Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo (7027 Views)

Ihedioha: Mass Resignation Hits Imo PDP / Peter Obi: Mass Resignation Hits Anambra PDP, Ozigbo, Others Leave / More Trouble For Obaseki As Loyalists Plot To Abandon Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Captainrambo2: 3:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
well Bleep APC and pdp my only interest is Edo state. I once was prasing obaseki on this forum thinking he'll complete gelegele sea port, industrial and central park plus emotan garden before second tenure..

After seeing he's a nonsense man that don't have Edo state interest at heart, I stopped supporting him.

From unbiased point of view, it's impossible for obaseki to win
... I as a pdp man dint necessarily hate izeiyamu. But the fact that he ate his vomit despite all what oshiomole did to him ? I wasnt comfortable with his desperation.

And besides oshiomole abandoned ekpoma , even you urself go don hear the gist. We suffered here eh, it was obaseki that came to repair ihumudumu and royal market roads. And for that , ekpkma is already in his pocket.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Unigrad: 3:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
I would love for my state to be like Lagos.

Aren't you ashamed? Post a beautiful picture of Edo state and you'll see it's oshiomole achievement.

4 years of been a governor what has he done??

You see how akwa ibom, kaduna has over taken Edo state??.

Ebonyi Is coming soon.

As big as Edo state no single flyover, no estate. Nothing nothing
SSAs are of no value in the politics of any state, it's a position for political settlement. You are rejoicing for this, Don't forget, some of those SSAs where nominated by some APC members who are against the governor, you can't expect them to start supporting the governor to act against their political fathers. Obaseki knows who is on his side and those against him, he is not going to loose any sleep.
op and you talk as if you are not politically sound.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Unigrad: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
who's in PDP that can deliver is senatorial district to obaseki

Politics is local my dear
Who are the senators of Edo South and central?
You know the influence of Senator Matthew in Edo South? Are you telling me Edo Central will vote APC? According to political calculation, Edo Central will support Governor Obaseki so that after Obaseki four years, the position can return to them. Before now, Edo Central is PDP.
Don't forget, there are people who will not decamp to PDP but they will vote and support PDP. Just be patient and watch what will play out. You talk like someone who don't understand Edo politics.
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Bighead9: 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ugly and incompetent Obaseki is a gonner grin cheesy grin grin.

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by ceejayclas(m): 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
If Oshiomole could apologise that all he said about pastor Ize Iyamu were influenced by alcohol missed with corn, I could vote for the pastor

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Unigrad:

Who are the senators of Edo South and central?
You know the influence of Senator Matthew in Edo South? Are you telling me Edo Central will vote APC? According to political calculation, Edo Central will support Governor Obaseki so that after Obaseki four years, the position can return to them. Before now, Edo Central is PDP.
Don't forget, there are people who will not decamp to PDP but they will vote and support PDP. Just be patient and watch what will play out. You talk like someone who don't understand Edo politics.
Edo central is PDP and always has been. Everyone smart knows they'll support obaseki, no doubt about it.

The problem is Edo south, ize iyamu is literally the most powerful politician there, he's a grassroot politician and has huge influence even among pdp members.

The only way obaseki can win this election is if his achievements speak for him

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
Captainrambo2:
... I as a pdp man dint necessarily hate izeiyamu. But the fact that he ate his vomit despite all what oshiomole did to him ? I wasnt comfortable with his desperation.

And besides oshiomole abandoned ekpoma , even you urself go don hear the gist. We suffered here eh, it was obaseki that came to repair ihumudumu and royal market roads. And for that , ekpkma is already in his pocket.
yeah I understand why Esan don't like oshiomole (APC) but you can't blame ize iyamu for it, I even remember when oshiomole disrespected an Esan king. He was wrong and nothing can justify it.

I applauded him for fixing few things there but that's not how things should be, if only you know how much Edo state receives in allocation
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by 6digitscomrade: 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Aren't you ashamed? Post a beautiful picture of Edo state and you'll see it's oshiomole achievement.

