Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone (1686 Views)

Here Is The Night Shots Taken With Infinix S5pro / How To Capture The Hottest Shots With The INFINIX Hot 8 Triple AI Camera / How To Take Better Pictures At Night With Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 7:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
Good evening everyone...

How was your Saturday?

Chelsea don use bad belle take go play Norwich. It's unfair oh. angry angry

Looking forward to United Vs L'pool tomorrow. grin grin

So let's talk photography this evening.

If you have been here sha, since last year. Then you surely must have heard me talk about light and photography.

Those two are inseparable.

You cannot separate them at all. Light is the senior brother of photography.

Without light, no picture.

It's that simple.

I have seen many people take pictures and complain about it.

Oh this my phone sef, e no dey clear again.

I would simply take the phone, position the subject to face any available light source, focus, wait and shoot.

Ah Jesus! Na my phone snap this one!

Bros how you do am?

As soon as I try to explain, they're bored and want to go back to snapping pictures.

undecided undecided

Snap me like this, oya like that, wait make I give you style.

One very thing that surprises me continuously is when people complain about the performance of their camera at night.

A: Guy, my camera no good.

Me: wetin happen? E fall?

A: No oh, e no dey snap well once day dark.

Me: Because it is dark undecided There's not enough light.

A: na lie, this room no bright reach for your eye.

Me: that's because we're human beings. Our pupils in our eyes can dilate (open up) so as to take in more light and see better in the dark.

A: All those one na medical terms.

Me: At this point I give up. There's nothing wrong with your camera. Use night mode or get a light.

One guy on Nairaland made me laugh and spill RC cola I was drinking one evening.

His complaint was "hi thread, my WhatsApp video call quality is very good during the day but it's poor at night, please help me".

Me: lipsrsealed

By merely reading the complaint alone, you'll realize that e no even get problem at all.

So I asked him if he has tried using the screen flash.

His reply was "e no bright reach, I wish I know, I for buy phone when get flash for front".

Me: bros if you want to make video calls at night, go to a well lit area. No blame your phone, blame UAR. You don see oyibo dey do video call for darkness? undecided

The first device I owned with night mode is the Redmi Note 7.

I was eager to test it but I began to notice that there was a problem.

1. Night mode took longer to take photos

But

2. The time given (around 8 seconds) was too short.

3. The camera had problems focusing

So while Redmi Note 7 was a champion during the day...

At night, it was a different case entirely...

Especially if there was no moonlight.

I think most companies realized that this was a serious problem too.

Why?

Camera sensors are not like human eyes so they require more time to "see in the dark".

The simple solution was to increase the exposure time.

If you know how to take advantage of exposure time, night photography will come more naturally to you.

Note:

You need a TRIPOD or SOMETHING to hold your phone.

In the past, I used my cup of Vaseline and two textbooks (Guyton & Hall and Gannon) as my tripods. No ask me how I do am.

This is to keep your phone steady so it doesn't ruin the focus and develop motion blur.

Two, don't shoot at darkness. You'll get darkness.

There must be something that you see in the low light condition that will prompt you to take the photo.

The video should explain the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8jEcdPYFzI

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Mohbola(f): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2021
This is interesting.
More people should try this with their phones and give us feedback smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2021
Mohbola:
This is interesting.
More people should try this with their phones and give us feedback smiley

grin grin grin

Na to wait
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Mohbola(f): 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2021
atheistandproud:

grin grin grin

Na to wait
Yes o
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by SEGLIZ: 10:19pm On Oct 23, 2021
hello photo.
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 8:58am On Oct 24, 2021
SEGLIZ:
hello photo.

Hi pishure

grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by SEGLIZ: 11:32am On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:

Hi pishure

grin cheesy grin

shocked wink kiss
cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Flowboi(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:

Hi pishure

grin cheesy grin
boss una dy active only fr d telegram page wat abt me wey dy carry rechargeable lamp take dy snap picture at night
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 12:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
Flowboi:
boss una dy active only fr d telegram page wat abt me wey dy carry rechargeable lamp take dy snap picture at night

This bros, you funny sha

Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by skywalker240(m): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
Wetin i de miss so
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by hahn(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:

grin grin grin

Na to wait

You used your cup of vaseline lipsrsealed
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Jacku: 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:
Good evening everyone...

How was your Saturday?

