Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life (47550 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Ambulances, 20 Vehicles To Kano COVID-19 Taskforce / Face Mask Policy: Flog defaulters - Governor Umahi to taskforce officers / Coronavirus Survivor Says Chloroquine Saved His Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Kingrefreshed: 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
Metrix147:
Man Battles For His Life After Assault By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officer

A middle-aged man whose name could not be disclosed is currently battling for his dear life following several punches and serial assault by enforcement officers attached to Umuahia North Covid-19 protocol enforcement team.

Trouble started when the victim, a commercial tricycle operator who approached a checkpoint opposite the General Post office in the capital city and was stopped by the taskforce officers.

It was discovered that one of his passengers was not wearing the mandatory face mask.

She was said to have hurriedly searched for it from his bag before the team attacked the Keke rider for carrying a passenger allegedly violating COVID-19 safety protocol.

The officers directed the Keke operator to take the vehicle to the local council headquarters and as he was still asking the taskforce member to take it easy, he received a deadly blow on his face, with three other punches coming simultaneously before the victim lost his balance and slumped lifelessly on the road.

The scenario attracted passersby who gathered to see the end of the Thursday afternoon drama while the attacker fumed in his rage over what he saw as belittling by the tricycle operator.

But when it became obvious that the Keke Operator may not be coming back so soon, the crowd became violent and insisted that the task force staff single-handedly convey his victim to hospital.

In the melee that ensued, the irate mob started manhandling the taskforce staff who after taking the heat for a while, made well his escape after taking to his heels and running into the council headquarters.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/07/man-battles-for-his-life-after-assault-by-abia-covid-19-taskforce-officer-photos/

Covid Punch grin
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by DimIsaac10(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
Filtered and exergerated Newsline.
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
no fight sweet pass punch fight grin

btw,

nice one without breaking bottles.
na man una be.
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by moorevic(m): 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
Mayng01:
What a country! What a state! What a corrupt leaders! What a reckless law enforcement! What a lawlessness! What a hushpuppi.......

idiot
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by hardbody: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
I blame the crowd. To the extent the assault happened in their presence, the Covid officer should have been on the floor with that guy. Which nonsense is he made good his escape? Dem no dey plank person for dia? These guys are proving Galadima because people let them get away with these things. If they know that the mob will take them down and even snuff them out for assaulting others, they will think twice before doing that and this ones no even carry gun, omo the guy for dey hospital before the keke man. Lazy mob.
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by kiddkash(m): 4:08pm On Jul 03, 2020
Originality007:
Corona punch grin grin
you took the words right outta my mouth
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Comedian2019: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
Zoo
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Mayng01(m): 4:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
Your father!

moorevic:

idiot
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Karmaisme(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
On my way from PH yesterday, I got to a mopol check-point after Mbiama at about 8pm;

Officer: O'boy wetin you carry?

Me: Oga I carry ABC.

Officer: Bring our money come.

Me: I no get money.

Officer: Wey your waybill and licence.

Me: Oga see them here.

(after checking the licence and the waybill)

Officer: Give me your vehicle particulars.

Me: Na im be dis.

(After checking the vehicle particular and finding no fault)

Officer: Your moto no get engine number.

Me: Oga wetin I go do now.

Officer: You go settle us 5k here or we carry your moto go park for base.

Me: Oga, abeg carry the moto go base, me no get 5k to settle.

Officer: park well for there, we go carry you go base in the morning.

(after parking well, I entered my truck and slept off)

Three hours later.

Officer: Wey you. So you dey here dey sleep make we dey do your security? Abi? Take, carry your moto comot for here.

Its so unfortunate that the people that are supposed to enforce our laws are the sam
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Elmander1983(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
Chai! Nna, the punch carry coronavirus. The puncher must be a covid weight champion.. Been laughing MA ass out.. Damn nigga
Metrix147:

A middle-aged man whose name could not be disclosed is currently battling for his dear life following several punches and serial assault by enforcement officers attached to Umuahia North Covid-19 protocol enforcement team.

Trouble started when the victim, a commercial tricycle operator who approached a checkpoint opposite the General Post office in the capital city and was stopped by the taskforce officers.

