Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,808 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes (3854 Views)

Infinix Unveils Hot 10 Play Device In Nigeria / Infinix Unveils Hot 10 Device In Nigeria / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by sidvinci(m): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
[s][/s]
DigitalCora:
Losing your phone is quite painful especially if you have important files and information stored in it.

A few years ago, if your phone gets stolen, it's as good as gone.

But not anymore.

Today, I'm going to take you through the process on how to track your missing device and recover your stolen phone. This tip is only applicable to android phones only.

For whatsoever reason you discover your phone is missing. Follow these steps:

1. [s][s]Goto google.com/android/find from another device. Or you can download the Find My Device from Playstore.

2. Log into the website. Enter the email address and password for the Android that you want to find.

3. When you log in, you'll find your device's name on the left portion of the screen. Click on it!

This will trigger the process for Google to begin searching for your phone's location.

4. It shouldn't take too long for your android's location to be determined. (At most, 60 seconds with a fast internet connection).

Once your device's location is determined, it will display on the screen.

5. At this point, you've found your device's location.

Yeah, it's that easy.[/s]

[s]But before you proceed to recover your device, here's what you should do before anything else.

When you confirm that your phone has been stolen, contact the financial institution that you use for monetary transactions on the stolen device.

Inform your bank about the state of your phone and instruct them to restrict the number from carrying out any transactions till you retrieve your phone or number.

Why should you do this?

Phone thieves can gain access to your BVN by simply dialling a USSD code on your device. With such info combined with your SMS alerts, emails, and banking app, they can launch and can carry out fraudulent activities and make transactions without your authorization.

I hope this post helped.
[/s]
Source: https://digitalcora.com

Cc: Lalasticlala

Which school you go
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by godfrey01(m): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Flashing mode..changing stock firmware. But not all criminals reason to that extent.... Your phone dead and gone

1 Like

Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by tobisco29(m): 11:50pm On Jul 04, 2020
Without sim i guess it cant work.
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 12:18am On Jul 05, 2020
jom28gy:
Does Android have password and email?
.android is owned by google.decode the rest.
what planet have you been living on
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 12:25am On Jul 05, 2020
I steal a phone.remove the sim,switch off the phone and switch on while holding the upper volume key.

all these renders op's write up useless
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 05, 2020
DONFRANSKID:
If I steal ur phone I will pull the Sim card off let me see how you will track me

This is an internet related issue.

Not service provider issue.
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 05, 2020
The moral of the story is.
DON'T JUST LOSE YOUR MOBILE.
I don't want to hear story.
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by DONFRANSKID(m): 7:04am On Jul 05, 2020
RonaldoVido:

This is an internet related issue.
Not service provider issue.
without Sim card you can't access internet
Re: How To Recover Your Stolen Android Device In Less Than 2 Minutes by Freelancerx: 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2020
Informative, but might not work in all cases

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Nigeria Apn / Which Tablet Do I Buy Between 20-35k / Android Tutorials,Game hacks,Cheats and lots more...[Videos ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.