If you have been here sha, since last year. Then you surely must have heard me talk about light and photography.

It's that simple.

I would simply take the phone, position the subject to face any available light source, focus, wait and shoot.

Bros how you do am?

As soon as I try to explain, they're bored and want to go back to snapping pictures.

undecided undecided

One very thing that surprises me continuously is when people complain about the performance of their camera at night.

Me: that's because we're human beings. Our pupils in our eyes can dilate (open up) so as to take in more light and see better in the dark.

Me: At this point I give up. There's nothing wrong with your camera. Use night mode or get a light.

One guy on Nairaland made me laugh and spill RC cola I was drinking one evening.

His complaint was "hi thread, my WhatsApp video call quality is very good during the day but it's poor at night, please help me".

By merely reading the complaint alone, you'll realize that e no even get problem at all.

His reply was "e no bright reach, I wish I know, I for buy phone when get flash for front".

Me: bros if you want to make video calls at night, go to a well lit area. No blame your phone, blame UAR. You don see oyibo dey do video call for darkness? undecided

But

Why?

Camera sensors are not like human eyes so they require more time to "see in the dark".

If you know how to take advantage of exposure time, night photography will come more naturally to you.

Note:

In the past, I used my cup of Vaseline and two textbooks (Guyton & Hall and Gannon) as my tripods. No ask me how I do am.

This is to keep your phone steady so it doesn't ruin the focus and develop motion blur.

There must be something that you see in the low light condition that will prompt you to take the photo.

how can one download this gcam?
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Jacku: 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
Flowboi:
weldone o
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
hahn:

You used your cup of vaseline lipsrsealed

That's for amateurs

Legends use juergens grin grin grin
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
Jacku:
how can one download this gcam?

CelsoAvedo or XDA website

Or

I can send the file via telegram.
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Jacku: 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:

CelsoAvedo or XDA website

Or

I can send the file via telegram.
please send it to me on telegram. I'll appreciate that
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Jacku:
please send it to me on telegram. I'll appreciate that

Do you have a Redmi Note 9 Pro? shocked
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 7:45pm On Oct 24, 2021
skywalker240:
Wetin i de miss so

You never miss anything
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Jacku: 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:

hmmm please let's not go that route. Just help me this send this thing abeg
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 9:57pm On Oct 24, 2021
Jacku:
hmmm please let's not go that route. Just help me this send this thing abeg

https://www.nairaland.com/5605811/gallery-mobile-photography-art

Follow the telegram link there to a telegram group.

Check for files there.

You'll see the GCam.

I hope you know how to install it?
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Jacku: 10:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
atheistandproud:

https://www.nairaland.com/5605811/gallery-mobile-photography-art

Follow the telegram link there to a telegram group.

Check for files there.

You'll see the GCam.

I hope you know how to install it?
Thanks. no, how can I go about installing it?
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by AmadorSays: 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
Nice tips, the super night mode on TECNO phones help shoot amazing shots at night
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by skywalker240(m): 4:37am On Oct 25, 2021
atheistandproud:

You never miss anything
I Waka well be thatgrin

This Nairaland de tire me nowadaysangry

1 Like

Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 10:40am On Oct 25, 2021
Jacku:
Thanks. no, how can I go about installing it?

Just the way you install any other app.
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Jacku: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2021
atheistandproud:

alright. Thanks
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Jacku: 10:58am On Oct 25, 2021
atheistandproud:

i couldn't find the link
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Ajilenu: 11:19am On Oct 25, 2021
atheistandproud:
Good evening everyone...

How was your Saturday?

It's that simple.

Bros how you do am?

undecided undecided

But

Why?

Note:

is this from gcam?
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by Ajilenu: 11:20am On Oct 25, 2021
atheistandproud:

lol an only Redmi note 9pro fit do this thing?
Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Jacku:
i couldn't find the link

It's there. Enter the group, scroll up a bit

Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by enoch273: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
This is very interesting, and insightful.... Meanwhile you can now enjoy quality sound, with incredibly powerful bass, and long lasting battery on the 2baba specially tuned oraimo freepod 3. Order yours via the link below my signature...

Re: How To Take Better Night Shots With Your Phone by atheistandproud(m): 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ajilenu:
is this from gcam?

Yes it is

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung S8+ Vs Nokia 8.1 / Nokia 5230 Map Not Working / Killer Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.