Ebonyi Is coming soon.all ur rants are in ur guts and should remain there.. u are deluded hence ur thoughts are unstable and chaotic.. Belarus also will which to be like Moscow but it’s just a wish .. don’t pity thieves and don’t condemn one thief to hype another thief .. if u can’t be objective and neutral then u are part of Nigeria’s problem..qed

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Unigrad: 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
Edo south. Ovbie Edo kpataki
You are from Edo South and you talk like someone who don't even understand Edo politics. I'm not a member of APC nor PDP, have been to majority of the places in Edo South, I can confidently tell you that Governor Obaseki is having a big edge over Ize Iyamu. People talked good of the Governor. Firstly, the videos of what Oshiomole said against Ize Iyamu is going to work against him, you know what Oshiomole said four years ago is still in the mind of Edoites. Secondly, Godfatherism, majority of Edoites hate and don't want to hear anything like godfather, that was the antics Oshiomole used to win the heart of Edoites and that's why he won 18/18 during his second term election. Now, people are seeing him as someone who wants to make himself a godfather in Edo State. Edoites are not happy with him in addition to what he did to Obaseki during APC nomination. He said that he is the supreme Court to decide who will be cleared in APC, it will work against him. Thirdly, Governor Obaseki will get sympathy votes. Don't also forget, APC is not popular in Edo State, go see the voting pattern and you will understand. Fourthly, there are voters in Edo who vote for candidate and not parties, Obaseki will have an advantage because Ize Iyamu have agreed he was once a cultist, you know how Edoites hate cultism, they know a cultist is always a cultist.
Workers, Market men and women, bus drivers will vote for Obaseki because of the reform. Majority of Edoites also believe that Ize Iyamu will bring back Tony Kabaka to continue is ticketing which we know will also work against Ize Iyamu. I know Tony Kabaka has thugs in his pocket but it will not work this time. Everything Tony Kabaka said against the governor will also work against Ize Iyamu, you know all what he was saying was out of selfish interest which Edoites knows. Tony Kabaka who is a thug celebrated Billion Naira because Oshiomole made him alone to collect all the ticketing in Edo State, Majority of Edoites are not happy with this.
Stop be sentimental and face reality. No matter the rigging and federal might, PDP still have the advantage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Yebosola(m): 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
Ajebaba:
Egungun is finally entering express for Obaseki

It is expected, Obaseki has sold them out for his gain only, don't u know their posts are already help by PDP stalwarts already
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
Unigrad:

You are from Edo South and you talk like someone who don't even understand Edo politics. I'm not a member of APC nor PDP, have been to majority of the places in Edo South, I can confidently tell you that Governor Obaseki is having a big edge over Ize Iyamu. People talked good of the Governor. Firstly, the videos of what Oshiomole said against Ize Iyamu is going to work against him, you know what Oshiomole said four years ago is still in the mind of Edoites. Secondly, Godfatherism, majority of Edoites hate and don't want to hear anything like godfather, that was the antics Oshiomole used to win the heart of Edoites and that's why he won 18/18 during his second term election. Now, people are seeing him as someone who wants to make himself a godfather in Edo State. Edoites are not happy with him in addition to what he did to Obaseki during APC nomination. He said that he is the supreme Court to decide who will be cleared in APC, it will work against him. Thirdly, Governor Obaseki will get sympathy votes. Don't also forget, APC is not popular in Edo State, go see the voting pattern and you will understand. Fourthly, there are voters in Edo who vote for candidate and not parties, Obaseki will have an advantage because Ize Iyamu have agreed he was once a cultist, you know how Edoites hate cultism, they know a cultist is always a cultist.
Workers, Market men and women, bus drivers will vote for Obaseki because of the reform. Majority of Edoites also believe that Ize Iyamu will bring back Tony Kabaka to continue is ticketing which we know will also work against Ize Iyamu. I know Tony Kabaka has thugs in his pocket but it will not work this time. Everything Tony Kabaka said against the governor will also work against Ize Iyamu, you know all what he was saying was out of selfish interest which Edoites knows. Tony Kabaka who is a thug celebrated Billion Naira because Oshiomole made him alone to collect all the ticketing in Edo State, Majority of Edoites are not happy with this.
Stop be sentimental and face reality. No matter the rigging and federal might, PDP still have the advantage.
you're typing like how ipob usually do about nigerian politics, everything isn't that simple.

For example, isn't oshiomole the one that brought obaseki out?? Everyone know ize iyamu don't need a good father because he successfully delivered Edo state to PDP for years and has been trying to be governor since early 2000.

I've pictures of obaseki doing cultist handshakes and was even talked about it here on nairaland, Google it, that kind of nonsense don't usually work, ask wike.

As for words oshiomole said, there are also videos of PDP people saying bad things against obaseki, only a fool don't know it's politics.

In all honesty those things don't matter when it comes to election, what matter is how powerful are you and what has you done??.

The truth is the state power might rest on obaseki hands, ize iyamu has federal backing and you know how nigeria politics is, you'll be surprised seeing army and DSS on that day.

Secondly is do obaseki has the people support?? That I doubt because I hear bad things about him, roads are flooded,light situation is worse, potholes everywhere.

Benin is going backward, no infrastructures on ground and youth employment is zero, you see how obaseki took away what the youths used to feed(ticket collecting) without employing any of them.

