Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Xiaomi Phone (global Version Vs Global Rom) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Phone (global Version Vs Global Rom) (1595 Views)

Rn7 Pro Global Rom / Redmi Note 8: Does The Chinese Version With Global Rom Work Well With Mtn 4g? / Pix!!brand New,lenovo K5 Pro,global Rom,6gb Ram,64gb Rom, With Gifts For 48k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Phone (global Version Vs Global Rom) by peterincredible: 12:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
alright i have been hearing and reading about xiaomi phones for a while now And i have decided to buy the xiaomi redmi 8 but now that the prices of phones are high due to naira devaluation i decided to checkout aliexpress to buy from there at a cheaper price but now i am seeing some which are tagged global version while some are tagged global rom then i did some googling and i understood the difference between them global version has to do with hardware while global rom has to do with software.

now i want to use this opportunity to asking any importer who have bought a xiaomi phone that is a global rom if there is any limitations they notice with their phones after flashing a global rom and how compatible it is with our network both 4g and 3g and otherwise like durability and performance? pls your suggestions, comments and answers are highly needed and welcome
Re: Xiaomi Phone (global Version Vs Global Rom) by Beedehmee(m): 2:35pm On Jul 04, 2020
peterincredible:
alright i have been hearing and reading about xiaomi phones for a while now And i have decided to buy the xiaomi redmi 8 but now that the prices of phones are high due to naira devaluation i decided to checkout aliexpress to buy from there at a cheaper price but now i am seeing some which are tagged global version while some are tagged global rom then i did some googling and i understood the difference between them global version has to do with hardware while global rom has to do with software.

now i want to use this opportunity to asking any importer who have bought a xiaomi phone that is a global rom if there is any limitations they notice with their phones after flashing a global rom and how compatible it is with our network both 4g and 3g and otherwise like durability and performance? pls your suggestions, comments and answers are highly needed and welcome
ask here
www.nairaland.com/3092803
Re: Xiaomi Phone (global Version Vs Global Rom) by SweetBuns(f): 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2020
peterincredible:

gidieberry
Re: Xiaomi Phone (global Version Vs Global Rom) by fibonacci2526: 7:26pm On Jul 04, 2020
Global version--- Factory fitted Google services, supports major Telco 4G network depending on the device you buy.

Chinese version (global Rom)-- Manually flashed global Rom on a Chinese variant. Your device will have an uncertified Google play store and you will not be able to install apps like Netflix,DStv now from the play store. Limited support for Telco 4G network like band 7 and 20 for MTN, also depending on the device you are buying.

Performance,software and hardware are same on both variants ( global version and global Rom) and both supports all of our 3G networks.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A32 (helio G80) Vs Xiaomi Redmi 9 (helio G80): Speed Test / Phone Of 35-40k Needed / Reverse Cell Phone Lookup Using Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.