Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,810 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) - Food (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) (41847 Views)

See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. / How To Make Ofe Nsala (white Soup) / How To Make Ofe Nsala (White Soup) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by LegitDiva: 8:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Probably she used it to season the meat.
Nothing wrong in adding VERY LITTLE onions to season the meat when cooking soup.
Onion is a no no for me

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by pocohantas(f): 8:19pm On Jul 05, 2020
Theconglomerate:
So why did you bring her into this then,cos na you mention her for here.
Na you bring argument na,I want clear your doubt with back to back photos.
You know say I dey like receipts wella cheesy
I no be you weh dey do sucre papiito for mouth,yet you dey advertise your market everyday for net.
Sucre papiito weh don build mansion for your imagination.

I am advertising my market by posting food threads? I don’t ever talk of your gfs young man. I don’t care about you and your possessions, yet you keep rubbing them in my face. You have dated one that works in oil company and earns more than I do. Now you are dating a student. You buy Lexus and I must know. They give you check worth millions, I must know again. Lord knows who you will be dating tomorrow...

“I must pepper Poco. She must know what she is missing” grin grin

7 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Twoclans(f): 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

I am advertising my market by posting food threads? I don’t ever talk of your gfs young man. I don’t care about you and your possessions, yet you keep rubbing them in my face. You have dated one that works in oil company and earns more than I do. Now you are dating a student. You buy Lexus and I must know. They give you check worth millions, I must know again. Lord knows who you will be dating tomorrow...

“I must pepper Poco. She must know what she is missing” grin grin

Poco shebi you can see what you and your Benz friend has turned our oha thread to angry

Person no dey kuku put mouth for una two wahala. You both should create a thread and leave my delicious oha thread alone. cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by ursullalinda(f): 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
sassysure:

Really?
Okay.

Yes , .......I think it's an Enugu state thing,.......never heard about it in Anambra.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
GuyWise101:

Was there anything like Abia State or Anambra state in the 19th century?

Inweghi amamu ihe, mana ona ewute mu.

We have it now meaning boundaries have been drawn.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by NiklauseFred(m): 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
FloraEC:

Maybe you didn't buy original ogiri. Ogiri is spiritual, the smell is ahhh dunno how to describe it, the taste nkọ inside ọha soup tongue tongue hulala. I even taste mine before adding to the soup grin. I don't buy the already wrapped ogiri, I go for the one they measure aka nke nkonye tongue
When yellow pepper and enough crayfish is added. Ụka agbasa (church dismissed)

Oha soup without akwụ, ede and ogiri is not ọha. Achị, grounded cocoyam, quaker oat should not serve as thickener ooo
I prefer ọha to onugbu

*drops mic*

Hello dear,the mic you dropped got broken grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by LadySarah: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Then they are cooking poison. am I even talking when most of the non igbos are culture less entities..

You are incorrigible! Gosh
I'd so hate to be near you.
Oha is my native soup and we have never used ogiri or ede for it.
I taught my Ihiala bestie and that was the last time she wasted her time pounding ede.

Travel Oga

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by LadySarah: 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2020
pocohantas:

Majority are, if it hurts so much- then you change. Someone close to me saw this thread and also complaining of you guys attitude. This thread went south because your siblings couldn’t give non-eating ogiri people a break.

Yes, majority of Anambra men have the supremacist mindset. I think you people are taught that from childhood. The ones without that attitude are not up to 17% of the total Anambra population. grin grin

Thanks for replicating, I hope they turn out tastier than mine. wink

Anambra guys bu okwu biri n'onum. F.. Cking supremacist. Any day you post anything relating to Igbos and you didn't massage their ego well then they will condemn everything.

How do their wives/gfs from other states cope with them?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by LadySarah: 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Igboid:

They belong to no one. You have no way of proving that.
We call it Ora and have our way of preparing it, but in Abia and Imo, it's Oha/Uha and they have special way of preparing theirs.
It's arrogant of you to claim to be the originator of a dish a people have been cooking before they knew us, that's delusional.

