Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths (1088 Views)

Implications Of Tinubu's Visits To Amaechi, Yahaya Bello, Osinbajo And Umahi / Governors Wike And Umahi Clash Over Buhari - The Nation / $1.5bn Lagos-ibadan Fast Rail: FEC Gets Cost Overrun Request From Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by maupe: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2020
By John Owen Nwachukwu
Lagos, Nigeria
11::00Am

A coalition of Igbo Groups, have lined up the Minister of Transport, Chibuike Amaechi, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Governor David Nweze Umahi, and Peter Obi for 2023 presidency.

The coalition comprising World Igbo Youth Congress, Southeast Women Professionals and Igbo Students Union described the decision of Arewa Youths to form an alliance with Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide ahead of the 2023 general elections as a welcome development.

The Coalition said the development was an affirmative action that both groups will definitely present a consensus candidate in 2023.
It made its resolutions known after a meeting with the leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide in Abakaliki Ebonyi State on Thursday.

This was made available to DAILY POST on Friday by Comrade Obinna Achionye, Deputy President General Ohanaeze Ndigbo Youth Council Worldwide.

According to him, the signatories to the resolutions are, Mazi Alex Okemiri, President, World Igbo Youth Congress; Dr Mrs Helen Ogbonnaya, leader, Southeast Women Professionals; and Comrade Chidi Ugwunjo, President, Igbo Students Union.

The Coalition emphasized that Igbo presidency in 2023 is the most equitable and Justifiable crusade that will make “Nigeria survive from disintegration and disaster that pose threats against her collective existence.”

The Coalition commended All Progressives Congress, APC Caretaker Committee Chairman and Yobe State Governor, Mai Buni, for zoning the party’s chairmanship position to the North.

The group said that the move is an indication that the presidency will be zoned to the South, “and we expect the PDP to also emulate the APC and zone the presidency to the South.

“With this development and after deliberating on the issues extensively in line with Igbo interests, we present Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers) Dr Ogbonnaya Onu (Ebonyi), Governor David Nweze Umahi (Ebonyi) and Mr Peter Obi (Anambra) PDP and others,” to run in the election.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/03/2023-igbo-coalition-presents-amaechi-peter-obi-umahi-onu-as-presidential-candidates/
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2020
grin Let me comment as if I'm interested in this wild dream.

Please Amaechi should have no business in that list, is better he's replaced with Wike because we don't need betrayers and Fulani errand boy as a representative. Then Peter Obi. (Okwute 1 of Agulu adigh Igbo ataa aja) remains the most out standing and qualified for the position given his political and off-political records. But that's if we were to be interested in their deceptive presidency; right now it's BIAFRA BIAFRA and BIAFRA, and there's no going back on this stand. They can go with their presidency if at all 2023 will ever see the existence of the impending Nigeria.
Peter Obi is my brother, I'av mate him one on one before, during and after his rain as governor but we can not allow the 8 years interest of a community to overshadow a generational well being of an entire Nation.

#FreeLanceCorporalMartins!
BIAFRA BIAFRA BIAFRA!!!

1 Like

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by flyingpig: 11:51am On Jul 03, 2020
This is embarassing

How does a man from SS represent the political interest of SE

This people should not sell our birthright to SS please. Amaechi is from SS and SS has had their shot at Presidency through GEJ in very recent years.

His name should be substituted or rather omitted biko.

BTW is it not the same Transport Minister Amaechi who put Akanu Ibiam Airport under lock for up to a year now and counting. Is it not the same Minister who supervised the rail project where SE was not captured? It is a shame what this group is doing. Some newspaper Editors shouldn't be promoting groups who don't even appear sensible in their quests.

1 Like

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2020
Remove Amaechi from that list...

We are talking of Igbo presidency not Ikwerre presidency...

Both are different ethnic groups and also we need someone with igbo interest at heart and not some kind of maniacs....from bricks..

I will rather vote Atiku.........or waste my vote on buhari's third coming or worst come to worst I will give the vote to Tinubu but Amaechi is a No No.

