Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? (405 Views)

ATBU On COVID-19: How We Invented Ventilators, Others In 8 Days / COVID-19: How False Negatives Are Complicating Testing / COVID-19: How Long Can Nigeria Be On Lockdown? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by knowhowk: 10:48pm On Jul 02, 2020
It's a New Virus to the Human Body ,How exactly does it Spreads ? The WHO precautions says Social Distancing,Washing of Hands with soap or Hand sanitizer , Avoid touching of face ,Mouth ,Eyes and nose .Using Face Shield/Nose Cover Etc .They mentioned the virus is spreads when Saliva droplets from a Patient gets into the mouth of another person, Also if someone touched a surface already contaminated by a carrier and one fails to wash his or hand very well with Soap before putting such hand in the mouth . It really beats my imagination how some people say they are extra careful when it comes to protecting themselves and yet they tested Positive for Covid 19. Apart from the above ways ,Can someone please share with us here if there are other ways this dreaded virus Spreads . Does this virus stays in the Air ? Does this Virus penetrate through the skin pores into the Body ? Does mere touching a Covid 19 patient simply transfers the Virus even if one does not put such hand in the mouth ,eye,Nose . Does touching of face Automatically make Someone gets infected ,some say the Virus is not a Living thing ,how can someone then kill a none living thing with hand sanitizer or soap . If your Mouth is closed while someone with Covid 19 coughs or Sneezes by your side ,The droplets is inhale immediately through the nose and someone picks it .Is Sneezing part of Covid 19 Symptoms .So many Controversies about How the Virus Spreads ,Please Do comments and let us learn .
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by Rahym001(m): 10:55pm On Jul 02, 2020
very seriously me am not understanding, the virus is the most communicable diseases as far as the world is consigned.

No one truly knows how it truly transmits, the world is yet to fully understand the virus.

All we have to do is stay as careful as we can and leave the rest to God.

Because some of the people that got infected don't know how they got it.
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by knowhowk: 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2020
Rahym001:
very seriously me am not understanding, the virus is the most communicable diseases as far as the world is consigned.

No one truly knows how it truly transmits, the world is yet to fully understand the virus.

All we have to do is stay as careful as we can and leave the rest to God.

Because some of the people that got infected don't know how they got it.
. Thanks for your input ,infact I don't really understand .Imagine one Pharmacist who says he puts everything in place for protection ,Yet he got it .
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by knowhowk: 11:04pm On Jul 02, 2020
When we washed our hand with Soap under a Running water ,Does Soap Kills a Non Living thing as we were made to understand that the virus is not a Living thing ,To me I think washing of Hands with soap does not kill anything ,it just makes our hand to be clean of any Particles ,Germs living or non living
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by Investnow2017: 11:15pm On Jul 02, 2020
Once you get out of your abode, you stand the chance of picking it. And it is clearly impossible to not get out of your house. It is difficult. And that you were tested in the morning and returned negative in the evening does not guarantee that you are immune, you can pick it the next day. You see, it is complex.
That is why when I hear or read people asking stupidly how the NCDC got their figures, it simply tells me how brutally ignorant people chose to be about this contagion.
It is one infectious disease that has the capacity to spread widely and wildly too. Not much is known about it yet, hence it is really a novel Coronavirus.
For any vaccine to be successful the world would have to go through a Herculean task of determining first the Covid-19 status of each individual before a vaccine is administered. That invariably implies that at some point we will all be tested for the Coronavirus in order to be vaccinated! Go figure
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by knowhowk: 11:26pm On Jul 02, 2020
Investnow2017:
Once you get out of your abode, you stand the chance of picking it. And it is clearly impossible to not get out of your house. It is difficult. And that you were tested in the morning and returned negative in the evening does not guarantee that you are immune, you can pick it the next day. You see, it is complex.
That is why when I hear or read people asking stupidly how the NCDC got their figures, it simply tells me how brutally ignorant people chose to be about this contagion.
It is one infectious disease that has the capacity to spread widely and wildly too. Not much is known about it yet, hence it is really a novel Coronavirus.
For any vaccine to be successful the world would have to go through a Herculean task of determining first the Covid-19 status of each individual before a vaccine is administered. That invariably implies that at some point we will all be tested for the Coronavirus in order to be vaccinated! Go figure
. Oga ,You are Amazing .More Reasonable Contribution to learn from Please .This Virus is indeed a Novel one .
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by amrichy(m): 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2020
hmm
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by knowhowk: 12:11am On Jul 03, 2020
The most Terrible aspect of it is getting Infected again ,Can you imagine someone who went through Hell to get recovered, After full recovery he or she gets exposed to it again ,Men ! that is soooo serious oooo ,I wish a fully recovered person should develop an antibodies already and immune to it but don't think so .The whole world is in this Mess already , Cure/ Vaccines ,Where art thou?
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by bjking(m): 12:16am On Jul 03, 2020
Here is an important fact about the COVIC epicenter of the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe6i3pfFgWA
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 03, 2020
Truth be told, nobody really knows.
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by knowhowk: 7:13am On Jul 03, 2020
pDudd:
Truth be told, nobody really knows.
Hmmmm !
Re: Covid 19 : How Exactly Does It Spreads ? by knowhowk: 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
Where are our Medical practitioners on board .Many people are been Infected everyday ,Even with all Precautions observed by some people ,Yet they still get infected .Only Almighty God really knows how exactly this Virus Spreads apart from the ones WHO Mentioned .

(1) (Reply)

As Covid 19 Flops, Bill Gates Unleashes Yellow Fever On Africa / Breast Cancer (viewer Discretion Advised) / MY Close Friend Just Tested Positive For COVID19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.