Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nigerians In Denmark - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Denmark (1522 Views)

This Amazing Circular Village In Denmark Looks Like Alien Civilization(Photos) / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Denmark by Hilary916(f): 10:57am On Jul 04, 2020
Hello nairalanders, please I need anyone in Denmark to help verify an organization.

My friend saw a vacancy post from them, he applied and he has been given the job. The issue now is that their website doesn't say much about them and they don't have good social media presence.

The name of the organization is Global Poverty Alleviation Initiative and they are located in Copenhagen. He applied to be an international volunteer. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians In Denmark by kakakibuy(m): 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
Hilary916:
Hello nairalanders, please I need anyone in Denmark to help verify an organization.

My friend saw a vacancy post from them, he applied and he has been given the job. The issue now is that their website doesn't say much about them and they don't have good social media presence.

The name of the organization is Global Poverty Alleviation Initiative and they are located in Copenhagen. He applied to be an international volunteer. Thanks.

Your friend should tread carefully. The Global Poverty Alleviation Initiative lists their address on their website( https://www.gpainitiative.org/ ) as

Frederiksborggade 15,

2nd and 3rd Floor,

1360 Copenhagen

Denmark

This building (especially the 2nd and 3rd Floor) belongs to Regus Nørreport which is a company that rents out office spaces for meetings. Ordinarily, one should expect the Global Poverty alleviation to have its own permanent office and not rent meeting spaces.

Just do your due diligence and be careful. Don't pay any processing fees or any such disguised service fee.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Denmark by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:37pm On Jul 04, 2020
If the company is also gonna aid him in getting a visa and pay for his flight tickets then he can go.
Re: Nigerians In Denmark by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 04, 2020
Me self go JP one day I know for sure
Re: Nigerians In Denmark by Vietnaminfo(m): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2020
Hilary916:

Everything I could find indicates it is relatively new.

Could not find anything about it written in Danish. Could not find it registered as an organisation with the authorities. (Danish law to prevent fraud all charities must ask for permissions to raise money and document how the money is spent).

The address is an open office environment where you can basically rent a desk and share the facilities with other companies or organisations So maybe not more than a mailing address.

The phone number is not giving any “hits” on sites where you can complain about telemarketers selling stuff, which is highly unusual for organisations that asks random people for money.

The events on the website is not mentioned in any google search relatable to Denmark. The website claims it held a thanksgiving soup event in the Copenhagen Cathedral on the 8th or March. The priests speech for that day mentions nothing about it

So I got no idea if it is legit. Based on the little information found on the website I suspect it is some kind of Christian religious movement that has created a semi legit branch in Denmark, so it can claim its a larger movement world wide. Does not require much to set up a mailing address in Denmark and one person is enough to host events
Re: Nigerians In Denmark by brabrit: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2020
a friend of mine got an emloyment offer from them, and was instructed to book for an english proficiency test (TOEFL) with a company name "Test Solution Exam Prep Centre" (TSEP).
She went to the website of the TSEP as instructed and paid through paypal for the english test fee which they said is #20,000 ($50) on their website.
She was communicated to that her payment was recieved and the test would be scheduled as ordered within 10days.
But till date, she hasnt got any confirmation of the test schedule.
At the moment, the website of the GPA is working and TSEP hasnt been responding to their calls nor whatsapp chat.
Any body with additional info?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Has Announced Visa Restrictions For The USA And Other Countries / Nigerians Living In Ghana Please Help I'm Coming To Ghana / Form A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.