Christ's commandment was not stated in error. I suggest you stop listening to men and instead begin listening and obeying the God whom you pretend to worship.
I still maintain my stand THERE ARE NO PERFECT MEN.
The bible admonished us to strive towards perfection but you see that status, no man is deserving of it, no not one!
Ecclesiastes 7:20 There is not a righteous person on earth who always does good and never sins.
*For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.*
1 John 1:8-10 If we go around bragging, “We have no sin,” then we are fooling ourselves and are strangers to the truth
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2020
imustmakeit:
The bible admonished us to strive towards perfection but you see that status, no man is deserving of it, no not one!
When Jesus Christ commanded," be perfect, even as your father in heaven is perfect" was he in error? undecided
imustmakeit:

Ecclesiastes 7:20 There is not a righteous person on earth who always does good and never sins.
1 John 1:8-10 If we go around bragging, “We have no sin,” then we are fooling ourselves and are strangers to the truth
Hsve you ever actually read your bible for yourself so you understand what Jesus Christ requires of you when He said you should be perfect? You cannot enter into the kingdom of God without first obeying that commandment , you know?
I suggest for your souls sake, you pick up the book of Matthew and begin to read in order to learn what Jesus Christ really meant.
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by imustmakeit(m): 11:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:

When Jesus Christ commanded," be perfect, even as your father in heaven is perfect" was he in error? undecided

Hsve you ever actually read your bible for yourself so you understand what Jesus Christ requires of you when He said you should be perfect? You cannot enter into the kingdom of God without first obeying that commandment , you know?
I suggest for your souls sake, you pick up the book of Matthew and begin to read in order to learn what Jesus Christ really meant.
I do not deny the fact that Jesus enjoys us to be perfect, like, be Holy, but my concern is, in reality, is there anyone that is really Holy (PERFECT)?
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Omoluabi16(m): 11:49pm On Jul 03, 2020
imustmakeit:
that fella is a silly atheist who'll bore you with silly epistles and deliberate twisting of the Bible. Best you ignore.
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
imustmakeit:
I do not deny the fact that Jesus enjoys us to be perfect, like, be Holy, but my concern is, in reality, is there anyone that is really Holy (PERFECT)?
Yes, there are, and those are people who love their enemies, along with their their other neighbors, and pray for them, instead of against them.

Please read up on what it means to be perfect/holy even as your Father in heaven is perfect/holy.

Also, anyone who has told you it is impossible has never obeyed God's commandment to Love your neighbor as you love yourself and as a result is not even of God.
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
Omoluabi16:
that fella is a silly atheist who'll bore you with silly epistles and deliberate twisting of the Bible. Best you ignore.
You have never even shown me what part I have twisted in the name of Jesus Christ? undecided
I am an athiest who urges you all to obey the commandments of Jesus Christ, the one who you claim to serve? undecided
Can a kingdom be divided against itself? Jesus Christ said that, you know? undecidedundecided
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by imustmakeit(m): 1:51am On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yes, there are, and those are people who love their enemies, along with their their other neighbors, and pray for them, instead of against them.

Please read up on what it means to be perfect/holy even as your Father in heaven is perfect/holy.

Also, anyone who has told you it is impossible has never obeyed God's commandment to Love your neighbor as you love yourself and as a result is not even of God.
are you perfect?
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 1:55am On Jul 04, 2020
imustmakeit:
are you perfect?
Yes, because I obey the commandments to love my neighbor (including my enemies) undecided

Is there a reason why you will refuse to love your neighbor(including your enemy) as Jesus Christ commanded all His followers to? undecided

Do you have a reason to live in disobedience to Jesus Christ, and God? undecided
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 4:42am On Jul 04, 2020
imustmakeit:
are you perfect?
Here you go!

Matthew 5 vs 43-48 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
43. “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[k] and hate your enemy.’
44. But I tell you, love your enemies. Pray for those who treat you badly.
45. If you do this, you will be children who are truly like your Father in heaven. He lets the sun rise for all people, whether they are good or bad. He sends rain to those who do right and to those who do wrong.
46. If you love only those who love you, why should you get a reward for that? Even the tax collectors do that.
47. And if you are nice only to your friends, you are no better than anyone else. Even the people who don’t know God are nice to their friends.
48. What I am saying is that you must be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by imustmakeit(m): 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Yes, because I obey the commandments to love my neighbor (including my enemies) undecided

Is there a reason why you will refuse to love your neighbor(including your enemy) as Jesus Christ commanded all His followers to? undecided

Do you have a reason to live in disobedience to Jesus Christ, and God? undecided
Love, for sure is the greatest commandment but not the only commandment
Re: Desist From Apostle Selman Journalist Paul Dada Cries Out by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2020
imustmakeit:
Love, for sure is the greatest commandment but not the only commandment
there are about 46 other commandments, yes

(1) (Reply)

How I Joined ECKANKAR On Nairaland / Happy Easter To All Nairaland Members ! / Rccg Graduates 8,000 Pastors : Praise God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.