Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Pls Help With Java In Android Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Pls Help With Java In Android Development (489 Views)

Where Can I Learn Java In Lagos / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# / Come Here To Learn Java In Pidgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help With Java In Android Development by chidoziekingsley: 7:45am On Jul 03, 2020
Pls help I am still learning java and all I have been doing doesn't produce any graphical output like adding together two variables loops, I find while.
So I want to know if in creating an android app is another language used to design it and what is java used for in the app, is it just for defining the function of the app or can java be used to design the layout and UI
And is java used for audio and media playback
And what is used for 2D Graphics
Re: Pls Help With Java In Android Development by Coder2Client(m): 8:38am On Jul 03, 2020
chidoziekingsley:
Pls help I am still learning java and all I have been doing doesn't produce any graphical output like adding together two variables loops, I find while.
So I want to know if in creating an android app is another language used to design it and what is java used for in the app, is it just for defining the function of the app or can java be used to design the layout and UI

In android development, you are going to be using xml for your UI/UX design and Java or kotlin will be the wire that makes your design shine like morning starts. Of course, you can use Java for the the design but it is not encourage as it is going to be very difficult when you want to update your app in the future particularly when you are planning your app to be internationalized i.e you want your app to support many languages. If your goal is to be android dev, continue your learning with Java, cover the following topics: classes and interface, collections, anonymous inner class, multithreading.

All of these topics are what you will be using most of the time in your code particularly anonymous class and interface.

After these, start android, get a good book on Android development and enroll for courses on Android development and stay abreast for latest development in Android platform.

If you have any blocker as regard android development feel free to ask me here. Anytime I'm online I will address it.
Re: Pls Help With Java In Android Development by stanliwise(m): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2020
chidoziekingsley:
Just chilax and learn on, if body too dey scratch you then you can go search about java FX and Java Graphics. It is what they use for java interface development. What you are learning now is java starter code
Re: Pls Help With Java In Android Development by chidoziekingsley: 10:49am On Jul 03, 2020
Coder2Client:

In android development, you are going to be using xml for your UI/UX design and Java or kotlin will be the wire that makes your design shine like morning starts. Of course, you can use Java for the the design but it is not encourage as it is going to be very difficult when you want to update your app in the future particularly when you are planning your app to be internationalized i.e you want your app to support many languages. If your goal is to be android dev, continue your learning with Java, cover the following topics: classes and interface, collections, anonymous inner class, multithreading.

All of these topics are what you will be using most of the time in your code particularly anonymous class and interface.

After these, start android, get a good book on Android development and enroll for courses on Android development and stay abreast for latest development in Android platform.

If you have any blocker as regard android development feel free to ask me here. Anytime I'm online I will address it.
isn't there a way or cheat into using html in android studio.
Because html seems simpler than xml and i want to understand the way each layout is added that is why i dont wand to use the visual editor
Re: Pls Help With Java In Android Development by Coder2Client(m): 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
chidoziekingsley:

isn't there a way or cheat into using html in android studio.
Because html seems simpler than xml and i want to understand the way each layout is added that is why i dont wand to use the visual editor
If you know how to use html, then you should grasp xml in no time. In fact, for Android development you don't need to learn xml, when you start using it, you will know how it works. Drag and drop will help you in most cases.
Re: Pls Help With Java In Android Development by denvers: 1:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
From my experience, XML is used in Android studio to create the user interface. html is mostly used on web pages, the syntax is almost similar, little differences also exist in structure and characters.
There are other IDE for developing Android apps like visual studio and co., they might support html.
Or better still check up on Google, am sure more solutions are there.
Re: Pls Help With Java In Android Development by DanRay1: 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
Coder2Client:

Bro what good resources in android development can you recommend for me please?

(1) (Reply)

For OOP Programmers / REACT Setup Issue / Guys Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.