Meanwhile the so called igbo youths under criminal disguise should get their asses busy with other issues than seeking political appointment ahead of time

3 Likes

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by SaintBeehot(m): 11:54am On Jul 03, 2020
you don't give orders, you strategise
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by omenka(m): 11:56am On Jul 03, 2020
Foolish entitlement mentality. I just hope they're giving that order to PDP.

Nonsense.
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by richie240: 11:56am On Jul 03, 2020
Lolz.....
''Give us or we die now-now", "we demand", " its a must" etc
Sorry bros, politics ain't family inheritance.
You work towards it!
cool

4 Likes

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 03, 2020
SaintBeehot:
you don't give orders, you strategise

Don't mind the touts issuing statement.

1 Like

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by IamWonderful: 11:59am On Jul 03, 2020
Non of them is fit to be president

1 Like

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Dedetwo(m): 12:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
Osagyefo98:

We are talking of Igbo presidency not Ikwerre presidency.

Amaechi has publicly re-emphasized of his being Igbo. He is not worse than Uratta, Ngwa, Wawa, Anioma, Enuani, Izza. Aro and Isu person of Igbo ethnicity.
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by IamWonderful: 12:01pm On Jul 03, 2020
richie240:
Lolz..... ''Give us or we die now-now", "we demand", " its a must" etc Sorry bros, politics ain't family inheritance. You work towards it! cool
Hahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Sweetgoodie(f): 12:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
[s]
omenka:
Foolish entitlement mentality. I just hope they're giving that order to PDP.

Nonsense.
[/s]
my friend shatap

1 Like

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Sammy07: 12:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Both are different ethnic groups and also we need someone with igbo interest at heart and not some kind of maniacs....from bricks..

I will rather vote Atiku.........or waste my vote on buhari's third coming or worst come to worst I will give the vote to Tinubu but Amaechi is a No No.

Meanwhile the so called igbo youths under criminal disguise should get their asses busy with other issues than seeking political appointment ahead of time

Lol, you guys are funny, who do you wanna deceive that Ikewerre ain't Igbos.

Just like saying Ijebu ain't Yoruba

Or Kwara / Okun (in kogi) people ain't Yoruba cos they ain't in sw.

If Ameachi becomes president, it'll favor SE than Other regions.

In as much Ikewerre is igbo dialect, Ameachi is igbo.
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by haffaze777(m): 12:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
They forgot to mention buruji kashamu he's also igbo now,afterall he's from ijebu IGBOcheesy

3 Likes

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Cyberterror: 12:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
IamWonderful:
Non of them is fit to be president
The only sensible comment so far.

1 Like

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Afospecialk: 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
All na wash

Who will Vote for children of hate ?

Politic of resentful, bitter and hateful strategy can't lead you to anywhere close to Asorock

Hatred begotten marginalization grin
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Afospecialk: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
haffaze777:
They forgot to mention buruji kashamu he's also igbo now,afterall he's from ijebu IGBOcheesy

That's so creative nd hilarious of you grin
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by helinues: 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
cool
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Ojiofor: 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2020
[[s]quote author=maupe post=91331749] By John Owen Nwachukwu
Lagos, Nigeria

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/03/2023-igbo-coalition-presents-amaechi-peter-obi-umahi-onu-as-presidential-candidates/[/quote][/s]

Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi can never represent political interest of Southeast because he is from SS period.

2 Likes

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by helinues: 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2020
haffaze777:

Wetin be this now?

Ijebu Igbo...... grin cheesy wink
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by obailala(m): 1:31pm On Jul 03, 2020
flyingpig:
This is embarassing

How does a man from SS represent the political interest of SE

This people should not sell our birthright to SS please. Amaechi is from SS and SS has had their shot at Presidency through GEJ in very recent years.

His name should be substituted or rather omitted biko.