Ofe Onugbu/Olugbu is universal in Igboland, no one invented it.
Nsala as as old as antiquity in Enu ani as it is in Anambra, it smacks of vain arrogance to claim they learnt it from us. You seriously should stop this.
No IMO or Abia person will claim Nsala, they know it's not their soup, even in Anambra, parts like Orumba don't cook Nsala as a traditional soup.
Isi ewu is a delicacy all parts of Igboland have always enjoyed, the Anambra way of preparing it just seem more popular these days.

Some of you should stop bringing Anambra in direct collision course with our Igbo brothers in the name of unbridled hubris and supremacist tendencies.
Many of us are not like that.

A Daniel has come to Judgement!
Okwu agwugo.
Ofe uha is my traditional soup which we use akparata or ukpo or ofo as thickener.
Their argument just surprises me

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Rudy23: 10:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
My boyfriend sent me this thread,how can a Yoruba girl make this now grin
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by sonnie10: 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
Rudy23:
My boyfriend sent me this thread,how can a Yoruba girl make this now grin
Trust me there is nothing special in coking this soup.
Just prepare your normal meats and stock fish as usual.
Then mix up all the mentioned ingredients in a pot and cook. No special timing to add any ingredient.
However put the chunky sliced Oha leafs last. Cover your pot to boil for about 5 more minutes.

You can use palm oil but fresh boiled and meshed and sieved palm fruits is better as it servers as the only cooking water apart from the broths from meats.
If you are not comfortable with coco yam as thicker use pounded yam or even dry package puondo powder.
As a Yoruba girl I would suggest you season it with whatever seasoning you use for gbegiri because its almost the same aroma with the Ogiri they are hyping here. Almost like dawawa used by north.

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Igboid: 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2020
AmuDimpka:

The truth is that Oha, Nsala and Onugbu is Anambra soup

Okazi and ofe ugu is Imo

Achara soup is Abia

Nsala is more of Anambra and Delta Igbo soup

This is my experience

There is no truth about Oha being Anambra soup.
You can't stay in your lane and tell others their own food.
Oha is enjoyed all over Igboland and no one invented it.
It's even Imo and Abia people that call it Oha/Uha. In Idemili and Anambra central senatorial zone, we call it Ora. Yet the most popular name for the soup is Oha, which is the Imo and Abia version.
Onugbu is also general Igbo soup, all over Igboland everyone cook Onugbu soup and no one learnt from each other. In Abia and Imo they call it Olugbo and most native houses have the Olugbo shrub as its fence.

I was in an Asaba facebook page and they were claiming that Enuani people invented Nsala soup while Anambra people copied them. Lol! I couldn't contain my anger.
Truth is that both Enuani and Anambra have been cooking the soup since time, no one taught each other.

Ofe akwu is typical Anambra delicacy.

Ukazi is Abia /Imo.

I haven't heard of Ugu soup, what exactly is it? We have always cultivated and ate Ugu in Idemili so I don't understand how you say Ugu is Imo soup. Everyone always ate Ugu in Igboland. We traditionally used Ugu to prepare Okwuru soup in my part of Anambra.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by AmuDimpka: 11:27pm On Jul 05, 2020
Igboid:

There is no truth about Oha being Anambra soup.
You can't stay in your lane and tell others their own food.
Oha is enjoyed all over Igboland and no one invented it.
It's even Imo and Abia people that call it Oha/Uha. In Idemili and Anambra central senatorial zone, we call it Ora. Yet the most popular name for the soup is Oha, which is the Imo and Abia version.
Onugbu is also general Igbo soup, all over Igboland everyone cook Onugbu soup and no one learnt from each other. In Abia and Imo they call it Olugbo and most native houses have the Olugbo shrub as its fence.

I was in an Asaba facebook page and they were claiming that Enuani people invented Nsala soup while Anambra people copied them. Lol! I couldn't contain my anger.
Truth is that both Enuani and Anambra have been cooking the soup since time, no one taught each other.

