Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,085 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:51 PM

Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu (24256 Views)

Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu Bags WHO Appointment As Assistant DG / Large Religious Gathering Spreading Covid - PTF / Chikwe Ihekweazu: I Don't Wear Face-Masks Because No Policy On That Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by moreb2cum: 8:13am On Jul 03, 2020
The leaders who refuse to build good infrastructure are mostly over 50. God has a way of empowering the weak...
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 03, 2020
Shut up and keep releasing numbers. Fo0ls. Borders are open n u guys are trying to come up with explanations..

This is an igbo man full of corrupt mind. Fg called him to be manipulating numbers and since they all claim they got interest of d pple,why didn't he quit d job than releasing fake numbers??

Even the so called B!AFRA can never save us the igbos from one single sh!t... We r so wicked.. during this lockdown,real money was made in ss and se... Even inside bushes,villagers are blocking road to collect money

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by kokomilala(m): 8:16am On Jul 03, 2020
This is farcical assumption! And if people between 20s and 40s are spreading and infecting the older people, then there should be an inventive immunity to shield this people. But I still feel it's presumptuous to finger people in their 20s to 40s.There are documented cases of much older people who have behaved irresponsibly; who refused to isolate themselves when they came back from abroad. The late Abba Kyari, for instance.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by ThinkFreely: 8:16am On Jul 03, 2020
BREYZ:
Oya, come tie all the youths down now then lock us up. Na iberibe dey worry this man instead of you to do your job you are looking for who to blame, before you know it there will be a new directive targeted at the Youths/young people.
But by telling us this, he’s already doing his job. Don’t attack him, attack his point.

Is his point correct or not?
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by ThinkFreely: 8:19am On Jul 03, 2020
SmartProf:
This age bracket you mentioned are the productive population in Nigeria, who drive the economy by their multiple enterprising skills and productivity. Maybe you will recommend the lockdown of only young Nigerians in your next guidelines. Afterall, they were described as lazy Nigerian youths by Mr. President some time ago. I hope someday you guys in government will admit how old aged Nigerians are spreading corruption too
Strawman, you totally moved the argument away from what he’s saying.

He’s not talking about the whether this age bracket drives the economy, his point is that this age bracket is not being cautious enough about the spread of the virus.

We were taught philosophy and logic so we could stop committing fallacies when arguments are raised.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by hush15: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2020
jarawa:

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-young-nigerians-are-spreading-covid-19-fg.html

What's paining me is that the people that are meant to die are not the ones dying... Just very very few... Smh
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by EmekaBlue(m): 8:21am On Jul 03, 2020
youths please go hug polithiefcians
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by israelmao(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2020
This people are confused.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by LordsBattleAxe(m): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2020
Aboki99:
This is serious! But my trouble with Nigeria is data unreliability. As far as covid 19 is concerned, Nig copies and pastes from other countries. No decisions of their own.
it is shameful that our NCDC DG is regurgitating facts from US media without carrying out any research.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by LordsBattleAxe(m): 8:23am On Jul 03, 2020
Aboki99:
This is serious! But my trouble with Nigeria is data unreliability. As far as covid 19 is concerned, Nig copies and pastes from other countries. No decisions of their own.
it is shameful that our NCDC DG is regurgitating facts from US media without carrying out any research
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 03, 2020
Na lie
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Mrpojj(m): 8:26am On Jul 03, 2020
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 03, 2020
How can people spread 5G Network..?
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by mamotalk: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2020
Katier00:
I treated mine at home. Got all the necessary medications

congrats, am happy for you to get over it.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by wink2015(m): 8:40am On Jul 03, 2020
COVID 19 is real but it is been BLOWN out of proportion in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:43am On Jul 03, 2020
Openbusiness2:
undecided they have come again. COVID kills both old and young, and both old and young have survived. Who survives and who dies, why they survive and why the others die is what nobody has an undisputable answer for yet. In Florida right now, many of the people falling critically ill from COVID-19 and placed on ventilators are young youths and teens. May God have mercy on me
In the case of Florida, in the early stage of the virus, the old contracted the virus most from age 65 above, not until when the youths started going to parties, unideal places, that was when the goal Post shifted grin
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Cammo: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2020
But these idiots once claimed that a 98-year-old patient recovered from the virus.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Cammo: 8:49am On Jul 03, 2020
StPete:
The humble truth is that the aged Nigerians have failed the young ones in times past and till date. It is only fair that since the young ones cannot fight them for all the looting and destruction the older ones have subjected the future of the country to, it is only fair that Covid-19 does the fighting on their behalfs
And you said that as if you don't have old people in your family.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by jericco1(m): 8:49am On Jul 03, 2020
You guys are not serious..
Poor data.
I wonder why some states are immune to the virus while others aren't
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Kaylet: 8:51am On Jul 03, 2020
Please, I beg the indulgence of all the youth in country, Nigeria is still our country till date. Even if there is going to be Oduduwa or Biafra republic

Let's all forget what has happened before we were born. Let's have plan A and B and execute them with the whole of our hearts.

The idiot hushpuppi that was caught, if you remember his ways of lifestyle, that is the exact way every citizen of the country is supposed to be living.

But our leaders have failed and they've not learnt. They are only after their livelihood not even generation unborn.

Let's come together with to move this nation forward.

Lets be real.

I don't care if I'm being tailed on line. I'm ready to put my life in the line.