Unlike oshiomole when contesting second term, obaseki don't have Edo support, he only has the ones that will see food under him support.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Unigrad: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
you're typing like how ipob usually do about nigerian politics, everything isn't that simple.

For example, isn't oshiomole the one that brought obaseki out?? Everyone know ize iyamu don't need a good father because he successfully delivered Edo state to PDP for years and has been trying to be governor since early 2000.

I've pictures of obaseki doing cultist handshakes and was even talked about it here on nairaland, Google it, that kind of nonsense don't usually work, ask wike.

As for words oshiomole said, there are also videos of PDP people saying bad things against obaseki, only a fool don't know it's politics.

In all honesty those things don't matter when it comes to election, what matter is how powerful are you and what has you done??.

The truth is the state power might rest on obaseki hands, ize iyamu has federal backing and you know how nigeria politics is, you'll be surprised seeing army and DSS on that day.

Secondly is do obaseki has the people support?? That I doubt because I hear bad things about him, roads are flooded,light situation is worse, potholes everywhere.

Benin is going backward, no infrastructures on ground and youth employment is zero, you see how obaseki took away what the youths used to feed(ticket collecting) without employing any of them.

Unlike oshiomole when contesting second term, obaseki don't have Edo support, he only has the ones that will see food under him support.
You know federal might has never worked in Edo state.
With all what you have said, let's rest our case and wait for September 19. It's less than 3months.
I hope you have your PVC to vote? not that you have a PVC of Ikpoba okha but you will be in Egor on the day of election.
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by quickberry(m): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2020
Unigrad:

SSAs are of no value in the politics of any state, it's a position for political settlement. You are rejoicing for this, Don't forget, some of those SSAs where nominated by some APC members who are against the governor, you can't expect them to start supporting the governor to act against their political fathers. Obaseki knows who is on his side and those against him, he is not going to loose any sleep.
op and you talk as if you are not politically sound.

You don't know anything about politics. These are the people that would do the real work on election day. Are you saying the governor would be everywhere at the same time on the election day?
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Stone03: 7:28pm On Jul 03, 2020
Artiiclebeast:
These youthful charlatans want chop the Federal APC money.

Dem no want go play second fiddle for PDP wey already get goons for their respective wards.

Native intelligence at work.

Are you fed up with the status quo Nigeria is today? Join us here https://www.nairaland.com/5942435/nigerian-youths-lets-get-together Search and join our telegram group (nigerianyouthsaretired) pls retweet and follow

Honestly. They thought APC will spray cash to maintain Edo governorship but how wrong they are. APC and FG are broke.
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Aladdin1(m): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
well Bleep APC and pdp my only interest is Edo state. I once was prasing obaseki on this forum thinking he'll complete gelegele sea port, industrial and central park plus emotan garden before second tenure..

After seeing he's a nonsense man that don't have Edo state interest at heart, I stopped supporting him.

From unbiased point of view, it's impossible for obaseki to win
You talk true.Am not into politics but i can categorically say that Obaseki has not done much in Edo state.he spent his tenure fighting oshiomhole instead of developing edo state.

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Omon605(m): 9:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
Captainrambo2:
I I'm sure they where told to resign. You can't be in nairaland and be saying apc is popular in edo. undecided

Na pdp ooo if you like deceive yourselves. Enough said.
And in the case of rigging yiu guys re banking on, you will see that you can only rigg elections where you are popular. :
undecided

Which means APC is not longer popular in Edo state?
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Captainrambo2: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
Omon605:

Which means APC is not longer popular in Edo state?
pep has more senators, more federal reps, I mean, even when the govt was apc pdp where always taking them to the cleaners.

Now the govt is pdp 2 senatorial districts out of 3 pdp more reps.

Even you check am undecided
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Unigrad: 9:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
quickberry:

You don't know anything about politics. These are the people that would do the real work on election day. Are you saying the governor would be everywhere at the same time on the election day?
They are the party agents?
Politicians nor dey lose for their unit and ward?
Just be patient and see what will play out.
Do you even have PVC to vote in Edo State Election?
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Omon605(m): 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2020
TheGodlessGod:
which senator or rep can deliver to obaseki?? You think politics is a joke.

The only place obaseki will have votes is Edo central because esan don't like APC and most of them want to have the next governor after obaseki

I believe we the Esan people will soon realise that Obaseki campaign promises of making esan person governor after the expiration of his tenure is a pure scam. because from all indications Obaseki doesn't have what it takes to make someone a governor even as a pdp governor
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Omon605(m): 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
Captainrambo2:
apart from the man from edo north where is the APC senator ?