Ofe akwu is typical Anambra delicacy.

Ukazi is Abia /Imo.

I haven't heard of Ugu soup, what exactly is it? We have always cultivated and ate Ugu in Idemili so I don't understand how you say Ugu is Imo soup. Everyone always ate Ugu in Igboland. We traditionally used Ugu to prepare Okwuru soup in my part of Anambra.

There is ugu soup.. I never said that someone invented It . But the truth is that someone stared it

Ora is a soup common with the Anambra folks with biter leaf just like Okazi and Ugba soup is common with Imo folks and Achara common with Abia

Each region has soups just like Edikiakong is an Efik/Ibibio stuff

I love God soups and regions have their soups !

Is this up for debate
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by sonnie10: 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
IDENNAA:

You are ffucking stupidd to think we care about your ego massaging as if you are important. Write about things related to your state and we will never open your thread. We dont trespass our boundry , and I advice my Anambra brothers to marry only Anambra women if they really love the state. As long as you are writing about our cultural items we will defend it. baastards !
Intra ethnic marriages (endogamy) result in transmission of genetic disease to subsequent generations. Israel is one example of places battling with disease common with such practice.
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Igboid: 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2020
AmuDimpka:

There is ugu soup.. I never said that someone invented It . But the truth is that someone stared it

Ora is a soup common with the Anambra folks with biter leaf just like Okazi and Ugba soup is common with Imo folks and Achara common with Abia

Each region has soups just like Edikiakong is an Efik/Ibibio stuff

I love God soups and regions have their soups !

Is this up for debate

You don't know what you speak of.

I have been to rural Abia and Imo and they all cook Oha and Olugbu soups as native traditional soups.
They never learnt it from Anambra. Abia and Imo don't know what is Ora. What they know is Uha/Oha and all local compounds there traditionally have Oha trees for easy plucking and cooking of the soup.
You can't start speaking on these things when you have never visited these parts. It's insulting and smacks of arrogance.

There are foods perculiar to parts of Igboland. But Oha and Olugbu is not part of it.
As both of them are very universal in Igboland.

4 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by duchaB(m): 1:03am On Jul 06, 2020
pocohantas:

Honestly Sassy, your people are one of the reasons I will never support Biafra. It is going to be like frying pan to fire.

Anambra people will choke the rest of SE states with their oversabi and supremacist mindset. Always acting like their way is the perfect and only way. Everywhere they enter, you must know they are there!! Jeez!

Oh! Adannaya! not again!! You just polluted the beautiful fragrance from on this thread again with this gobbledygook post..
Please, learn to calm down, my dear, would you...

I like to believe, you are old and intelligent enough to have learnt what truly counts in life...

Cheers Nne!

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by peacefull(f): 1:48am On Jul 06, 2020
klever18:
mrs peacefull come and see your kinda thread

Thank you!
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by billfast: 2:11am On Jul 06, 2020
Vi a un amigo estadounidense en Twitter que dijo que creía firmemente que un resfriado que no conocía el nombre antes de Navidad era la neumonía de Nueva Corona
https://twitter.com/dxyle/status/1237142097750360066
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:44am On Jul 06, 2020
LadySarah:

You are incorrigible! Gosh
I'd so hate to be near you.
Oha is my native soup and we have never used ogiri or ede for it.
I taught my Ihiala bestie and that was the last time she wasted her time pounding ede.

Travel Oga
Always teaching them but won't learn the standard. Travel to learn nothing relating to standard...

Alu!!!
Re: How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 06, 2020
LadySarah:

Lol. Pls they should. Nonsense egoistic men that asked for my hand in marriage. Marry your girls cos they may manage you better than us.

Nonsense and pride!

Such outside marriage is never advisable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

My simple Christmas Meal Today!!! Photos / Some Kitchen Tricks You May Not Know / Please Enough With The Record-A-Thons - GWR Replies Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.