This Covid 19 is a thing we can over come within a week. Believe me on this

The Covid 19 is real but it's actually not for Nigerians or Africa.

There's a lot to said about the disease but not now
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Openbusiness2: 8:52am On Jul 03, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:

In the case of Florida, in the early stage of the virus, the old contracted the virus most from age 65 above, not until when the youths started going to party, unideal places, that was when the goal Post shifted grin
Yes oh, and going beach for unlimited flexing. Dem no send anybody. Up Miami grin

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by AreaFada2: 8:52am On Jul 03, 2020
awesomely:
To say that Nigerians are observing physical distancing, is like saying Arsenal will qualify for champions league.

I think most Nigerians are asymptomatic, it's the testing capacity that makes it look okay. Our immune system is quite better as an ajepako Nigerian compared with our ajebutter cousins in Europe.

Maybe because a lot of Nigerians are used to hard life from suffering and smiling. Most people have been infected, and have recovered without even knowing.

Those people with underlying illnesses or weak immune system are feeling the brunt of the disobedience to laid down protocols.
Please forget this misleading notion of better immune system.
We are better immune to diseases we have been exposed to for centuries and millenniums like malaria. Europeans are tougher against winter flu that has been in temperate regions for millenniums. There is not immunity without historical exposure.

In the case of Covid-19, older age and underlying illness increase risk.

Nigeria has a very young population due to low life expectancy. If Nigeria had many old people, put into nursing homes or other communities with many old people crowded into them, Covid-19 would have swept through them like wild fire too.

Because young careless asymptomatic covid carriers would have spread it to them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Kaylet: 8:55am On Jul 03, 2020
They have millions of naira in their accounts, in their houses.

Those age bracket mentioned from 20 to 40 cant even boast of 20k in their accounts.

Medical test is said to be 50k, families who can't boast of 20k in their accounts what do they expect them to eat

Nevertheless, some are graduates, some are skilled men

Please let's wake
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by mvem(m): 8:56am On Jul 03, 2020
Openbusiness2:
undecided they have come again. COVID kills both old and young, and both old and young have survived. Who survives and who dies, why they survive and why the others die is what nobody has an undisputable answer for yet. In Florida right now, many of the people falling critically ill from COVID-19 and placed on ventilators are young youths and teens. May God have mercy on me
guy more than 80% of deaths world wide from Covid is 60+yrs patients. Check the Stats. In the US the average age of death is about 75+, yes same with Italy, UK, Spain etc. It is fact that it kills the old and vulnerable ones more.Young teens in Florida with ventilators is not true, bring facts to back that up. Most people on the ventilators are those that have reached critical level which are mostly the old and vulnerable. I never said that Covid hasnt killed a young person but it highly affect mostly the old. Before you come attacking me just go online and check average age of deaths in these countries. We all know that the young show mild no symptoms are can carry it without it being severe with them unlike the old

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by bigiyaro(m): 8:57am On Jul 03, 2020
looks like revenge of the youths for bad upbringing and looting.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by merits(m): 8:59am On Jul 03, 2020
Aboki99:

Yes ooo bunch of lazy men

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:59am On Jul 03, 2020
Openbusiness2:

Yes oh, and going beach for unlimited flexing. Dem no send anybody. Up Miami grin
grin grin, now they are paying the prices of their negligences cheesy. They're not prudent enough.

Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by StPete: 8:59am On Jul 03, 2020
Cammo:

And you said that as if you don't have old people in your family.

I didn't exclude them from the blame or did I? If you have failed the youths, whatever the repercussion, even by posterity, you face it
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Katier00(f): 9:03am On Jul 03, 2020
mamotalk:

congrats, am happy for you to get over it.
thanks man
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by jmichael259(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2020
100naira or 200naira could save a soul. Over 3months no salary no business.
0024257475-unity bank

Meanwhile DM me for any Driving job around imo state public or private.
Re: Nigerians Aged 20 To 40 Spreading COVID-19 — Dr Chikwe Ihekweazu by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2020
mvem:
guy more than 80% of deaths world wide from Covid is 60+yrs patients. Check the Stats. In the US the average age of death is about 75+, yes same with Italy, UK, Spain etc. It is fact that it kills the old and vulnerable ones more.Young teens in Florida with ventilators is not true, bring facts to back that up. Most people on the ventilators are those that have reached critical level which are mostly the old and vulnerable. I never said that Covid hasnt killed a young person but it highly affect mostly the old. Before you come attacking me just go online and check average age of deaths in these countries. We all know that the young show mild no symptoms are can carry it without it being severe with them unlike the old
With due respect bros, whenever you want to quote someone in other to go against his/her claimed, please make sure you are vast in knowledge about what you about to say.

Florida had more than 114,000 cases of Covid-19, with more than 3,300 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Approximately 20% of cases are patients between the ages of 25 and 34, per data released by the state Department of Health on Thursday.

"What we've seen, particularly over the last week, is a real explosion in new cases amongst our younger demographics," DeSantis said in a news conference in Orlando earlier this week.

"Half of these positive tests are in that 34 and under age group, and the bulk of the tests that we are seeing are really the 25- to 34-year-olds," the governor said. "They represent the largest share of all positive tests by a pretty decent margin for anyone throughout the course of the pandemic."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Recovered Dead From Well In Kwara (Graphic) / UK To Ban Travel From 6 Nations As South Africa Detects New COVID Variant / Is Feminity In Male Natural? - Victor Obanor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.