Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Don’t Allow Age To Determine Your Employability - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Don’t Allow Age To Determine Your Employability (258 Views)

Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea / Boost Your Employability With Unique And Creative CV Designs / Boost Your Employability With Unique And Creative Cvs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Allow Age To Determine Your Employability by Pawilliamthomas(m): 10:59pm On Jul 02, 2020
I have seen a lot of drama from when the N-Power portal was open for application. Since they placed the age barrier at 35 years, it limits people who are above that age from applying. Because of that, people had to do everything they could to be eligible.
Am not writing this article to judge anyone. I am rather concerned with how we have allowed the government, people, or systems to determine our employability.
I understand that the unfairness of life and the unpredictability of events could leave people vulnerable and limit their capacity for development. For example, some people finished their secondary education early but couldn’t afford the resources to attain university education. If they eventually get to the university, they would spend four or five years to graduate, extending their age. Tell me, what age would they have left to enter the job market, and land on a job?.
In my rating, those who got an NYSC exemption certificate could be better employees and workers over those who went on service. Why did I say that? They are already a bundle of experience and maturity needed in a workplace for productivity.
I call on the government and employees to lift the bar or limit used as the determinant of who is eligible for employment and who is not.
Also, those people caught up with the limits should please think smarter and faster. Work at deploying your expertise and experience into something productive. Start your company. Become an employer of labor. Don’t put your future into the hands of the government, people, or system. You are with more than the labels, labels, or limitations.

Got questions you need to ask about value creation? Click here to find answers.

(1) (Reply)

Customer Care Rep Needed / Make On Each Item Sold / Any Cleaner/Cook Job Vacancy Available In Abuja?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.