Pdp has more senators and rep members here. undecided
Who re the people in apc ? undecided

That was one of Obaseki greatest mistake. He refused to work with any of the senatorial and house of reps candidates because of the problem he was having with oshiomhole because he see them as oshiomhole candidates. But if you can recall, immediately after presidential election APC won all the 24 state house of Assembly elections Hope that speak volume
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Captainrambo2: 9:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
Omon605:

That was one of Obaseki greatest mistake. He refused to work with any of the senatorial and house of reps candidates because of the problem he was having with oshiomhole because he see them as oshiomhole candidates. But if you can recall, immediately after presidential election APC won all the 24 state house of Assembly elections Hope that speak volume
winning the houses usually counts for nothing in edo. Even in my local govt esan west, pdp did not field any candidate.....

It's just what it is..
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by ChoCho54(f): 9:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
Christology:

leave sentiments party is sacrosanct before anything else.
Yet they are doing everything possible to tear their party apart
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by quickberry(m): 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
Unigrad:

They are the party agents?
Politicians nor dey lose for their unit and ward?
Just be patient and see what will play out.
Do you even have PVC to vote in Edo State Election?

Chairmen/Commissioners/Special Advisers are the ones who will mobilise party agents and canvassers on election day. You don't know anything about Nigerian elections. Must I be a voter in Edo to know that?

September 19 is around the corner, don't come here to shout rigging.
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Unigrad: 10:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
quickberry:

Chairmen/Commissioners/Special Advisers are the ones who will mobilise party agents and canvassers on election day. You don't know anything about Nigerian elections. Must I be a voter in Edo to know that?

September 19 is around the corner, don't come here to shout rigging.
Na non Edoites carry this matter for head ooo.
I started monitoring politics of Edo State for years, I know what I'm talking about. It is the party that mobilize party agents, canvassers on election day.
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Superwave: 11:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
Make you papa no go wail to death over those wiser than you n your father. See the fool calling others charlatans, you are here looking for who to join your group while those you are insulting are already ward chairman. When will your father stop hating you can never measure up to in your miserablly pathetic life ?!

Artiiclebeast:
These youthful charlatans want chop the Federal APC money.

Dem no want go play second fiddle for PDP wey already get goons for their respective wards.

Native intelligence at work.

Are you fed up with the status quo Nigeria is today? Join us here https://www.nairaland.com/5942435/nigerian-youths-lets-get-together Search and join our telegram group (nigerianyouthsaretired) pls retweet and follow

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by mannobi(m): 5:23am On Jul 04, 2020
Obaseki has no political structure to sustain him hence looking for the tax collectors to help him with their online supporters from the East
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by GreenArrow1(m): 5:43am On Jul 04, 2020
Ajebaba:
Egungun is finally entering express for Obaseki

Leave that thing. These are paper weights. SA ward 10, SA ward 5 etc. If I didn't have friends who are SAs to the governor I'd have thought the post meant something tangible. People on 50k salary and no offices. Na to just dey use d title waka up and down the hustle. The only SA that has some weight is Special Adviser.
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Bighead9: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2020
Ugly and incompetent Obaseki is a gonner. grin grin grin grin

Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by MabraO: 7:31am On Jul 04, 2020
TheGodlessGod:

Ebonyi Is coming soon.

Since you know so much tell us where u think a fly over should be sited in Benin since fly over is what makes a state developed
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Unigrad: 8:28am On Jul 04, 2020
MabraO:

Since you know so much tell us where u think a fly over should be sited in Benin since fly over is what makes a state developed
You are wise.
All some people know to do here is to buy data and start talking rubbish.
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Omon605(m): 4:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
Captainrambo2:
winning the houses usually counts for nothing in edo. Even in my local govt esan west, pdp did not field any candidate.....

It's just what it is..

Oga is a pure lie if you are not a grass root politician is very difficult for you to win a state house of Assembly elections.
Re: Edo 2020: Upper Cut For Obaseki As Massive Resignation Hits Edo by Omon605(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2020
Captainrambo2:
pep has more senators, more federal reps, I mean, even when the govt was apc pdp where always taking them to the cleaners.

Now the govt is pdp 2 senatorial districts out of 3 pdp more reps.

Even you check am undecided

Your may be right to a very large extent but let's look at it this way, if Obaseki as a governor lost his senatorial district) edo south) to pdp when he was still fully rooted in APC, which simply means his not even popular in the Edo south where he come from

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: Yahaya Bello Supporters Inauguarate Plateau Exco, To Begin Mobilization / Tb Joshua Prophecy 8 Years Ago About RUSSIA AND UKRAINE / Ekiti Monarch To Honour Bisi Fayemi With Chieftaincy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.