It was discovered that one of his passengers was not wearing the mandatory face mask.

She was said to have hurriedly searched for it from his bag before the team attacked the Keke rider for carrying a passenger allegedly violating COVID-19 safety protocol.

The officers directed the Keke operator to take the vehicle to the local council headquarters and as he was still asking the taskforce member to take it easy, he received a deadly blow on his face, with three other punches coming simultaneously before the victim lost his balance and slumped lifelessly on the road.

The scenario attracted passersby who gathered to see the end of the Thursday afternoon drama while the attacker fumed in his rage over what he saw as belittling by the tricycle operator.

But when it became obvious that the Keke Operator may not be coming back so soon, the crowd became violent and insisted that the task force staff single-handedly convey his victim to hospital.

In the melee that ensued, the irate mob started manhandling the taskforce staff who after taking the heat for a while, made well his escape after taking to his heels and running into the council headquarters.

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/07/man-battles-for-his-life-after-assault-by-abia-covid-19-taskforce-officer-photos/
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by dozzybreezy(m): 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Omo blow pass blow oo

... People wicked shaa
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
These Ania people are useless. If na Lagos, those task enforcers for hear am
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by samdaisi: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
I trust my people from the the East they will soon channel their misfortune to Muhammad Buhari and herdsman while touts nurturing there killing innocent poor man struggling to survive
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by letitrainnow(m): 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
Why they let him escape
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Yxxx: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
Amaechi2023:
Exaggerated report.
No b stranger we be for Naija..

What are you saying?
Do you know how these glorified touts who call themselves taskforce in whatever capacity they are placed behave in Abia state ?

They are inhumane and wicked.
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
I think NCDC needed more numbers to add so they advised their staff to punch people if necessary.
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Idadurun: 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2020
Metrix147:

see people wey dey find biafra no even love themselves. Biafra inhumanity to Biafra
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by baebeenayoka: 8:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dey punch somebody inside this hungvid 19
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Slynation(m): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2020
sacajawea:

The reason you don't 'Support' fight I'd because the person may be unfit/unwell physically, not because it's wrong and animalistic?
Somethings in life are inevitable... But as for me, I do avoid words/actions leading to fighting like bad habit... #ManOfPeace
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Numero9: 8:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
He will live to remember that blow for years to come.
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by earnit2: 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2020
ye
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by richardo20: 8:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
Animals,after dey ’kill him dey will record one dead
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
The mob should have beaten that idiot to pulp, to serve as deterrent to others.
What an abuse of power
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Bluffly: 9:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
When we have law enforcement agencies, governments will now gather thugs to enforce law. So why do we have law enforcement agencies. What is Civil defence doing
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by authority2006(m): 10:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Mayng01:
What a country! What a state! What a corrupt leaders! What a reckless law enforcement! What a lawlessness! What a hushpuppi.......
donbachi:
Some nigerians are worst than hitler..small thing dem don show their wickedness.

This news made me remember how environmental sanitation task force gruesomely murdered a teenager in Edo state few years back by literally pulled him apart when he refused to enter into their bus. Almost every part of his body was dislocated.

Amaechi2023:
Exaggerated report.
No b stranger we be for Naija..

Exaggerated? You didn't mean it?
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by Successrole(m): 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
vote me for senate by next election I promise to sign arms law, every adult citizen is entitled to a gun or more.
let's kill them before they kill us. I believe that will make them sit up, take us serious and remind them we are humans like them

Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by morris477(m): 10:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
They don't want to hear put nose mask is a problem, ok na you see Ur life
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by jaxxy(m): 11:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
donbachi:
Some nigerians are worst than hitler..small thing dem don show their wickedness.

That what we call enforcing the law by breaking the law. Grand stupidity.
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by oluwaleinad(m): 12:35am On Jul 04, 2020
Oloriburuku them will also be protesting against black lives matter...security personnel in this country are just beast in uniform.
Re: Man Punched By Abia COVID-19 Taskforce Officers, Battles For His Life by nameit: 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chidi Ohagi Invents Cohagi Intravenous Monitor / Nurse Seen Taking Lollipop In An Emergency Room While Attending To A Patient / 5 Advantages Of Drinking Water In The Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.