Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' (8895 Views)

Properties For Sale In Festac Town, Lagos Under N10m...no Omo Onile Wahala / No omo onile wahala...Properties Under N10m In Festac Town,lagos / Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' by youngmill(m): 7:11pm On Oct 06, 2009
lawyer:

This thread was opened in 2007 and we are in 2009 and this omonile issue is still waxing stronger than ever in Lagos and i think its about time we start educating ourselves to know how to deal with these people because the bitter truth is that they AINT GOING NO WHERE as long as you want to own a land in Lagos.

Let's share our experiences with them good or bad and learn how to handle them next time we come across them: smiley

I don't think there is anything anyone can do about this unless the government intervene and put a stop to it. I try everything to stop this people in my first project but nothing work and lot of hospital visit. This are very violent people that will stop at nothing except if they are confronted with violence too.
I think Nigeria should follow the example of Ghana and make it illegal to stop this people. it was the same in Ghana to before there government pass the law and took it seriously and things have change ever since.
Re: Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' by sayso: 12:16pm On Oct 07, 2009
This is every where you go,even abroad,only the government can at least reduce their impact.
Re: Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' by Nezan(m): 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2009
This is pathetic
Re: Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' by kokooro1: 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2009
I've hoped someone will mention this:

The typical "OMO ONILE" is a member of OPC (GANI ADAMS group). They all belong there everyone of them, only exception being conquered authentic Omo onile and those ones are ever so afraid of the OPC boys.
Re: Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' by Hammed442: 11:49am On Oct 09, 2009
The Problem of this Omo Onile People would continue to go on in Lagos Unchecked, As I remember we were all blaming Obasanjo for declaring Gani Adams and the OPC as Illegal Outfits in the Country, Baba was wise as he has seen what we cant see when we the Youths Stand up to look,
The OPC Should be disbanded,and Declared Illegal as Armed Robbers,Thugs,Hoodlums have Hijacked the Organization from the Founders,Armed Robbers hide under the Cloak of the OPC for Protection from the Police.
This OPC Thugs are the ones being used to Harrass Hapless,law Abiding Citizens in the Community where the Omo Onile Operates,on the impulse of enforcing a fictitious and fraudulent court order which are Obtained from Corrupt Judges who pass this Judgement after receiving a Certain amount of Money induced by the Lawyers of the OMO ONILE,S.
We have the Duty as citizens to expose this Omo Onile,And their Antics with the way they Operate, I am investigating their activities and I do hope anyone with Informations about them would please pass it on to me,So as for us to be able to Document a Report which we could use to expose them to the Whole World.
This is the best that we can do for ourselves to solve this problem,If they are exposed and their Paid Police Officers are Exposed too, The Government would be force to do something about them, No Group or Individual is Big or Great Enough than the 150 million people living in Nigeria.
Re: Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' by AEuropean: 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2010
Hello Everybody!!!
Someboddy here I am a thirty year old European writing a paper about the growth of Lagos to a Megacity. A problem occured to me. In many articles about the informal land delivery system in Lagos, the word Omo Onile was used, but it was never generally said, what it is!

You here, you all, are the first link, when you look for Omo onile in google!!! This forum here is the first. But what or who omo onile is, what they do, why they can do it, is not really explained here. I read all Your statements and I got some ideas of what it is, but I do not really understand. cry

As far as I understand: Omo onile is some big criminal organisation, that is taking money from people for living in Lagos (or Nigeria) on a place, where ownership is unknown, perhaps the people just took the land to live there. Now Omo onile says it is all their land and people have to pay. If not you are punished, threatened whatever. So omo Onile is somekind of Mafia organisation, that is not chased by police or the government, because Omo onile is strong and organised and can bribe officials. But did I understand it right Sometimes you used some unknown words and abbreviations, I cannot understand or translate.

It would be very nice if someone of You or You all together would do the effort to write down exactly and generally, what Omo onile is. Or go and use wikipedia. Write a new article there!
I would like to know, what Omo onile is and secondly: You want to get rid of Omo onile. So make it public! Please make it possible, that people can find out in the internet, what Omo onile is.

