Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,725 members, 7,816,981 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? (970 Views)

Video Of Hushpuppi Being Arrested In Dubai Posted By Dubai Media Office / Isokoboy Calls For The Arrest Of Boys Who Gang-Raped A Young Lady & Recorded It / Video Of The Arrest Of 34 Nude Dancers At A Club In Abuja Emerges, APC UK Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Neictraema(f): 9:06am On Jul 03, 2020
In the wake of Hushpuppi arrest:

1. In one of Dubai's banks (name not mentioned), you now need to prove that you earn at least 11,000 AED per month (up from 5,000 AED days ago) if you are a Nigeria before you can open an account.

2. Barclays - UK now warning that online money transfer (to Naija) could face some delays due to improved verification procedures.

I hope these are mere coincidences, however, I have seen these negative discriminatory "improved verification procedures" towards Nigerians (at the airports) when Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (the "Underwear Bomber" or "Christmas Bomber"wink nearly bombed an airliner on Christmas Day in 2009 in the US.

God bless Naija & #No2crime

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Vyzz: 9:09am On Jul 03, 2020
We did this to ourselves

We all
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by HappyPagan: 9:12am On Jul 03, 2020
Vyzz:
We did this to ourselves
Who is we? Who is ourselves?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Vyzz: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2020
All of us....

One way or the other we contributed to how we are being treated now sir

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Kriss216: 9:17am On Jul 03, 2020
Nigerians will always find ways to survive.. It's in our constitution.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Kriss216: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2020
Vyzz:
We did this to ourselves

We all
No, Afonjas did this to us!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by StaffofOrayan(m): 9:21am On Jul 03, 2020
When blacks, Nigerians included were being auctioned in the slave market in Libya, it didn't affect our image?

U don't know ur problem in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 03, 2020
If you live abroad, avoid behaving Nigerianly and you'll be fine.

As for casting, we don cast shaa.

If not that I mumuishly have been iberibeitically patriotic to Nigeria as a country, one will hardly notice I'm Nigerian except you know my last name.
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Neictraema(f): 9:40am On Jul 03, 2020
Vyzz:
We did this to ourselves

We all

We tolerate criminals .In some certain fashion, we celebrate them

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Sammy07: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2020
Kriss216:

let's take a survey in the prisons of US, Indian, Canada, UAE.

And who fill up their prisons. angry
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Commonsense99: 9:47am On Jul 03, 2020
Neictraema:

We tolerate criminals .In some certain fashion, we celebrate them
God bless you!
Those banking restrictions are not coincidence, we should actually expect more in days to come, sadly those hushpuppy's followers who were cheering him on ig will not be excluded.
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Superwave: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2020
All this were already in place immediately FBi caught the fraud kingpin hushpuppi was working for the famous Invictus Obi who made into forbe list doing fraud n his gang of over 80 criminals. This along with daredevil criminals that went to rob bureau exchange in broadlight in Dubai.

Neictraema:
In the wake of Hushpuppi arrest:

1. In one of Dubai's banks (name not mentioned), you now need to prove that you earn at least 11,000 AED per month (up from 5,000 AED days ago) if you are a Nigeria before you can open an account.

2. Barclays - UK now warning that online money transfer (to Naija) could face some delays due to improved verification procedures.

I hope these are mere coincidences, however, I have seen these negative discriminatory "improved verification procedures" towards Nigerians (at the airports) when Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (the "Underwear Bomber" or "Christmas Bomber"wink nearly bombed an airliner on Christmas Day in 2009 in the US.

God bless Naija & #No2crime
Kriss216:

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by sexylassie2(f): 9:55am On Jul 03, 2020
This is not only affecting nigerrians abriad but nigerians living in nigeria,Now, online money transfer companies e.g world remit now allow only cash pickup, you must come along with any government issued Id and a reference code to claim any money.

Like play like play, Nigeria might be knock out from the international banking systems if we don't get serious on fraud and money laundering.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Neictraema(f): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2020
sexylassie2:
This is not only affecting nigerrians abriad but nigerians living in nigeria,Now, online money transfer companies e.g world remit now allow only cash pickup, you must come along with any government issued Id and a reference code to claim any money.

Like play like play, Nigeria might be knock out from the international banking systems if we don't get serious on fraud and money laundering.

This is really really sad...
Husp may have scammed almost 2 millions people.
But
sexylassie2:

This is really really sad.
Husp stole from almost 2 million people.
His crime is now affecting 200 million Nigerians
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by pocohantas(f): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2020
J111333:
If you live abroad, avoid behaving Nigerianly and you'll be fine.

As for casting, we don cast shaa.

If not that I mumuishly have been iberibeitically patriotic to Nigeria as a country, one will hardly notice I'm Nigerian except you know my last name.

Mr-man, you look like one of us. The Nigerian gene is very strong, let alone an Igbo one...come add am Anambra. grin grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 03, 2020
pocohantas:

Mr-man, you look like one of us. The Nigerian gene is very strong, let alone an Igbo one...come add am Anambra. grin grin
Na you get your mouth. Thank God I'm very ugly, I can easily claim Nigerien or Cameroonian here in Cotonou, who Nigeria epp?
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by pocohantas(f): 10:24am On Jul 03, 2020
J111333:
Na you get your mouth. Thank God I'm very ugly, I can easily claim Nigerien or Cameroonian here in Cotonou, who Nigeria epp?

Why do good-looking people do this? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2020
pocohantas:

Why do good-looking people do this? grin
Adjust your glasses hanty if you have one, mek you dey see well.

Well maybe you're right, after all Oshiomole is Mr.Nigeria to his imported wife.grin grin
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Kriss216: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2020
Sammy07:

let's take a survey in the prisons of US, Indian, Canada, UAE.

And who fill up their prisons. angry

You excluded UK and Saudi Arabia.
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Sammy07: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2020
Kriss216:

No problem.
Re: Nigerians Abroad- How Has The Arrest Of Hushpuppi Affected Your Banking? by Balogunodua(m): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2020
Kriss216:
Yest!

Including Malaysia and Indonesia

(1) (Reply)

Fake Us Immigration Officer From Nigeria Arrested / Lastma Becoming A Menance In The Society / There Are Some Gay Guys In This Forum!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.