BTW is it not the same Transport Minister Amaechi who put Akanu Ibiam Airport under lock for up to a year now and counting. Is it not the same Minister who supervised the rail project where SE was not captured? It is a shame what this group is doing. Some newspaper Editors shouldn't be promoting groups who don't even appear sensible in their quests.
Osagyefo98:

Ojiofor:
[[s]quote author=maupe post=91331749] By John Owen Nwachukwu
Lagos, Nigeria

https://dailypost.ng/2020/07/03/2023-igbo-coalition-presents-amaechi-peter-obi-umahi-onu-as-presidential-candidates/[/s]

Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi can never represent political interest of Southeast because he is from SS period.
You guys are truly not well, no offence!

Somebody whose name is Chibuike Amaechi is not igbo because he's from Rivers State? Meanwhile this is one of the very few Ikwerre-Igbos in Nigeria today who has never publicly denied his Igboness (like his fellow Ikwerre and Anioma brothers do).

In one moment of madness (probably after an Nnamdi Kanu broadcast), some of you shout to high heavens that Ikwerres and Aniomas are Igbos too; in the very next second of madness when a slight (albeit imaginary) political opportunity presents itself, you guys public ostracising fellow Igbos claiming they aren't 'real' Igbos (whatever that means), and you begin to wonder why typical Ikwerres and Aniomas deny being Igbo, or why they are very much opposed to having anything to do with Biafra? *Spits* angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Klinee: 2:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nonsense! Why should they put Amaechi in the list, he is an ikwerre man from River state.
2023 presidency is for South easterners not ikwerre people!

1 Like

Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by OPPPS: 2:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
Igbo will rather vote Atiku, Their Hausa/ Fulani master than voting Onu or Amechi or Umahi
It's a contract they signed with Lord Lugard. They must serve their Fulani master
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by OPPPS: 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
Klinee:
Nonsense! Why should they put Amaechi in the list, he is an ikwerre man from River state.
2023 presidency is for South easterners not ikwerre people!
But when you want to claim Biafra, ikwerre automatically becomes Igbo land
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Klinee: 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
OPPPS:

But when you want to claim Biafra, ikwerre automatically becomes Igbo land
Which Biafra? We're talking about Nigeria and you are mentioning Biafra.
Maybe Ikwerre man can become president of Biafra when Biafra is actualized.
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by haffaze777(m): 2:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
helinues:

Wetin be this now?
Ijebu Igbo...... grin cheesy wink
Shey I liegrin
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by haffaze777(m): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2020
Afospecialk:

That's so creative nd hilarious of you grin
I'm just trying to be stupid like demgrin
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by helinues: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
haffaze777:

Shey I liegrin

With this revelation, Biafra land is extended to Ogun State be that...

Igwe Ochacha must read this revelation... grin
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by xtianxtian(m): 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2020
Is Amaechi an Igbo man?
You guys should ask questions why he is answering Rotimi
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by haffaze777(m): 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
helinues:

With this revelation, Biafra land is extended to Ogun State be that...

Igwe Ochacha must read this revelation... grin

So you don't know before?Ogun state is part and parcel of Biafra except some part of Odeda local government because they won't like to share boundary with ibadan (headquarters of Amala and ewedu)grin
Re: Choose From Amaechi, Obi, Onu And Umahi For President- Igbo Youths by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Sammy07:

Lol, you guys are funny, who do you wanna deceive that Ikewerre ain't Igbos.

Just like saying Ijebu ain't Yoruba

Or Kwara / Okun (in kogi) people ain't Yoruba cos they ain't in sw.

If Ameachi becomes president, it'll favor SE than Other regions.

In as much Ikewerre is igbo dialect, Ameachi is igbo.

Lol

Who told you all these. Allow we the custodians to brief you on how things work here.

Do you know that Amaechi might have different meaning in Igboland and Ikwerreland?

The matter is Igbo presidency and not the other way round. If not let buhari go for third and fourth term.

Moreover his name is Rotimi..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Youths Are Slaves, Prostitutes Abroad –prof Akintoye / Why Isn’t Chanels TV 254 Showing On DSTV? / Buhari Has Never Invested In My Church After I Asked God To Make Him President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.