Please reply and you can also contact me directly if You want to do something in this topic and if you can help me with some information.

Fritztipp@gmx.de

Best Wishes to you all and Greetings from sunny, but always cold Europe grin

Walterfritz
Re: Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' by AEuropean: 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2010
Okay, Uspry1 gives some good information here in the forum, I have overseen this. And he gives a good link

But what is 419?

And why do a lot of people in this forum think, God will do it and solve the problem?
God can give you strength to solve the problem yourself, and when the problem is too big, He gives you strength to solve it alltogether. My problem is, my bike is broken. But God will not fix it, I will.

So I hope this Forum is revitalised. Or did Omo onile diappear?

Best Wishes

Walterfritz
Re: Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' by benbertie: 4:56am On Oct 25, 2017
DO YOU KNOW THAT

1. Buying a Land that is deemed to be “free” but it has no Certificate of Occupancy or Governors Consent or Gazette / Excision is a gamble?

2. Buying a Land with “Gazette in Process” and “Excision in View” or “File Numbers” is an unsecured investment? This is a commonly used scam / trick by real estate development companies in Lagos, Nigeria.

3. There are cases where fraudulent Sellers present cloned Certificate of Occupancy or Registered Titles, alongside fake or forged means of identification?

4. In a situation where a Property is owned by a Corporate Body incorporated or registered under the Companies and Allied Matters Act, Search at the Companies Registry is paramount?

5. Without a grant of probate and /or letters of administration, no Vendor or Seller [whether family members or otherwise] possesses the requisite authority to sell the estate or property of a deceased person? Hence Search at the Probate Registry is vital.

6. The consent of the principal members and head of the family or community to the sales transaction needs to be obtained so as not to make the sales transaction void or voidable?

7. If the Title of a Land is defective, whoever buys a House built on such a Land is merely a tenant at the mercy of the true Owner with a valid legal Title to the Land? The Legal Maxim: “quicquid plantatur solo, solo cedit” in very instructive. It simply means that whatever is affixed or planted to a land belongs to the land.

8. It is the duty of the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser to prepare the Documents which includes: Contract of Sale; and Deed of Assignment; or Deed of Sub-Lease; or Deed of Conveyance; or Deed of Transfer; or Power of Attorney; as the case may be? The rationale for which the duty of preparation of the Documents is on the Lawyer of the Buyer or Purchaser flows from the right of the Buyer or Purchase to the non - reversionary interest of the property.

9. If there is litigation on a property, the Court may order that status quo be maintained and the person in possession would remain in possession? After making payments and executing Title Documents, a Buyer can take possession by: erecting a small fence, farming on the property, putting tenants on the property, putting a security person on the property, putting construction materials on the property, etc.

10. The Land Use Act prohibits alienation of Land without the consent of the Governor?

11. Failure to pay stamp duty renders a title document unacceptable for registration and inadmissible in evidence in a court of law?

12. Registration does not cure defects neither does it confer validity on the Instrument which it would not have otherwise had but for its registration?

You need to know how to go about the process of buying and owning a Property in Nigeria. There are several Laws which govern and regulate the process. Hence, usually, it is time and capital intensive. On Property transactions, the legal maxim is apt: “Caveat Emptor” - Buyers Beware. It is not for a Seller to beware. A Buyer needs to exercise full caution and due diligence when buying a property.

READ MORE https://www.nairaland.com/4136950/guide-how-buy-property-land
Re: Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' by Chekitaut: 9:12am On Sep 06, 2020
They are everywhere in Nigeria, Edo & Rivers the headquarters. They kill for fun...

(1) (2) (Reply)

DO YOU NEED A CHANGE OF CURTAINS, WINDOW BLINDS FOR HOME AND OFFICE USE? / HOT Hot 6 Bedroom Mansionate With 3 Sitting Areas Adeniyi Jones Ikeja. Lagos.. / Acres Of Land For Sale@benin City V.close To Gele-gele Seaport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.